OP

Lemien

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
If it’s unibody why it has another frame under?
sorry for stupid question because of my ignorance

1FA94487-963B-4CD0-8002-B645E8F08CD1.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That image is showing aftermarket add-on equipment. The blue stuff looks like OE 69 and the white looks like something you might buy for big bucks.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Mustangs have always been unibody. Every generation from the 64.5 all the way to our S-550's.

OP
OP

Lemien

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Thank you very much guys!

OP
OP

Lemien

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Guys another question.
Hack said it’s aftermarket chassis strengthen thing.
can I make it by my self instead just buying it for 18,000 bucks

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you want to drive the car, early Mustang stock suspension (especially the front) is completely terrible.

But I would just buy something from TCP, Griggs or Ridetech for the front and leave the rear suspension alone. Maybe if you really want to mistreat the car add in some subframe connectors. You can get by with cheap disc brakes in the front and stock drums out back. If you want to lower the rear either rebuild or buy specific leaf springs for that. I wouldn't bother with a conversion to a fancy multilink setup in the rear.

My answer is no you don't have to spend that much, but it's going to be expensive. FIgure out what you want and add everything up before you start. Decide if you really want to go down that road.

But I would also encourage you to make a cruiser. Don't try to build it into a race car. I think that will cost way too much money. Use a modern car for track days, not a classic.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
If you want to drive the car, early Mustang stock suspension (especially the front) is completely terrible.

But I would just buy something from TCP, Griggs or Ridetech for the front and leave the rear suspension alone. Maybe if you really want to mistreat the car add in some subframe connectors. You can get by with cheap disc brakes in the front and stock drums out back. If you want to lower the rear either rebuild or buy specific leaf springs for that. I wouldn't bother with a conversion to a fancy multilink setup in the rear.

My answer is no you don't have to spend that much, but it's going to be expensive. FIgure out what you want and add everything up before you start. Decide if you really want to go down that road.

But I would also encourage you to make a cruiser. Don't try to build it into a race car. I think that will cost way too much money. Use a modern car for track days, not a classic.
Yup. Classic cars cost a ton to make into a racer that keep pace with the other built classic cars turning into racers.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Or leave it stockish and get a feel for what we old timers had to drive when we were young.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Or leave it stockish and get a feel for what we old timers had to drive when we were young.
I drove my 86 bronco for the first time in about 2 months today after driving only my bike and my 2022 mach 1.

lol. steering? what? road noise? body roll? I mean, I know a bronco is not a mustang, but from newer trucks, and older cars....the diff is absolutely amazing.
Sponsored