Sponsored

A dummy needs help with alignment specs

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Just installed steeda dual rate springs (3/4 inch drop) and now its alignment time. I never had a mustang aligned nor do I have the slightest clue about it. Dont know if the stock specs are fine for what I want out of it or if someone can throw me some more dialed in specs for what I use it for.

It's a DD that will see 1 or 2 track events per year. Mostly highway driving and short trips around the pothole ridden chicago. All I'm looking for is close to even tire wear and it to drive straight and true. I do drive it like I stole it 80% of my DDing. Hard on corners and highway ramps.

Side question I just ordered new rubber(indy 500) that are the same size as my bald pzeros. Should I have the new rubber installed before the alignment or it doesn't really matter since they're the same size.

Thanks for helping this dummy out
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just installed steeda dual rate springs (3/4 inch drop) and now its alignment time. I never had a mustang aligned nor do I have the slightest clue about it. Dont know if the stock specs are fine for what I want out of it or if someone can throw me some more dialed in specs for what I use it for.

It's a DD that will see 1 or 2 track events per year. Mostly highway driving and short trips around the pothole ridden chicago. All I'm looking for is close to even tire wear and it to drive straight and true. I do drive it like I stole it 80% of my DDing. Hard on corners and highway ramps.

Side question I just ordered new rubber(indy 500) that are the same size as my bald pzeros. Should I have the new rubber installed before the alignment or it doesn't really matter since they're the same size.

Thanks for helping this dummy out
Have new rubber installed before aligning it. Do a search for alignment specs. You probably won't have to go very far to find them. Just the first page or two of the suspension forum probably.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I just did dual rates and love them. I also have camber plates. For your setup. -2° front camber or as close as you can get it if you can't do that much. -1.6° rear camber. 1/16 total toe front and 1/16 total toe rear. Thrust angle 0

This set up makes every turn so much fun

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Search for posts by BmacIL he’s posted alignment specs a lot

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Search for posts by BmacIL he’s posted alignment specs a lot
This ↑↑↑

But for a little more information, -2° camber on a strut front suspension sounds about right for the way ChiTown described his overall driving.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was overtly trying to get is take with this thread and point me in the right direction lol. I've seen him helping other people with specs but didnt know if I should follow suit in the advice he was giving to others that might want something different than what I'm after. I will go back and dig up some old threads but in the mean time... shout out to @BmacIL :fingerscrossed:

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I was overtly trying to get is take with this thread and point me in the right direction lol. I've seen him helping other people with specs but didnt know if I should follow suit in the advice he was giving to others that might want something different than what I'm after. I will go back and dig up some old threads but in the mean time... shout out to @BmacIL :fingerscrossed:
Does steeda offer customer support via phone or email?

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jetnoise cheeky :clap:

In all seriousness I actually didnt think about that one so you got me, I'll probably give them a call tomorrow thanks lol. My go to for all suspension knowledge first is usually bmacil and norm.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Call & ask for Rodney - he will get you "aligned" :)

1-800 950 0774.

Thank you!
TJ

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
You’ll want Kelly’s BMR S550 Street Performance Alignment Spec.
It flat out works !!!

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Where does one obtain such knowledge. Is there a post or should I DM
It's in the neighborhood of this:

Front camber: -1.5
Rear camber: -1.25
Front toe: 0.00-0.05 per side
Rear toe: 0.10-0.12 per side (if you have FP toe-knuckle bearing and after market toe links maybe more like 0.10 per side)
Thrust angle: 0.00

That's pretty close to the BMR specs without having it in front of me. If you want to be a bit more aggressive, add about -0.2 or -0.3 camber to those specs.
Sponsored