Active Exhaust opinions

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Probably a moot point in asking since I ordered my '18 GT 'vert with the option and the car is currently in production.

But I'm curious never the less. YouTube vids are worthless because of all the audio variables. What are your 'real world' opinions?
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It’s a must have option in my opinion.

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Easy top two option I added

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
The 2018 that I drove (very short test drive) had Active Valve Exhaust. It sounded just right in normal setting to me. Do cars without AVE sound like Active Exhaust in normal setting? I have changed the exhaust on my past 3 Mustangs, so the car I have ordered has Active Valve Exhaust. $895 won't go far when changing exhaust. I also like the fact that I can change it anytime I want.
Lee

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Wouldn't have bought one without it. Two options I had to have were Magneride and active valve exhaust.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
The only reason I did not get it was because you had to buy a premium to even get it. I did not want all the bells and whistles because I don't need them and wanted the car as light as possible for some drag racing/grudge match fun with my friends. Buy the time you add everything you have to to get it you end up from 32k to 37-40k easy (after any discounts, etc). That being said it is an awesome feature since it will allow choices. I will say though the non active exhaust is just about perfect for decent tone and not too quiet, not too loud. If your car is a daily and you want some sound without pissing off the neighbors the non active is just about perfect.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
The 2018 that I drove (very short test drive) had Active Valve Exhaust. It sounded just right in normal setting to me. Do cars without AVE sound like Active Exhaust in normal setting? I have changed the exhaust on my past 3 Mustangs, so the car I have ordered has Active Valve Exhaust. $895 won't go far when changing exhaust. I also like the fact that I can change it anytime I want.
Lee
And right there is the reason I ordered the active exhaust also Lee. :cheers:

Jim

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
After a week playing around with the exhaust settings, it's a must!
Today I went to the easter brunch with my wife, and it was so nice in the quiet mode!
Everything was so nice, the ride, the sound
then when I want the nice V8 sound, just put in sport or track!
Best $800 option!

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
I’ll be the different one I guess. I didn’t get it. Don’t plan on ever using quiet mode (it’s not my daily driver) and plan on doing a full and loud exhaust. Just seemed like something I didn’t need.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I have it on mine and love it. I put Borla ATAK on my last two and have no desire to change the active exhaust. I have it programmed to start in quiet mode in morning to not wake the family and have track exhaust set up in my mode so I just flip the switch up one as I get down the road and let her roar. Plenty loud for me.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have it on mine and love it. I put Borla ATAK on my last two and have no desire to change the active exhaust. I have it programmed to start in quiet mode in morning to not wake the family and have track exhaust set up in my mode so I just flip the switch up one as I get down the road and let her roar. Plenty loud for me.
Have you had any issues with the butterfly rattling in the exhaust? I know that was a common problem with the Camaro.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I rode in a GT Vert extensively in Jan and it sounded wicked. Way better with a droptop. I'll post a vid if I can find it

Edit: here's a link, sound on the shit camera phone is muffled, it's loud in person:

Sounds DIRTY

Last edited:

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I run in Track Mode almost all of the time. However, wifey likes it quiet so for her it is Quiet Mode. Good option as far as I am concerned.

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
I heard in person it’s not loud enough for me.
If you plan to change your exhaust later on don’t waste of your money getting it.

OP
OP

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I rode in a GT Vert extensively in Jan and it sounded wicked. Way better with a droptop. I'll post a vid if I can find it

Edit: here's a link, sound on the shit camera phone is muffled, it's loud in person:

Sounds DIRTY
Sounds good. The consensus seems to be thumbs up.

My '14 GT 'vert has 2011 GT500 axle backs and I love the rumble....deep and throaty and just loud enough to let you know something's coming down the road. I get a lot of compliments on it's sound.

My incoming '18 GT 'vert will remain pretty much unmolested except for a few minor cosmetic items. I'm glad I won't have to mess with the exhaust.
Sponsored