Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
That's not too bad really. Does the bezel help with reflection or anything? JUst kind of curious why they made it like that.
It does not help with the reflection. It because of the limited space there is being the stereo. I believe they made the hump so the stereo wouldn't just be popping out. The stereo barely fit. It is all the way back.
Sponsored

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
Dose the scosche kit work with the cars mike and sync ? I looked at metra and and the instructions said it will use sync ?
It takes out sync completely but it does retain the steering wheel controls. I haven't tried the mic button yet to see what it does. My Kenwood came with a separate mic so I'm not concerned about the sync mic.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
What model kenwood is that? Looks great by the way. Definitely going scoshe kit when the time comes

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
What model kenwood is that? Looks great by the way. Definitely going scoshe kit when the time comes
Thanks bud :cheers:

Its the Kenwood DNX893S. It was pricey but well worth it. It has a ll the features I wanted. Plus it makes the stock speakers better, not great but better lol

Sponsored

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
Well i got my scosche kit saturday and installed it sunday. I had my doubts at first but once everything is installed its freaking amazing. The fit is amazing, pictures dont do it justice. It looks plain but it feels right at home with everything else. The install of the kit was really easy. Hardest part was taking out the oem dash. Getting the clips behind the stock stereo were a freaking bitch to take out.
What did you do regarding the microphone for phone calls? Is there a way to keep the factory one or did you use one that came with your head unit?

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
Is there a way to retain the USB ports that are in the car now ?
I'm in the middle of installing the Scosche kit now. It look like the factory USB plugs are micro B in the dash and there is nothing with the dash kit to get those converted to USB A to go into the head unit. I ended up cutting the rubber on the end of the pioneer cable to get it to fit in the front factory location and ordered an adapter that will be here tomorrow for the arm rest port to see if it will work.

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
What did you do regarding the microphone for phone calls? Is there a way to keep the factory one or did you use one that came with your head unit?
My head unit came with a mic that I ran the wire up top on the edge of the liner and the windshield. Call quality is great of the mic. The scosche kit eliminates it completely.

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Any more pictures of either kit installed? I really want to see what the hvac controls look like on a vehicle with heated/cooled seats.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Any more pictures of either kit installed? I really want to see what the hvac controls look like on a vehicle with heated/cooled seats.
AFAIK the metra kit is not shipping yet. I have a preorder in and nothing has happened even though they originally told me end of Feb

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
My head unit came with a mic that I ran the wire up top on the edge of the liner and the windshield. Call quality is great of the mic. The scosche kit eliminates it completely.
How about other functions with the head unit, like back up camera, etc. I was looking at just doing the OEMRadio fix for my base unit, but can't get a hold of him anymore. Being able to use an aftermarket head unit would make things very easy.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was looking at just doing the OEMRadio fix for my base unit, but can't get a hold of him anymore
Join the club. He quit answering my questions too. As long as you have SAE J2534 device you can download and FORscan for free and Ford FMP for $30/ mo. To program the APIM and ACM modules. The harness isn't that hard either.

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Metra kit on ebay
$_3 (1).JPG
Sponsored