Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Yes!

And right? I mean, when it's the correct fitment it sits perfectly flushed without forcing it (by way of the fasteners) at all.
Exactly, it fit right down, no need to over torque the fasteners to get it to sit flush. I just sat it down on the trunk lid and it was flush. I had to move it around a bit to find the sweet spot, but it dropped right on! Thanks again!
Sponsored

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
I put a Hurst spoiler on my 2015 and an OEM GT spoiler on my 2020. I believe that both said that they didn't fit a convertible, but I think the reason is that they hit the antenna when you open the trunk.

Resized_20201010_122716(1).jpeg

20190731_200619.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Spoiler delete deleted:

Gray Car Lip Spoiler Tips LV Vertical_x800_DSCN7692.jpg

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
I put a Hurst spoiler on my 2015 and an OEM GT spoiler on my 2020. I believe that both said that they didn't fit a convertible, but I think the reason is that they hit the antenna when you open the trunk.

Resized_20201010_122716(1).jpeg

20190731_200619.jpg
I really like the look of the GT spoiler on your 2020. To my eye, it makes much more of an impact than when installed on a hardtop GT. Can you share any tips on sourcing and installing yours?

Sponsored

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
I really like the look of the GT spoiler on your 2020. To my eye, it makes much more of an impact than when installed on a hardtop GT. Can you share any tips on sourcing and installing yours?
Thanks, I like the look too. I guess that's why I put it on.

My brother has a coupe and I liked the look of his. I located this one on ebay. It had some minor dings on it, but since I was having a local body shop put it on it didn't make any difference to me. I had the body shop put it on because I wasn't going to drill any holes in my new car. I would have screwed it up.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
This is the difference:
The slope of the Fastback and Convertible Decklids are the same towards the tail lights. However, if you look at a Fastback and Convertible from the side especially at the quarter panels. I sat down with someone before that had CAD data for the Fastback and Convertible. The Fastback quarter are kinda straight and slopes up, while the convertibles curves down and away. That is why the spoilers on convertible has a gap between the spoiler and quarter, and the fastbacks dont.

Dont know why Ford did this, because every year before 2015 didnt have this "issue" with Spoilers

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Added an Air Design spoiler yesterday in satin black. Good quality but a little pricey.
C5AEBEA7-1DD2-43DA-9FE4-6649BB86E6BA.jpeg
AED8121C-8291-4200-B459-AF9A07CDC21F.jpeg
BE60193E-2608-444B-902F-C5C010B997B7.jpeg
2C9B88D9-D846-478D-A7C1-956BDE82BC69.jpeg
9E1C1FBB-4CD1-474E-B98F-9628B769EB25.jpeg
I've long wanted a CS spoiler for mine, but I'm liking the looks of the AirDesign better and better. It's hard to argue with the price difference, either.

I notice in the installation instructions that this is a no-drill install that involves some applied adhesive as well as the 3M tape. How challenging was that? And are you satisfied that it's secure?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The original piece of plastic was called a spoiler..... I got rid of it and replaced it with this...
Nice, so that's the GT350 for verts from BMC? Fitment looks pretty exact like mine - paint quality looks pretty spectacular (I wound up with gloss black on my OF car, they were concerned about color matching).

Sponsored

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I did buy it from BMC but, I had it repainted. It was a shade light and although a very close match, it wasn't close enough.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Oh yeah, I was wondering, because Rapid Red isn’t an easy color to match, and yours looks perfect. I guess they were being pretty honest about some colors being hard to match (especially the multistage colors).

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've long wanted a CS spoiler for mine, but I'm liking the looks of the AirDesign better and better. It's hard to argue with the price difference, either.

I notice in the installation instructions that this is a no-drill install that involves some applied adhesive as well as the 3M tape. How challenging was that? And are you satisfied that it's secure?
I would say definitely a two person job but it is attached and not going anywhere. The 3m tape a provided polyurethane sealant is plenty of hold for the light spoiler.

Reactions: DRB

starhawesjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt/cs black convertible.
Got the replacement spoiler yesterday, and a huge difference. Like was said earlier, it just dropped right in place. Huge props to the spoiler company, even though the manufacturer (Wingtech) said it was the correct spoiler, the spoiler company went ahead and replaced it anyhow. Much much better. Got it in and love how it looks! Thanks for everyone's help on this. At one point I honestly was thinking I was crazy. Anyway, the spoiler company on ebay it legit, if anyone is looking for a GT350 track pack spoiler.

Do you have a link for the spoiler on Ebay?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Do you have a link for the spoiler on Ebay?
That same design, i.e., GT350 specifically made for a convertible, is also offered (direct) from BMC:

https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/mustang-convertible-350r--spoiler-track-pack-style-2015-2017.html

I got mine direct from them, pretty quick turnaround.

There's some issues / concerns with correct color matching, especially with more complicated colors like Rapid Red, Orange Fury, so the consensus seems to be get it in gloss black, or unpainted and have that done locally.

One other thing: there was a user here who received the wrong part, twice I think! It was from the Ebay supplier, but anyway, if it's the proper convertible part, it fits like a glove, sits perfectly flush, no need to crank down on fasteners to try to pull the sides down.

I love mine, just works perfect with the convertible lines, the ends are especially nice how they follow the trunk/fender contours.
Sponsored