6 speeds and 301A... why?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
You could go 300A with a throttle controller it would likely be about the same on a manual. On the auto drive modes really do a lot for the car though as it also changes the trans settings. No problem changing steering feel in any mode on a 301A car as noted above. You just have to do it after selecting a drive mode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
its $2500 not 700, guys.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
do you have to do any software stuff? I heard ya did.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You know whats cool is even if you don't have active exhaust switching the modes to Sport+, Track or Drag it does change the tone of the exhaust. Particularly the pops and such. I think this has to do with the faster throttle body opening.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's $700'ish if you buy the Ford parts after the fact on Ebay etc. $2500 from Ford is FBI-level extortion.

Agreed, I paid only $350 for mine, yanked it out of a wrecked 2019 Ford Ecoboost Premium. Got the door panels out of it as well for an additional $200. It was a non Nav APIM, did an exchange with Hextall and the Forscan changes for a total of only $450.00. The drive modes alone were worth the price of admission. I for one am not a big fan of Android Auto, especially if its wired.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The base infotainment system is a bad joke. Can't display WAZE or anything.

The 301A ain't no banger system, but the 300A is really bad.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The base infotainment system is a bad joke. Can't display WAZE or anything
most of mankind has spent a few millenia not needing tech nonsense, including Waze. And anyway if you're addicted to such toys, a $50 phone mount (and USB cable <- *poke*) more than takes care of that.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
most of mankind has spent a few millenia not needing tech nonsense, including Waze. And anyway if you're addicted to such toys, a $50 phone mount (and USB cable <- *poke*) more than takes care of that.

I've had both, and there's no comparison. A phone on a mount is garbage compared to a nice big screen and complete control from said screen. And the sound system is substantially better too.

Don't hate, not picking on your car. I had a 300A myself.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had both, and there's no comparison. A phone on a mount is garbage compared to a nice big screen and complete control from said screen. And the sound system is substantially better too.

Don't hate, not picking on your car. I had a 300A myself.

I found the 9spkr system is not substantially better than the 6spkr base 300a system. In fact I thought after the Forscan changes the standard 6spkr setup sounded better than the 9sprkr setup if you left that center channel still operating.

I understand what Shogun is saying though. To be honest I did the change with the 4"-8" screen conversion only because I thought aesthetically it looked a lot better. If I didn't get my setup for as inexpensively as I did I never would have done it.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I found the 9spkr system is not substantially better than the 6spkr base 300a system. In fact I thought after the Forscan changes the standard 6spkr setup sounded better than the 9sprkr setup if you left that center channel still operating.

I understand what Shogun is saying though. To be honest I did the change with the 4"-8" screen conversion only because I thought aesthetically it looked a lot better. If I didn't get my setup for as inexpensively as I did I never would have done it.
It's all personal priorities and likes.

Different strokes.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all personal priorities and likes.

Different strokes.

Absolutely. I didn't want a 300a car that's all they had with my main criteria. The main criteria was Mustang GT with 6MT and PP1 within the acceptable colors they had. I got a smoking deal on a 2020 Mustang GT Rapid Red with 6MT and PP1 300a car. Its because of the deal I got I felt free to mod it to my liking. I am happy with the end result. Although I put about $2.5k into the interior of this car. Found a good donor car from the bone yard to get the 8" screen and bezel and door panels. The rest I bought new.

IMG_20220308_212957164.jpg

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

For me its not even about being addicted. It just looks way better in my opinion. The bigger screen with the switches completes the interior from a visual point of view.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
For me its not even about being addicted. It just looks way better in my opinion. The bigger screen with the switches completes the interior from a visual point of view.
Waze tells me there is sh*t on the highway, cops in 1 mile, accident in 2 miles, traffic congestions, etc.. The times when I hooked up my phone to the windshield with a USB cable are over!
As soon I start my car everything is on display ready for me, wireless. Not going back to the cave years. But, everyone likes their own way of setting things up.
Sponsored