Sponsored

Alignment questions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible
I recently installed CJPP lowering springs with Steeda pro action non adjustable with Steeda camber plates. Had car aligned but not real happy with numbers. Camber plates fully maxed positive only got me back to -1.4 both sides and rear oem control arms maxed out only got me to -2.2 and -2.3 in rear which I really dont like. Should I install camber bolts up front too with my Steeda plates to get it closer to -1.0? Should I install some adjustable control arms in rear to bring those closer to the -1.5? It is just a street driven car and is a vert but I don't want to have bad tire wear issues with current settings either.
Sponsored

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT Ruby Red
I would question the alignment shop. Ask if they are familiar aligning with camber plates as well as the Mustangs rear. With plates, you have alot of adjustment up front. The rear has a good amount of adjustment too. They just need to understand how to do it. My car is dropped 1ā€ front, 1/2ā€ back and camber is -1.5/-1.25. With 0 toe. I do not have any plates or camber bolts.

OP
OP
ShadowYoteVert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It is done properly as I can see the position if the slots in the camber plates and the slots in rear camber arms are in deed maxed. I have a vert so front drop is 1.6" and rear is 1.1" drop. Toe is also at 0 in front and 0.13 and 0.17 in the rear. The steeda struts though I noticed a lot more tilt on the spring perch than oem struts too which I think adds to issue of not getting back to the -0.72 to -1.0 up front. Just not happy I need to add camber bolts to the expensive steeda plates to get it better.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I donā€™t know why you want less than -1.4Ā°. Thatā€™s a pretty descent place for a street car. I would not do bolts to get to less camber. And itā€™s tough to believe you canā€™t get less than -2.2Ā° in the rear with stock arms. Interesting. Camber and toe arms in the rear certainly do make adjusting and fine tuning significantly easier.

OP
OP
ShadowYoteVert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I am not gonna do camber bolts for sure after some research on them. I was just a little disappointed in the Steeda plates but you are right-1.4 isn't terrible. Guess I'll run rear as is for now but if start getting some bad inner wear will spring for some adjustable camber arms.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you have Belle Tire in Ohio, you can go there for a free alignment check. Ask for their best alignment tech (they admit their techs have varying experience).

You should be able to achieve a good street alignment even as stock, i.e. no camber plates. Both front and rear.

Get a second opinion.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Camber doesn't wear out tires. Get your toe right, and you will be fine. MY rears are at 2.1, and my tire wear on the rear is dead even all the way across. Granted I don't just cruise highways.

Also, there is no way you can't get closer to -1 in the rear. They are either lying to you, lazy, or don't know what they are doing. Find somewhere new that does know what they are doing.
Sponsored