5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I tapped the blue w/ white stripe wire that feeds the rear camera for remote turn on. That wire is 12V hot in acc mode and running mode. Tapped it where the harness leaves the main car to the trunk lid, but anywhere on that wire, of course if your stuff is in the trunk. If your amp/dsp is up front, do post #6 and I have base electrical diagrams on my media page (I don't have plug pin outs though).
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Hi guys,

I installed the TR-4 and it works just like the factory amp. All is good , except when I open the door, and let saysit inside, and not turn on the car immediately, the splash screen times out and after around 30 seconds, I hear couple of small pops from the speakers, and god forbid if I push the start button within 2sec of hearing the pops, then a loud pop comes out of the speakers. I was wondering if anybody else get these small pops? mostly on turn offs and in the situation that I explained on turn ons? and if so, has anybody found a solution to these pops?

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Was this done on a premium or a base? I have a base model and looking to do the same thing. I already ran remote to blue/ white in the trunk but after installing a different amp for some reason I am no longer getting 12v

Caballoballo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt Premium
Did anybody tried to use a relay? Using the existing 6 volt to trigger the relay thus feeding 12 volts to the remote input on the amplifier. TEMCo Industrial 6V 30/40 Amp Bosch Style S Relay SPDT Automotiv...

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I used- it was simple install. I just tied the power and ground, into the power and ground of the amp wires going in amp, lol. then ran remote turn on wire from car, into this little dongle, and then the exiting remote turn on, went into amp. it also has up to 5 second delay on and off, I get turn on pop without it. but I use 5 second on and 5 second off delay, no pops. but im using accessory 23 wire tap, part of me one day wants to try to hook back onto pin 9 of my cars amp as turn on and see if I removed the delay feature, if I would still get pop.

not sure if pin 9 in amp connector, and fuse 23 turn on and off at same time.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_241IRAD/Wamacr-vtech-IRAD.html

Caballoballo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt Premium
This is what I used- it was simple install. I just tied the power and ground, into the power and ground of the amp wires going in amp, lol. then ran remote turn on wire from car, into this little dongle, and then the exiting remote turn on, went into amp. it also has up to 5 second delay on and off, I get turn on pop without it. but I use 5 second on and 5 second off delay, no pops. but im using accessory 23 wire tap, part of me one day wants to try to hook back onto pin 9 of my cars amp as turn on and see if I removed the delay feature, if I would still get pop.

not sure if pin 9 in amp connector, and fuse 23 turn on and off

not sure if pin 9 in amp connector, and fuse 23 turn on and off at same time.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_241IRAD/Wamacr-vtech-IRAD.html
Interesting. Also there are Amps that do not need a 12v remote signal to turn on, for example kicker amps use DC Offset Turn-On: The DC Offset mode detects a >2.5V DC offset from the HI-Level speaker outputs when the source unit has been turned on.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Also there are Amps that do not need a 12v remote signal to turn on, for example kicker amps use DC Offset Turn-On: The DC Offset mode detects a >2.5V DC offset from the HI-Level speaker outputs when the source unit has been turned on.
Turns on too quick and causes pop, my amp has both low and high level sensing from rcas but with no delay, pop on and off

I wanted a delay, and a toggle to disablesensing, I can pick a toggle that says remote turn on to activate, add delay for me on and off was key

Caballoballo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt Premium
Turns on too quick and causes pop, my amp has both low and high level sensing from rcas but with no delay, pop on and off

I wanted a delay, and a toggle to disablesensing, I can pick a toggle that says remote turn on to activate, add delay for me on and off was key
The Amp I will be mounting to improve the subwoofer punch is a Kicker 46CXA400.1T. It has a 3 second delay for turn-on and turn-off in accordance with crutchfield description. That should take care of pops on and off. Also I'm considering replacing the radio head unit for a kenwood excelon double din in the near soon future.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The Amp I will be mounting to improve the subwoofer punch is a Kicker 46CXA400.1T. It has a 3 second delay for turn-on and turn-off in accordance with crutchfield description. That should take care of pops on and off. Also I'm considering replacing the radio head unit for a kenwood excelon double din in the near soon future.
wish JL had a delay, a lot of amps have a delay. but 5 seconds is what I needed for my set up. I might switch over to the pin 9 and see how it reacts vs the fuse 23 out of boredom. who knows, maybe there's a built in delay in the amp pin 9 turn on wire. (turn on factory sub amp) 6v wire. if I use the upper to 12v with no delay, if it would pop or not dunno but worth checking out one day. takes no time at all

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have no issues with using fuse 23. No popping.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
thatā€™s the amp I just put in my car last weekend, works great!

Caballoballo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt Premium
thatā€™s the amp I just put in my car last weekend, works great!
Great, my it's out for delivery today. Did it work fine without having to install a remote wire? It has a dc offset to feature that sense a >2.5volts at the inputs for turn on. Can you please explain the wiring? Thanks

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Great, my it's out for delivery today. Did it work fine without having to install a remote wire? It has a dc offset to feature that sense a >2.5volts at the inputs for turn on. Can you please explain the wiring? Thanks
yep, works great...no remote needed and no popping, it has a built in delay once it senses the speaker input.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have no issues with using fuse 23. No popping.
Wait I wonder

my harness had a shielding pin, which was plugged into pin 3 on factory Amp, every once in awhile my bass would fade

I removed the stupid hextall shielding pin. And bass seems to be forever going.

Iā€™m gonnabypass the little delay thing later and see if I have pop, I wonderif the shielding pin. Was sending power to the amp and causing inrush surge. Just a theory.

I donā€™t really know what pin 3 on the connector is, but he told me to plug the shielding wire into it.

Unfortunately I canā€™t drive my car anywhere. Damn salt and ice everywhere
Sponsored