Sponsored

Aggressive convertible spoilers?

starhawesjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt/cs black convertible.
That same design, i.e., GT350 specifically made for a convertible, is also offered (direct) from BMC:

https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/mustang-convertible-350r--spoiler-track-pack-style-2015-2017.html

I got mine direct from them, pretty quick turnaround.

There's some issues / concerns with correct color matching, especially with more complicated colors like Rapid Red, Orange Fury, so the consensus seems to be get it in gloss black, or unpainted and have that done locally.

One other thing: there was a user here who received the wrong part, twice I think! It was from the Ebay supplier, but anyway, if it's the proper convertible part, it fits like a glove, sits perfectly flush, no need to crank down on fasteners to try to pull the sides down.

I love mine, just works perfect with the convertible lines, the ends are especially nice how they follow the trunk/fender contours.
Thanks for the reply. You probably already wrote about this next question so sorry if you did. Did you have to do any modifications or was it remove the factory blade spoiler and the new one falls in place?

Thanks
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for the reply. You probably already wrote about this next question so sorry if you did. Did you have to do any modifications or was it remove the factory blade spoiler and the new one falls in place?

Thanks

I was putting it on Perf Pack car, so no spoiler, i.e., I had to drill holes ... :crazy:

Hahaha, it wasn't actually that bad, did the same with my previous GT (different wing), I want to say that only 2 of the 4 the factory holes line up? I'm sure someone will chime in with a better answer.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
So, apparently in 2019 Shelby American's Super Snake convertible had this spoiler, but the only spoilers I find listed for sale on their site are "coupe only:"

1605701542365.png

Does anyone know or have any ideas about finding one of these? Thanks.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the AM site in the Customer Q&As they say that the Speedform GT/CS style pedestal spoiler will fit the convertible despite the product text calling it coupe-only. Does anyone know from experience what's true? Is the fitment issue one of interfering with the decklid brake light or is it just an antenna-blocking thing?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
On the AM site in the Customer Q&As they say that the Speedform GT/CS style pedestal spoiler will fit the convertible despite the product text calling it coupe-only. Does anyone know from experience what's true? Is the fitment issue one of interfering with the decklid brake light or is it just an antenna-blocking thing?
I don't know, but FWIW other GT/CS coupe spoiler clones did not fit vert's right. People complained the contact points did not rest on the trunk until bolts tightened hinting that either the trunk or spoiler had to flex on a vert. Some pics I've seen of those on verts looked to me like it was at a wrong angle with front edge barely lower than the rear. Manufacturer later started offering a different version for verts. Review of this one on AM says a customer was happy on a vert. Some reviews recommend professional install which might be related to similar issues with this brand.

Reactions: DRB

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

The BMC version is fiberglass, isn't it? Think I'd prefer ABS.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I think this is the spoiler I was looking for, below. It's manufactured by Drake. At least one site I've read says it fits both coupes and convertibles - has anyone here installed it on a vert?

Thanks.

https://www.steeda.com/drake-automotive-group-fr3z-6344210-b2-s550-rear-spoiler

1606746824726.png

So, apparently in 2019 Shelby American's Super Snake convertible had this spoiler, but the only spoilers I find listed for sale on their site are "coupe only:"

1605701542365.png

Does anyone know or have any ideas about finding one of these? Thanks.

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
Yes. I have the drake on mine. It has a gap in the corners and I had to use a drill to adjust the hole on my trunk

Reactions: DRB

Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
GT 350 tech spoiler on mine
IMG_0407.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
Looks fantastic. Been looking for a spoiler for my vert for a few months and I think this is the one I'm going to get. So many of the aftermarket spoliers look like an afterthought (and even the CS factory spoiler) and usually end up looking far too big. The other one I've considered is the Foose MMD. I also think Rousch has one similar to the MMD> Not sure how much the Rousch is but the MMD is pretty expensive.
Do you have a link for this? I'd like it in white, but if it only comes in black I will paint it. Sharp car btw.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I bought used in the for sale section. It was a taken off a 2017 GT350. It is the tech spoiler that comes with the tech package

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I added the Ford Performance GT350/500 spoiler to my PP1 convertible this afternoon. There was enough flex in the spoiler to fit the slightly curved convertible trunk easily.

20210508_161707.jpg
20210508_161656.jpg
20210508_161833.jpg

Last edited: