OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Than
I would have to say the experience is more than you've anticipated.

On the streets/highway the GT500 will not feel that much different from a firm-planted Mustang. It feels light and nimble and comfortable on the road... it is the modulation between the pedal and the tarmac that makes this car so different. It is the instantaneous acceleration at any speeds, as you dip your foot into the throttle. So precise and acute... it makes playing with the car, fun.

You can step the backend out on the highway if you want to... and that is plenty of torque for nearly anyone. There mere fact the GT500 gave such confidence made it all the more desirable, and felt at ease when driving with all the nannies turned back on. There is something altogether different going on with the suspension though. Remarkable!

Or so I am told... :bandit:
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and thoughts.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yolo: BION, ONE day, "likes" won't mean a thing. Fact is, they don't now but no one knows it yet. :-) Anyway, I gave you one just cuz I'm a nice guy. <bigger grin>

Sponsored

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Yolo: BION, ONE day, "likes" won't mean a thing. Fact is, they don't now but no one knows it yet. :-) Anyway, I gave you one just cuz I'm a nice guy. <bigger grin>
lol thank you, I'm entirely kidding tho. The only feelings i have are 'hungry' and 'sleepy' but you're a doll. smooches.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
There is no reason to take the traction control off when driving it on the streets. I definately wouldin't take such a high powered car out in the rain either.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Easy does it, you'll be fine if you gradually explore the car's capabilities.

My previous GT500 was a mere ~540 at the tires. With the traction control off it was child's play to drift the thing on dry pavement on street rubber. I thought it was a hoot, my unsuspecting passengers rarely did.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Stroker: When i was a rookie civilian pilot, I would do something similar but in an aircraft. Those passengers didn't like it any more than yours. :-) Dumb and stupid was I, Yoda.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
My advice would be really Learn the car and learn how to roll into the throttle as you get more comfortable you’ll really know how quickly you can roll into WOT. Also I think with this being a DCT you guys well be pleasantly surprised with LC. With a TC auto LC is basically the same as brake pressure launching. With the DCT id think it’d rev up to a higher launch rpm (4-4500k) then it’ll slip the clutches and should provide superior low speed traction.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
As others have said, just be mindful of the power. I had a 11 GT500 that made 720RWHP. I live in a warm climate, but when the temps dropped to 50, the car could get squirmy quickly out back. Just remember with 600+ TQ coming on at 3k or so, things can get out of hand before you know it. Just drive and accelerate when you feel comfortable with the road and car. Ease in and get a feel and by all means, RESPECT the power.

Even after you learn the car, so will still need to remain vigilant of the conditions and power. This new GT500 will be putting the ponies down in a hurry. It's going to be a fun ride for sure. Just as I said, RESPECT the power.
Starting to wonder what I’m going to do with a car that can spin the tires a 60 mph
This thing sounds insane I’m glad mine isn’t scheduled till Spring, give me some time to adapt in warmer weather. I’ve watched plenty of you tube of fast expensive cars swapping ends.

Going to miss my 2016 Track Pack

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Starting to wonder what I’m going to do with a car that can spin the tires a 60 mph
This thing sounds insane I’m glad mine isn’t scheduled till Spring, give me some time to adapt in warmer weather. I’ve watched plenty of you tube of fast expensive cars swapping ends.

Going to miss my 2016 Track Pack
Get some nitto nt555r's
my 18 e85 tuned a10 gt can spin street tires up to 70 with 295 or 315s in drag mode on most surfaces in 90* weather , but I love that, and stability control saves you. Sport mode delays the shifts a bit but still busts them loose easily on most surfaces through 2nd. Just learn the car and keep stability control on thats all I know for sure from experience. Spinning is fun until you crash because stability control was off.

The 315/35/20 220 treadware rear tires in my avatar are now literally a planter with an olive tree planted in them after 5k miles of spinning lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: