Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The Abt electronics website has the 4'' metra kits on sale, just ordered mine with an expected date of February 21st thru the 28th. Still dont what the difference between the metra and scoshe kits are but cant beat the sale price.

http://www.abt.com/product/107908/Metra-Stereo-TurboTouch-Installation-Kit-995838CH.html

[MENTION=9395]mstngracer[/MENTION] Thanks for this, I ordered one to play around with. Did you look at the instructions though? The pic of the bezel looks very different from the publicity pics
Sponsored

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
[MENTION=9395]mstngracer[/MENTION] Thanks for this, I ordered one to play around with. Did you look at the instructions though? The pic of the bezel looks very different from the publicity pics
I did not notice it till now. Hmmm dont really like the way it looks. I liked how it looked in the publicity pics cause it kinda blended in with no humps. Now i dont know if i want it lol. This is going to be tough, it either wait out the supposed 2 week delay to see which one I get or just order the scosche kit.

Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So after looking at the instruction sheets that Hextall sent me I wanted to confirm a few things. The Metra gives you the option of getting rid of Sync, and the Scosche does not? The Metra button colors are configurable, the Scosche are not? For the steering wheel control, the Metra allows you to change function, the Scosche does not? And it looks like both options get rid of the dual-zone climate controls. That's one I'm not 100% on because Metra has another kit that's listed for the 8" screen. Lastly, it looks like the Metra gives you the choice of output for the rear view camera--either the HVAC screen or the headunit, and the Scosche only outputs to the headunit.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I think Metra does the camera that way for people who want to use a single din. Why use a single DIN? Competition, the DEX-P99RS and DEH-P01 are still THE head unit to have for all out SQ.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
which one? can someone post pics?
Metra on the left then Schoshe on the right.

Not sure if it is just the angle for the Metra or what though but it doesn't look that great here at least.
metra.png
schoshe.png

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Based on those pics I prefer the Scosche, especially because I'm going to use a P99RS and then flush mount the display for my Zietronix WT2 either above or below in the space where the CD pocket is supposed to go.
The real issue for me st least is how will all of this stuff look stacked in the dash compared to the factory cluster and PP gauges?????

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the Metra is awful looking, just awful

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Metra on the left then Schoshe on the right.

Not sure if it is just the angle for the Metra or what though but it doesn't look that great here at least.
That is the 1st pic of the Metra unit I have seen. That is not good. Not good at all. Can anyone scare up another pic? Just talked to Metra Tech Support and they said the units are not shipping yet.

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
So I found a pic of the metra in color and with a stereo installed and it actually doesnt look too bad. I think the black and white low quality pic didnt do it justice. Thoughts?
metra kit.png

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think we need to see some non-promo shots that show a clearer picture of the installed product with some different headunits in there.
Sponsored