Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
WIX brand not Motorcraft. I have no idea if they are the official OEM or not or just another OEM.
Although they also sell WIX, the $20.79 is definitely the official Ford OEM filter. Got a few from them over the past two years. Best price going for OEM air and oil filters, at least the last time I ordered.

Edit: oops...you're right. I see 44 now for OEM. Ouch.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just looked up my old receipt to make sure I wasn't going (too) crazy. I guess the good ol days are gone...

MOTORCRAFT FA1922 Air Filter $ 12.23 $ 0.00 1 $ 12.23

Sponsored

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just ordered one from Rock Auto and it was $20 and change + shipping, I ordered some oil too while I was at it to make better use of the shipping costs. First air filter change at 11k and it is dirty I will admit.

If the blue FP filter is still $70-80 (and hasn't shot up dramatically) by the time I need a new one ill probably swap to it at that point.

As a side note there is not a single dealer within 50 miles of me (I am based in Astoria) that seemingly keeps either filter in stock. The funny thing is on 2 separate occasions and 2 separate dealers near me they told me they had the OEM in stock but when I showed up they were like "yeah we actually don't have it". Not sure how this happened twice in a row, even with me explicitly saying to them on both occasions "you do have it on the shelf, now, the OEM AIR FILTER, correct?".

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just ordered one from Rock Auto and it was $20 and change + shipping, I ordered some oil too while I was at it to make better use of the shipping costs. First air filter change at 11k and it is dirty I will admit.
The $20 option from Rock Auto appears to be Wix, not OEM.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just replaced mine at 13,000 miles with the FP filter. My OEM paper filter was DISGUSTING. It was completely black on the bottom side.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Old thread, but has anyone put a pre-filter on to keep debris out from between the folds of the filter?

Also, does anyone have/know of tests showing the flow and filtration differences between OEM and Air Aid?

Mine is a street car, so mostly interesting in quality filtration and good looks. OEM is starting to look a little dirty at only 3k miles in dry, sunny weather. And, ya know, looks matter ;-)

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
AdamIsAdam: Many of us have switched over to Airaid. You may know, the Ford Performance filter IS an Airaid. So, certain it does flow bit better than oem...
I've read that pre-filter does not significantly impead flow. If in dirty, dusty locale OR desire for looks I'd say go for it.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And lest we not neglect...Amsoil has a filter for us as well. Fits perfect and the blue is perfect. And not to bag on Airaid at all, but keep in mind that their "Ford Performance" filter for us is nothing cosmic and not made from unicorn hair braided into a filter element. It is one of their currently existing, off the shelf, universal fit, conical filters that just happens to have the correct dimensions to fit perfectly.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Just wondering what the concern is with using the k+n reusable cleanable oiled filter. Is it over the mass air flow sensor becoming contaminated? I just ordered one as I heard ford has doubled the cost on the motorcraft filter.
I have K&N air filters in all 5 of my vehicles today, and have used in my previous vehicles for many decades. They work great and last forever.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And lest we not neglect...Amsoil has a filter for us as well. Fits perfect and the blue is perfect. And not to bag on Airaid at all, but keep in mind that their "Ford Performance" filter for us is nothing cosmic and not made from unicorn hair braided into a filter element. It is one of their currently existing, off the shelf, universal fit, conical filters that just happens to have the correct dimensions to fit perfectly.
I can
Not find the Amsoil filter on their site. Do
You have a link
To something?