Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
Alright so I don't use apple carplay and really only care about the driving experience. I like base models. I literally only wanted the 301A package because it had the tottle switches but after doing some looking the modes apparently lock out steering changes. so like if you want sport but comfort steering your SOL on a 301A car.

I'll be getting a 6spd so aside from sync 3 and a better stereo what are the actual benefits of the 301A package? like, if it makes it super easy to throw in a digital dash later, that might be cool, but i like the
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Really just the modes and the bigger touch screen with the extra features. And you get my color ambient lighting if you're into that. I didn't care about any of that so I was happy with the 300A. Although I believe it's actually kinda tough to find a 300A right now unless you order one. They were always a little less common, but now with the supply bottlenecks I suspect they're an even smaller piece of the pie for margin reasons.

Also, IMO the modes don't do that much for the manual cars, it's basically just throttle sensitivity adjustments.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
The larger screen makes the reserve camera a lot easier to use. But I suppose if you retro fit something else that could fix that problem.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
But I suppose if you retro fit something else that could fix that problem.
Might as well spend the $700 on the 301A package if you're going to do all that just for the backup camera.

like if you want sport but comfort steering your SOL on a 301A car
That's not true, I run comfort steering on Sport, Sport+ and Track all the time. Changing the mode does not affect what my steering feel is, even after shutting the car off and starting it up again...it just keeps it in comfort.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
The Sync touchscreen is invaluable for using maps. Now I am using it for mirroring my phone to it so I can use Torque Pro for example. Or for using Carstream for listening to endless Youtube noodeling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
  • Banned
does anybody know if the track mode is really just a much more relaxed abs/traction control settings or something without turning them totally off? i mean cause if thats true then i can see value in it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
As someone who has a Base 300a car, I would get the 301a package.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might as well spend the $700 on the 301A package if you're going to do all that just for the backup camera.

That's not true, I run comfort steering on Sport, Sport+ and Track all the time. Changing the mode does not affect what my steering feel is, even after shutting the car off and starting it up again...it just keeps it in comfort.
This

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
track mode is really just a much more relaxed abs/traction control settings or something without turning them totally off?
I believe it keeps traction on at a lesser degree and turns advancetrac off or something to that affect. Basically it just reduces the nannies but doesn't turn them off completely which as you mentioned can be helpful. You can still turn those completely off manually if you choose to.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I'm a base model kind of guy too, the wife's car is decked out though. I have a 2019 6 300 PP with the security system as the only option and I love it.
As a mechanic I like not having more electronics than necessary.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 300a car but it now has Katzkins, 8" screen conversion, leather center console and premium door panels. I really didn't have a choice though, there just wasn't nothing available and to order back in April 2020 was a non starter. I wanted a PP1 car with 6MT, nothing available but the 300a cars.

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
301A is a no brainer, gives a lot except leather seats w heating and cooling

got for it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've simultaneously owned mustangs with and without the big screen. I did not find the screen compelling. I've been sitting on the upgrade parts for over a year to boot.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yea totally agree. I also don`t like the look of a aftermarket setup and of course the stock one is warranty covered.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Also, IMO the modes don't do that much for the manual cars, it's basically just throttle sensitivity adjustments.
Not entirely true.
Normal to sport+ changes much of nothing but throttle response yes.

Track will change throttle and nannie characteristics.

And Drag will apply 100% of TQ to the rear wheels by blocking most of the nannies and optimizing launch characteristics.

Snow/wet will have nannies at 100% will greatly reduce throttle and also kill much of the TQ to the rear.

The modes will also affect launch rpm and launch control.

Lastly If you have magneride and active exhaust the modes affect those as well. Track mode will stiffen the ride. Drag mode will soften the rear
Sponsored