Sponsored

A10 transmission: Any difference between S mode and S+ mode?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
If you want the trans to shift automatically then shifter in S or dash in S+ mode. If you want to paddle shift, then drag strip mode. Also try it with traction control off and/or advance trac off. Some cars launch without much wheel hop some do not depending on track conditions and grip.

BD

Last edited:
OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
It seemed to me it shifts the same in Sport+ and S, the difference being exclusive paddle shifting in S if they are used once, while it reverts to automatic in Sport+ after a while. But gotta do more testing over season.

I see it as 3 combinations:
Normal + S = normal steering and suspension with responsive transmission, full manual paddle shifters control possible
Sport+ + D = responsive steering, firmer suspension and automatic responsive transmission
Sport+ + S = responsive steering, firmer suspension with responsive transmission, full manual paddle shifters control possible
Ford should have hired you to write the manual, which is totally vague

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Put shifter in S position and use paddles to shift to 2nd gear and it should start in 2nd. Does not work in D position.

BD
Car also needs to be at a dead stop to use paddles for 2nd gear take offs, if your moving forward in first gear at very low speed the transmission wont allow 2nd gear to be selected.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
This exactly lol. I have a 21 mach 1 and an 18 m3. In the bmw you can change throttle response, suspension, and steering all independently. I could not believe this wasn't an option in the mach 1
The insanity is that the GT500 and GT350 had it I believe so it was an intentional decision to exclude it. ???!!?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Why they left off a suspension selection button on this car baffles me. I would really like to have sport suspension without sport + throttle mapping at times.
[/QUOTE
Me too

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
I believe there's also a long-hold trick with the paddles that will put it back in auto, but I don't recall the detail right now. Happy to hear from others who recall it.
holding the up paddle in will put in D. You have to hold it for a couple of seconds.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
It seemed to me it shifts the same in Sport+ and S, the difference being exclusive paddle shifting in S if they are used once, while it reverts to automatic in Sport+ after a while. But gotta do more testing over season.

I see it as 3 combinations:
Normal + S = normal steering and suspension with responsive transmission, full manual paddle shifters control possible
Sport+ + D = responsive steering, firmer suspension and automatic responsive transmission
Sport+ + S = responsive steering, firmer suspension with responsive transmission, full manual paddle shifters control possible
I haven’t tested but I would go as far to say you should theoretically be able to use any mode and have the shifter in Sport if you wanted track/drag/sport/normal suspension and steering with the sport transmission responsiveness/feel. Might try it out to confirm next week when it’s nice out unless you get a chance to before me.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I haven’t tested but I would go as far to say you should theoretically be able to use any mode and have the shifter in Sport if you wanted track/drag/sport/normal suspension and steering with the sport transmission responsiveness/feel. Might try it out to confirm next week when it’s nice out unless you get a chance to before me.
You are correct that you can have shifter in D or S when in any track mode, the only real difference is in normal and S+ modes if you use paddles to shift it with the shifter in S it will not revert back to auto shift unless you hold UP paddle for 3 seconds or so. In track and drag modes it is paddle shift only if I am not mistaken.

I have not used track or drag modes enough to be 100% sure, but when I did use them, I was paddle shifting so never attempted to see if it would auto shift.

BD
Sponsored