Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have 10k miles on my GT350. When should I replace the stock air filter? I've been wanting to swap it out with the Blue model for cosmetic purposes, but was waiting for the actual time recommended for replacement. Here is a picture of my current unit.
20220826_205225188_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Baby’s got to breath, change it.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
For my understanding 10,000 mi / 15,000 km is the interval, or is US/GT350 different to EU Bullitt (same intake).

If you don't normally service the car yourself, then you might as well clean it and keep driving it until the next service, if this is not in the too distant future.
Knocking, compressed air and vacuum cleaner are the methods of choice.
Keep the inside clean if you remove it for cleaning.

The disadvantage of the open filter is that you can see that it actually filters something. 😄

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's of zero benefit or consequence to wait on the recommended mileage to change an air filter. If you want a new filter because it's blue, by golly, go get it. Know how many of us have done the same thing? I think I changed mine out within a month of brand new.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Guys for the input, I do have a few more questions...

1. Is the stock air filter intended to be disposable or is it one that you can clean and reuse?

2. I see guys getting the "Blue" replacement filter often for Cosmetic reasons, I have a performance blue colored 350 and I think the blue will look better in the engine bay vs that yellow.

a. Is there multiple options/vendors for the blue replacement filter?
b. does Ford make an OEM in the blue?
c. Are the blue filters also disposable or able to be cleaned/reused?

I definitely do NOT want the air filter where you have to spray it with that oily type substance.. I had a K&N filter like that and that is just too much work..

Thanks for your input guys!....

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Thanks Guys for the input, I do have a few more questions...

1. Is the stock air filter intended to be disposable or is it one that you can clean and reuse?

2. I see guys getting the "Blue" replacement filter often for Cosmetic reasons, I have a performance blue colored 350 and I think the blue will look better in the engine bay vs that yellow.

a. Is there multiple options/vendors for the blue replacement filter?
b. does Ford make an OEM in the blue?
c. Are the blue filters also disposable or able to be cleaned/reused?

I definitely do NOT want the air filter where you have to spray it with that oily type substance.. I had a K&N filter like that and that is just too much work..

Thanks for your input guys!....
Stock filter is meant to be thrown. The blue one you see us all putting on is the Airaid one. I'm not sure if any other brands make a blue one, but just get the Airaid. There is a Ford Performance filter. It's the Airaid filter but with a Ford part number.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Amsoil makes a dry, blue filter that's a perfect fit also. Used it for 25K miles. I don't think it's popular because Amsoil doesn't list it specifically for the car. It's one of their generic conical filters that happens to be the perfect size. People shy away from this for whatever reason. The Airaid filter is the same thing...one of their generic conical filters that fits, but they cross-referenced it for the vehicle application, and the rest, as they say, is history.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Lorne34
No offense intended.
If you think cleaning and oiling an air filter is “just too much work”, I hope you have a reliable tech that will care for your car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Stock filter is meant to be thrown. The blue one you see us all putting on is the Airaid one. I'm not sure if any other brands make a blue one, but just get the Airaid. There is a Ford Performance filter. It's the Airaid filter but with a Ford part number.
Thanks, is the air raid unit a disposable one as well at 10k or can you clean it? I have no issues with replacing if needed, just curious..

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne34
No offense intended.
If you think cleaning and oiling an air filter is “just too much work”, I hope you have a reliable tech that will care for your car.
Hey Fred,
I am not gun shy about doing maintenance tasks on a vehicle. I am not mechanically inclined to the point where I have the facilities, tools, etc to do things such as suspension work, engine swaps, etc, etc. but I just emptied my passenger side oil seperator a few weeks ago. I do that because it is not something (at least I assume) a dealership will do.
My issue is that I am time poor. I run my own IT business and work an avg of 50-60 hrs per week; that along with raising 6 kids, 2 of which are still at home and a wife who want to spend time with me. Throw in helping my daughter and son-in-law with tasks around their newly purchased home (older) and the grand kids and it's all I can do to find opportunities to drive the car, maybe make it to a few track days a year (if I am lucky) and detail it.
I have a reliable dealership locally that services my car well (oil changes, recalls, a new a/c compressor recently) so I don't typically do service work.
I assumed that the blue air filter was not something Ford dealerships would supply, thus I am seeking resources elsewhere and can certainly change out an air filter. My issue is that i don't want another "task" for my to do list to have to maintain an air filter by washing and oiling it. That to me is too much fuss for me right now in my life. I am 57 and will eventually slow down with work, but for now my life is very busy.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Based on how it looks - the time is now!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Lorne34
No offense intended.

Pppfftttt Fred...that's not a fair assessment. I can do about anything and I think fooling around with an oiled air filter is too much work! LOL.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks, is the air raid unit a disposable one as well at 10k or can you clean it? I have no issues with replacing if needed, just curious..
The Airaid is a permanent dry filter. It doesn't use oil. Just clean it with the cleaning solution, rinse it out, let it dry, reinstall. They say to clean every 30k-50k miles.
Sponsored