Sponsored

Adding power to get 800hp to the wheels...not possible without a ton of mods?

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
My 2cents, a 600whp car will 9 times out of 10 be quicker than a 800whp car on the street. Mine "only" made 754whp and it is useless even with drag radials on the street.
I can vouch for this as well. With the performance pack 3.73 gears and street tires at 35psi, the car gets silly stabbing the gas in any gear above 3500 rpm and under 60-70mph.
Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I found out the hard way that it's easy to make HP numbers but a whole diff ballgame if you intend on really using those numbers at the track. lol. Parts start breaking really fast when you start making a lot of passes.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I found out the hard way that it's easy to make HP numbers but a whole diff ballgame if you intend on really using those numbers at the track. lol. Parts start breaking really fast when you start making a lot of passes.
I've never even dyno'd mine yet. I just tell people it's about 400hp... Give or take 3-400.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
My question would be where did the 800hp number come from? Some guys have specific times they want to run, or they've had a 700hp in the past and want something faster. However I think most guys are just dyno racing on the net. 600rwp is more power than is really usable without good tires and suspension on the road. I was in a Hellcat last night which makes about 640whp and weighs 4500lbs and I can tell you it's plenty fast!

My point is why not start with a 600whp goal? Leave yourself some room to grow on things like the supercharger/injectors etc and upgrade or replace things as needed.

You still need to accept the potential for some carnage but you won't be pushing the limits as much.
I think lots of people chase dyno numbers a little bit, I'm guilty of it too. I would agree though. Start with 600whp and if it's not enough then keep upgrading stuff until it is.

But spoiler alert... It will never be enough. :lol:

Yeah, okay it might not have been WOT, but I am getting better at finding that fine line between spin city and grabbing. Also, really enjoying my 1st set ever of summer performance tires and the warm roads, two weeks ago I swear my traction was about half what it was with the warn out stock a/ts and colder roads. Also, not sure if it's write or wrong but i like leaving all the nannies on, it does help straighten me out for sure when things go haywire. :D
Haha I hear you, I just got my summers back on and on a warm day I was surprised at how well they hooked from a stop.

Just so I understand...would this apply even when hitting the gas at 60mph? Or is that specifically from a stop?

The only time I actually use any power is when I'm already going highway speeds. I've never seen a car, going 60+ that guns it and starts to spin/fishtail on warm/dry pavement.

Thanks
That statistic is ridiculous lol. My car hooks perfectly at 840whp on the street. Maybe not from a dig but it's great from any roll. How many people are out here dig racing on the street?
I agree. I'm over 700whp and I can hook WOT from around 40-60mph. I do have alot of weight in the rear so that helps get traction. Even from a dig traction is surprisingly good, but no WOT of course.

The only time I fishtailed at 60+ was before I upgraded the suspension. BMR CB005 and Steeda diff bushings. Before those the car was a little scary.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That statistic is ridiculous lol. My car hooks perfectly at 840whp on the street. Maybe not from a dig but it's great from any roll. How many people are out here dig racing on the street?
Never seen anyone roll race in person, I do race from a stop at least once a week, whenever someone shows up at the right stops with me. It actually happens quite often around here. So there are still guys that do it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bharmsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
With the whipple gen3 3.75 pulley and e85 on a superflow dyno I made 790/620

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Never seen anyone roll race in person, I do race from a stop at least once a week, whenever someone shows up at the right stops with me. It actually happens quite often around here. So there are still guys that do it.
Depends on the local culture. Houston is very roll race-ey. Usually 100 mile rule when racing someone serious (i.e. not intake / exhaust civic kid), add 100mph to starting speed before you can claim you won. Meaning if you start at 60 you're going to 160, if you start from 40 you're going to 140, etc... This keeps people from inching on a gear change and slamming the brakes 1/8th of a mile into a race and claiming victory. +100mph is a good way to really stretch the race and see who gets ahead, usually a good gap forms. I really don't do this stuff anymore though, too dangerous and I'm not a dumb 22 year old anymore. Plus the adrenaline rush on the track is so much above and beyond what you can get on the street if you do it right. If you think a quick rip through gears is exhilarating try an hour around a road course with a few long straights and some nice tight turns =]. The first time you do it the helmet fire will be REAL.
Sponsored