slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I have had my car for 5 days now and I'm reading the manual tonight and I noticed that the manual states there should be a button on the steering wheel to change the active dampers. I looked but my wheel doesn't have it. I ordered Magneride and my window sticker has it. Anyone have this button?

magneride.jpg
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Bravo for reading the manual.

What trim level do you have on your car - base or premium? Premium has the 4 paddle switches on the center console, the right-most of which cycles through the drive mode (the 4 modes they are talking about in the manual).

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Bravo for reading the manual.

What trim level do you have on your car - base or premium? Premium has the 4 paddle switches on the center console, the right-most of which cycles through the drive mode (the 4 modes they are talking about in the manual).
I am a 2019 Premium GT. Okay sometimes I would like to change the suspension without changing the full mode.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Ah, ok, I don't have magneride, so there's something extra you can control that I don't have experience with. I can control steering wheel feedback (third toggle) and exhaust mode (pony button) independent of drive mode, but you've also got suspension that I don't know about.

Edit: I downloaded the 2019 manual (http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2018.pdf) and I don't see the reference you're showing. Where is your manual from, and what page?

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm I did not know that it is possible to select different damping mode when being in normal and sport I would love to though

I can only select the driving mode and the damping adheres to that mode. Did not know or think it is possible to have normal mode one steering, exhaust and sport on damping.

I have Magneride and I don't have a button for "adaptive dampers"

Where did you get the manual from? @slowrey

Okay so I have had my car for 5 days now and I'm reading the manual tonight and I noticed that the manual states there should be a button on the steering wheel to change the active dampers. I looked but my wheel doesn't have it. I ordered Magneride and my window sticker has it. Anyone have this button?

magneride.jpg

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

magneride.jpg
Do you have the 401a option?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
This note is in Ver 2 of the manual but not Ver 1. My GT was built in February and I don't recall seeing a steering wheel selection for Magneride.

kwbasshamjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1, '16 F150 XLT 4WD 5.0
I believe you can de-couple all those settings using MyMode

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I believe you can de-couple all those settings using MyMode
You can decouple most. You cannot, however, decouple the throttle sensitivity setting from the suspension setting.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

magneride.jpg
My guess is that it is an error in the manual. The GT350's have that setup/steering wheel layout. If you go to the online manual for the GT350 it shows the wheel layout shown in your manual which is different from what your car has or what previous GT manuals show. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html?gnav=header-owner

Edit: I've corrected the original version of this post to say what I really meant. Duh

Last edited:

Sponsored

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
The steering wheel has a button set on the left. Press the left arrow, them go to "Settings," and select quiet - normal - sport- track - ice and snow - and another one I can't remember. It's seems to be the same function selector as the toggle button on the center console. Not sure how to de-couple anything.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Not sure how to de-couple anything.
You do it by picking a drive mode, then change the exhaust or steering setting via the "Pony" button. You can then save it as "My Mode" if you wish.

kwbasshamjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1, '16 F150 XLT 4WD 5.0

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I believe that is only for non-Performance Pack cars. On my car I seem to only be able to change the exhaust and steering independently. Not sure why setting suspension alone isn't an option.

I think the closest you can get to toggling the suspension by itself is going to My Mode and set the Mode you want(Normal, s+, track) then set the exhaust and steering you want.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I believe that is only for non-Performance Pack cars. On my car I seem to only be able to change the exhaust and steering independently. Not sure why setting suspension alone isn't an option.

I think the closest you can get to toggling the suspension by itself is going to My Mode and set the Mode you want(Normal, s+, track) then set the exhaust and steering you want.
If you have Magnaride you can't change the steering mode while in Sport or Track.
Sponsored