AC stretch belt help please

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Put on a new ac stretch belt. Followed the shop manual to the T, but after slipping the belt on, it is seated perfect on the crank pully but off a rib on the compressor pully. Is there a way to readjust the belt one rib over on the compressor pully or do i need to cut the belt and redo? thanks in advance
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You'll have to apply side pressure and lift under the belt on the compressor while rotating the crank bolt. It can be a pain, but can be done with 2 people and a screw driver shaft usually.

Think of it as an old bicycle chain.

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Why can't you release some pressure from the tensioner and position it how you want?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Why can't you release some pressure from the tensioner and position it how you want?
There is no tensioner for the AC compressor stretch belt. It's a stretch over install.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I literally just did this as well and had the same issue. I just kept turning the motor over and it slowly worked itself onto the Compressor. I also used a screw driver to give it some gentle side pressure as well. What a pita these stretch bels are though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got it guys, thanks a ton! Used the old stretch belt, slid it over the new belt and held cross tension as the old belt went around the ac pully between the new belt and pully

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
The stretch belt is one of those things that takes a few times to really get the hang of. Do it a couple more times and you will be able to replace it in 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Jessealanc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt s550
does the lisle tool work on the coyote? there a very small space on the backside of the crank pully so it seems that u wouldnt be able to fit the tool behind there.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
does the lisle tool work on the coyote? there a very small space on the backside of the crank pully so it seems that u wouldnt be able to fit the tool behind there.
No, it didn't work for me on the AC side. I can't remember if I tried it on the crank pulley, but I have an ATI balancer. I forgot about this post and I should have deleted my recommendation. I bought the tool and didn't need to try it out for months, then when I went to use it, I couldn't make it work.
Sponsored