Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Well, I still think the S650 will function more as a place holder until either the hybrid or fully electric unit is ready for launch. I would enjoy be surprised if this is not the case, but with the mother ship being so focused on going "E", I can't help think otherwise.
Sponsored

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
If they get a couple hundred pounds out of the car without making it a mess in some other way, it would be very appealing to me.

Probably the halo version Boss 429 or Cobra something or whatever Ford decides to do next - the halo will look good. It will be really hard to lay your hands on and will cost a LOT, but it will look good.

There are a lot of other options I would go for before I'd buy electric. I mean - I like Fords and I've owned a ton of them, but I'm not THAT brand loyal. My wife still gives me crap about my Toyota, but I really like it. Since Ford decided to stop making cars, it's not like they even are trying to compete.
I know...I found myself recommending the new Corolla GR to my son recently...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
No matter how the S650 turns out, I honestly don't see myself buying another Mustang. No complaints but priorities change.
Next car purchase will either be more family oriented or even more track oriented so sporty 4 door or Miata/BRZ/Corvette/Cayman

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I'm not sure everyone here agrees on what it means for a car to look "aggressive" or have a "musclecar look", but I didn't buy my Mustang for either of those things.

I wanted a sporty car with good handling and highway gears, and the Mustang has turned into that.

Looks like a truck front end to me. I remember really hating the S550 front end when it debuted, and the S197 before that. I ended up really loving both of those eventually, so I’m sure the S650 will be no different.
Same here. I sure don't want a truck-like front on a Mustang, but seeing as Ford has an easy time selling trucks and a hard time selling cars, I can (unfortunately) see why they'd go that direction.

I really hated the S197 when it first came out. It seemed like the chassis had its virtues but the styling department seemed to be saying "F U for asking about 'aerodynamics'."
The S197 finally looked good when I saw the 2013 Boss.

I was eager to see the S550 Mustang when I thought it would look like this:
2015 mustang concept rendered car-and-driver photo-477960.jpg

2015 Mustang concept rendering 01.PNG

...Ford styling cues on a swoopy Aston Martin profile. It seemed like something Ford might realistically do, since they had recently owned Aston Martin.

When the S550 came out for real and I saw the blunt front end, I was like NOPE.

As for aerodynamics, Ford didn't want to tell us the coefficient of drag, and that seems like evidence that Ford knew it would look like pretty bad among 21st century cars. Instead, they tried to distract us with that wind tunnel video about the hood vents.

A couple of years later we saw the difference in the GT350 and I was like
DO WANT NOW

Well, thank you to chazcron, for this rendering. It certainly gives us a lot to talk about, and he has helped us manage expectations.
...And if someone from Ford was paying attention to us current owners and potential buyers here (which I doubt) they might find valuable feedback on how the first facelift should go.

It sure looks like most of us don't want a fat-ass Mustang with Charger bulk or an F-150 nose.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium

bombom_504

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2022 gt (coming)
What a beauty!! And already hit the auto spa, I see — love it lol 👏
YOU KNOW IT😂 went the next day after purchase to get the 5yr ceramic coat w/ 45% tint front windshield and rest 5%.. since it’s a special color i’m doing my due diligence and trying to protect paint as much as possible

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
If it was like this, I’d order one…..

37ADD21C-2BC6-4155-8434-22E4569D3A99.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

You Can . . . If You Have The Green!

Comparing Zero to 60 Designs’ work on the S550 Mustang GT is the equivalent of what we think the Mustang would have looked like if Fordcommissioned some of the greatest Italian coachbuilders to style it. What makes the Mustang GTT even more special is that the California-based tuner has planned to build only 250 examples of the Mustang GTT, with each costing between $120,000 and $150,000, depending on options, and yes, that includes the Mustang GT donor car. It’s also a lot less expensive than a Ford GT, which starts at $500,000.

Last edited:

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
I couldn't've put it better myself: they need to look mean! They're the longest lasting cars in production history: they run these streets! 💪 They scream 'Murica!

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dry sump and a lower hood line would also be cool. Like a 4 seater Corvette/Viper. Might not be possible being DOHC but a dry sump should get it a couple inches lower.

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Looks like shit. How's that for being blunt.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Dry sump and a lower hood line would also be cool. Like a 4 seater Corvette/Viper. Might not be possible being DOHC but a dry sump should get it a couple inches lower.
Don't Mustangs go around the track just fine without a dry sump system?
Or do you want it so the engine and hood can go lower? 'Cause I'd be down with that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
depends on your definition of "just fine". Seems there's been a few complications on that front at least in the early days. But I bought a GT500 oil pan and oil pump and pickup for a reason...

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or do you want it so the engine and hood can go lower? 'Cause I'd be down with that.
I mean there are clear oiling advantages to a dry sump system but in this case, just to get the hood/engine lower to the ground.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The digital artist is clearly talented. The subject matter is just meh though.

Much like others have eluded to, my next purchase might be more upstream in terms of performance.

However, as the saying goes… opinions are like….
Sponsored