A10 weirdness with new Mach 1

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Dealers will usually put off checking fluid until after the learning period because it’s a pain to do. 10k though is way too long. If you are exhibiting symptoms I would bring it in after the official 1k break in period and insist they check the level.
How can you be sure they are checking the fluid though? With as much of a pain in the ass that job is with having to drive it until it gets up to temp, and check it while it's hot and running, what's to say the dealer just says "ya we checked it, it was fine"
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How can you be sure they are checking the fluid though? With as much of a pain in the ass that job is with having to drive it until it gets up to temp, and check it while it's hot and running, what's to say the dealer just says "ya we checked it, it was fine"
You either trust your dealer or you don’t. If you’re not sure, find another dealer. I’ve also found donuts and coffee work well. 👍

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
You either trust your dealer or you don’t. If you’re not sure, find another dealer. I’ve also found donuts and coffee work well. 👍
Lol you just leave em in the car?

And I don't trust any dealer haha

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve also found donuts and coffee work well. 👍
Yeah, I bet they really love donuts when servicing a Mustang …

They might appreciate some to eat too … :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
You either say you would like to see it while they are performing the check in the shop. Or you have them physically bring you the dip stick. When my dealer performed mine they actually brought it out to me without asking. If they refuse to both of these then take it somewhere else. Do NOT let them show you a picture.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
ya ill have to do that. dealers around me are dicks though so that sucks. Oddly enough this 1-2 lag issue seems to happen more when the trans is over 150 degrees. everyone else seems to have issues when its cold but mine shifts fine cold.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
You either say you would like to see it while they are performing the check in the shop. Or you have them physically bring you the dip stick. When my dealer performed mine they actually brought it out to me without asking. If they refuse to both of these then take it somewhere else. Do NOT let them show you a picture.
No dip stick for them to show you.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
its a little one in the case, but its still a dipstick.

that being said, if damn near contemplated cutting a hole in the passenger side trans tunnel to reach the damn thing lol. Ford really seemed to have fucked themselves by both not adding a real dipstick, and shipping them with low fluid.

Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
There is absolutely a dip stick. It's just attached to the fill cap. If there wasn't a dipstick how would anyone verify the level is correct?!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
There is absolutely a dip stick. It's just attached to the fill cap. If there wasn't a dipstick how would anyone verify the level is correct?!
Not sure about your application then but ones without dipsticks have to be filled at a certain temperature until it come out overflow.

Edit, we are talking automatic transmissions.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Jasper. Bought the car in Athens. 4 hour round trip.
How is Missoura deep south? And what's wrong with 6 Ford dealers inside 50 miles of you?

I forget which trans it was but one of them you had to bend a straw and see if the tip got wet because the correct level was like 10mm below the fill. That why God invented sight glass. Freaking numskull engineers! Where does Detroit find these tards.

Last edited:

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Ended up swinging by the auto shop that does my inspections and other small work I don't want to do and had them check it and it was a quart low. They are good dudes, even took me into the garage under the lift and showed me the dipstick. It was just under the 5. They added a quart and it was right on the 4 mark. So far not having the weird issues but it's only a couple miles from my house so not a great test. We were shooting the shit about how many of these have been 1-2 quarts low. One of the mechanics worked at the Chevy dealer and he said even the new C8s are shipping 2qt low. So I guess it's not just Ford.

They took pictures of everything and printed out the dipstick part of Ford's manual and showed everything in detail. Even took a pic of the jug of oil showing it was the right fluid and done to the letter of the Ford spec. They told me I should try to get reimbursed by Ford for the work. I didn't even know that was a thing and if it is, I don't know how to even start that.

My local dealer was backed up 2 months on appts for anything transmission related. So I guess that goes to show how many Ford's have transmission problems. It's pretty ridiculous. I really want to throw a centri on it but now I'm just like... What if the trans was damaged. If it goes with a blower on it the dealer will just say, well of course it's because of boost...

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
How is Missoura deep south? And what's wrong with 6 Ford dealers inside 50 miles of you?

I forget which trans it was but one of them you had to bend a straw and see if the tip got wet because the correct level was like 10mm below the fill. That why God invented sight glass. Freaking numskull engineers! Where does Detroit find these tards.
You may be confused.

I neither know what Missoura is nor live there.
Sponsored