OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
A quick up date on my trans swap. I have been stupid busy doing a home renovation project so the Mustang work has had to play second fiddle. I got the trans installed the biggest pain and it really wasn't that hard was the wiring. You have to add a conversion box and box has to be inside the car and the wires have to be spliced into the harness and some wires have to be shortened and an end changed. I drilled a hole through the tunnel on the passenger side of the tunnel at about the middle height wise and roughly where the sifter is. The conversion box sits under the snap on panel so if you need to get to it to change the conversion factor to dial in the speedometer reading you can. Mine was spot on with the factor they recommend according to my GPS in my radar detector. The gear ratios are much more to my liking. First is higher so with the RXT clutch it takes some judicious foot work but once rolling the car is just more pleasant to drive and I find my self in third and forth most of the time had it in fifth a few times haven't had it on the freeway to engage sixth it is that much over overdrive that you'll seldom use it. The RXT clutch is a bit more critical of your driving than the stock one but feels fine and I'll get used to it. No issues at all with the driveshaft balance not that I'd expect any with this setup and I haven't driven it that fast yet just too busy. So no pictures just lucky to have the car back on the road.

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Mr. 908ssp, love your build. I'm a big fan of the looks of that Street Scene spoiler but I've heard a lot of bad news about it warping. Is yours still holding up alright? Any issues?

Sponsored

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
This is awesome !!!!! You did an amazing work great job!! I can't wait to get my kit installed I'm slowly buying parts for it I do have the blower already bought it locally

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Got it out of storage a week ago. Changed the oil did a bit of driving. Making a few cosmetic changes you will see soon. Modified the tensioner setup for more belt clearance and shorter belt, both good improvements which will see when production gets under way. Still waiting for Bilsteins man they are taking their sweet time.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Looks good. I like the break in the red along the edge. Vinyl or paint?