Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
so do we know if TR6060 shift fork is steel or aluminum ?
I'm not sure, but there's ways to make aluminum forks plenty durable too. I think my main concern with them is aluminum doesn't have an endurance limit, so it is prone to fatigue no matter the stress level. That said, if properly designed, that fatigue life is so high it is irrelevant in the discussion.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Alex def not gorilla shift 2-3, let us not forget he has shifted a 10 second mt-82
I would like to see the bench racers saying he gorilla shifted post a 1-3 WOT video to show us how it's done.

Then where are the 1000's of broken shift fork warranty claims? Fricken MT82 haters let me tell ya.
MT-82 haters? 18+ forks are made out of cast aluminum.
Not everyone with a broken 18+ shift fork will come on m6g and make sure you know about it.

If there were no problem, Ford would not have a TSB.

*taken from another of Ls_Eaters video description*
"Ford has released TSB 18-2175 on the 29th of June.
This TSB replaces the 3/4 shift forks as well as the 3/4 synchro.
If you have issues getting into 3/4 in your 2018 MT-82 4D call your service advisor!!"

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not everyone with a broken 18+ shift fork will come on m6g and make sure you know about it.
No, but warranty claims and a Ford recall on that part would make the net. TSB 18-2175 however is not a recall.

Sponsored

chrishammondx

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Base MT82
Heh. Look at all his vids. He snapped his Tremec too. I think he's trying to break em. He says he's not shifting hard but it's quite obvious he's putting WAY too much force into those shifts.

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
He's shifting like he's trying to break it. Morons like him give Ford and other brands a bad name.
My MT82 has 80k miles and I have shifted many times way harder and power shifted with no breaking, saying he shifted too hard is crazy. Only issue I have had with my manual is the gear whine, stared at 12k miles and I thought it was broken, I tried and could not make the mt82 fail to get a replacement for the whine. Still shifts like new and I don't see it giving out anytime soon.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Heh. Look at all his vids. He snapped his Tremec too. I think he's trying to break em. He says he's not shifting hard but it's quite obvious he's putting WAY too much force into those shifts.
You must've never quick shifted before. If you're doing it right, there isn't much resistance, it pretty much falls in.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
A few people on a forum equals everyone having the issue duh

I was at a few dealerships this morning and strangely I can’t see any GTs anywhere. Also with the bulk shipments of Ecoboosts I can’t find a manual anywhere. Like they really scaled back production for some reason on GTs and manual trannies. Nah - the new GT is bulletproof as the JD Power survey says so... :crackup:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I was at a few dealerships this morning and strangely I can’t see any GTs anywhere. Also with the bulk shipments of Ecoboosts I can’t find a manual anywhere. Like they really scaled back production for some reason on GTs and manual trannies. Nah - the new GT is bulletproof as the JD Power survey says so... :crackup:
Great I guess? I don't really care about what happens with the 2018+ cars to be honest as it doesn't affect me in anyway. I already know what is going to happen on here at least. All of the posts/threads in the world is not going to force a company which has one goal of making money at all costs to "act". I also drive the undrivable A6 so I cant really say much about the manual cars. Might see less GTs up there anyways considering the insane pricing :eek:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Great I guess? I don't really care about what happens with the 2018+ cars to be honest as it doesn't affect me in anyway. I already know what is going to happen on here at least. All of the posts/threads in the world is not going to force a company which has one goal of making money at all costs to "act". I also drive the undrivable A6 so I cant really say much about the manual cars. Might see less GTs up there anyways considering the insane pricing :eek:

Yup. The reason I bought a base car this time (usually base cars for me but I had cash this time) is because for 2017 the dealers only brought in premium GTs and no base GTs. And I’m not paying double the price of a V6 for two extra cylinders even though I always said I would only own V8s! So that is what happened there.

chrishammondx

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Base MT82
You must've never quick shifted before. If you're doing it right, there isn't much resistance, it pretty much falls in.
I've been driving cars that were manual gearboxes for years. S2000, 94 RX-7, Mustangs with T5's. If you don't shift like He-Man shit doesn't break. The end.
Sponsored