Sponsored

Allocation Advice....Please Help!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I origionally had a "Golden Ticket" GT 500 allocation ordered on July 2nd and late ther dealer I was working with took it from me and gave it to a VIP. They gave me my deposit back. I then ordered a Base GT500 and put down a relatively small deposit. Later through the forums here I found another "Golden Ticket" GT 500 and put down a big deposit on it. I was comfortable with having two GT 500s on order because I knew that if for some reason I got screwed out of the "Goldent Ticket" allocation that the dealership would have to give me my deposit back. The problem is that now the "Golden Ticket" GT500 won't be built until March and the Base GT500 jumped from Unscheduled Material Hold to now having a VIN and a build date in November. I am not worried about losing the small deposit on the base if I have to cancel it but if i cancel it and get screwed out of the 2nd "Golden Ticket" I won't have a GT500 at all. Any advice? The "Golden Ticket" car is sitting as unscheduled clean and the base GT 500 has a mid-november build date.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I see your in California so you can maybe drive it year round?

I would get the base car, drive and enjoy it.
Then trade it in on the carbon fiber track pack.
Or sell it outright.

That’s my advice.

OP
OP
Melange_X3

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I see your in California so you can maybe drive it year round?

I would get the base car, drive and enjoy it.
Then trade it in on the carbon fiber track pack.
Or sell it outright.

That’s my advice.
I could drive it and trade it in but would lose more money on the deal. I am leaning on letting the base go but I will feel like a big idiot if I let it go and then the other dealer screws me out of the Golden Ticket car.

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Difficult decision but I’ll go with the base then trade in for the CFTP but again you would lose money trading it in. Best of luck to you hopefully everything works out!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..if I let it go and then the other dealer screws me out of the Golden Ticket car.
D: I became more than a little anxious after reading so many dealer horror stories that I asked for and received a signed purchase order which includes the VIN. I don't THINK my dealer would hose me but getting the PO gave me some comfort. I figure it would stand up in court not that having that happen would help, I know, but hopefully it would give the dealership pause should they consider any shenanigans.

So, you might give that eye deer a try and I sure hope things work out the way you want.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh, tough one! I would buy the base and move on. You wouldn’t have to trade it in if and when the CF car happens, you could sell it outright, the demand for it will be high enough to sell immediately and you won’t take a “deep” bath. I would rather take that chance, not loose deposit money, and possibly not get the CF car. Imagine being the first guy to buy 2 2020 GT500S lol.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Sell the base car as soon as you are positive the track pack will be coming to you. Can probably sell it for what you paid if not more.

OP
OP
Melange_X3

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
D: I became more than a little anxious after reading so many dealer horror stories that I asked for and received a signed purchase order which includes the VIN. I don't THINK my dealer would hose me but getting the PO gave me some comfort. I figure it would stand up in court not that having that happen would help, I know, but hopefully it would give the dealership pause should they consider any shenanigans.

So, you might give that eye deer a try and I sure hope things work out the way you want.
Thanks for the feedback. I do have a signed PO on the Golden Ticket car. It was signed by me, the sales consultant and the sales manager. The GM also talked with me on the phone. It seems legit but so did the first deal that I got ripped off. I know I could take them to court over busting the deal but honestly it wouldn't be worth the time and expense to do so. I really just want the car and to ride off into the sunset in peace. Why are buying Shelby's always such a dilema. A similar thing happened when I bought my 16 Shelby GT350.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The "Golden Ticket" car is sitting as unscheduled clean and the base GT 500 has a mid-november build date.
I still can't figure out how the CFTP car is still "unscheduled clean", it should have a VIN by now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Take the base, enjoy and sell for minimal loss depending on your ADM when the CFTP is ready.
You can be the first owner of both versions.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well it comes to a bird in the hand......Why do you want a CFTP ? for the stripes ? The wing ? Or to say you have one ? Or will you track it ? The base is every bit the car the CFTP is. Well some bits and pieces are missing from the base, but still its a great car. I would say get the base and let the CFTP go for now...
Sponsored