Sponsored

569 2018 Gt350s for sale on Car Gurus

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
@Demonic , that is truth. It is absolutely visceral. It goes beyond technicalities and specs. I bought my '18 R in November 2018. I test drove a several 2018 GT 5.0's as well as a ZL1 1LE. I could have bought any of those cars. I knew the specs, the 0-60's, all that stuff. But when I drove a used 2017 Grabber Blue GT350, that was it. Yes it had power, it handled like it was on rails, it had the rumble. But man, just driving that thing, I knew what I had to do. I ended up with an R, even without having test driven one.

Also the point about respect, that is true also. Apart from the thumbs ups we all get, I was at a wrap/paint correction shop locally here in so-Cal, maybe one of the premiere shops in this area. I was getting my vinyl stripes re-applied on the hood, and the cars and clientele there are "high end" folks: La Ferrari, 720s, GT3RS, 911 Turbo S, Tesla X, etc. My R was by far the least expensive car there. There was one guy, a client, who pulled up in his Porsche Panamera in that amazing chalk gray. Ends up he has 10 Porsches, including a GT2RS, 2 GT3RS, MacLaren 720s and a brand new Senna, etc. But he was a cool dude. And the point? He kept gushing about how he would totally buy an R. He gushed about its looks, how aggressive it is, how unique the Voodoo is, a true car enthusiast. I would think he would look down on me, but he just kept raving about the GT350 and how Ford got it right. He spoke about the respect the 350 has amongst his Porsche pals and on Rennlist. Seriously a filthy rich young man (the shop owner told me he owns a clothing company and also designs spoilers for cars) but one who appreciates the 350.

So yes, everything you say about this car's admiration and attention is true. Even those with exotics and supercars love the GT350/R. It's no 5.0.

IMG_20190219_110554.jpg
IMG_20190219_110602.jpg
I agree with this.

It's the cheapest car that gets you into the "elite" club.

I happened to be driving my car when I went by our local high end car vault. There was a new Ford GT and a 570S sitting out front with 911s and Aston's littered around. I parked my car near them and walked up to check out the rest. People were checking out and talking out my car as it sat with cars worth 3x as much. It's interesting that it "belongs" around automotive royalty.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

There isn't a lick of useful difference between a GT+PP+Magnaride and 350 in the sheetmetal, cradle, or suspension. They both run the same electronic dampers. Springs cost next to nothing.

Wrong. And for godfking damn sake spell MAGNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERide correctly.

MAGNEEEEEEETIC RIDE CONTROL, NOT MAGNAAAAAAATIC.

And those "electronic dampers" are tuned differently. You know what else uses those same electronic dampers? R10, 458 Italia, 488, 488 Pista, Aventador SV, F12 Berlinetta, and on and on and on and on...

You think all those cars have the same dampening strategy? Get real.
I've driven both. and yes it is mostly badging and intangibles. Sure, the 350 drove better than the PP but not remotely 15K worth. For a mere 3K to put Ohlins at 4 corners or even splurging 8K on a set of Penskes the GT so equipped will run rings around the factory car. Though if one were able to fully-retune the Magnaride algorithms that could be very interesting.
You just countered your own argument...

All of you who were happy to pay the Shelby markup have any number of reasons to justify doing so and I hope you're enjoying the car to your satisfaction The OP asked a question, I answered it from the point of view of a person who very recently had a choice of buying a 350 or a GT+PP and looking at it dispassionately. The Shelby brand means little or nothing to me and I suspect a lot of others who are likewise considering the trade-offs. I somewhat regret getting the PP because I could have spent the same 4 grand on the base model and gotten a hell of a lot more car. Still it only cost me 33k+tax so I can trivially spend 5 grand on it and still end up having a better handling car than the 350 except maybe being short 500 RPM which isn't important since I don't race.
So from this logic, we might as well all get base cars and tune Ecoboosts, revamp the entire suspension with Ohlins, add aftermarket brake hardware, and get bigger and wider wheels and tires. And mark up? What mark up...not all of us paid mark ups.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
So from this logic, we might as well all get base cars and tune Ecoboosts, revamp the entire suspension with Ohlins, add aftermarket brake hardware, and get bigger and wider wheels and tires. And mark up? What mark up...not all of us paid mark ups.
Get ready for the logic of "Oh, that example of buying an Ecoboost is invalid because I need at least a V8. No, it isn't hypocritical that I am saying your GT350 isn't worth it even if you say you need/want the Flat Plane V8."

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Get ready for the logic of "Oh, that example of buying an Ecoboost is invalid because I need at least a V8. No, it isn't hypocritical that I am saying your GT350 isn't worth it even if you say you need/want the Flat Plane V8."
Well technically the Ecoboost is also a flat crank. :crackup:

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
There's nothing fictional about the issues the GT350 has. Sooner or later an admission will come out from Ford.
Its a performance car, there are going to be issues with some. New technology, new engine, new at the time suspension. A lot of these cars aren't sitting around being shiny garage queens. Mine goes to the track and gets pushed hard. It's not a cheap hobby, you gotta pay to play as the saying goes. If you think the guys buying Porsche GT4s aren't bitching about things you better check around.

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
Its a performance car, there are going to be issues with some. New technology, new engine, new at the time suspension. A lot of these cars aren't sitting around being shiny garage queens. Mine goes to the track and gets pushed hard. It's not a cheap hobby, you gotta pay to play as the saying goes. If you think the guys buying Porsche GT4s aren't bitching about things you better check around.
FYI, apparently that guy is a troll

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I love it when GT owners give me the ”why not just get a GT and mod it like me” take.

Because getting behind the wheel of an R is one of the best automotive driving and shifting feelings I’ve ever experienced.

Sponsored

64Chevy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
1964 Chevy C10, 1998 BMW M3, 2008 Lotus Exige 240S, 2013 911 C4S, 2015 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm sure it's better but that much better? Hell no.
It's the law of diminishing returns. Luxury goods (high end goods in general) tend to be, say 10% better but cost 50% more. And you may give things up in some areas to get that 10% in other areas (e.g. in Ferraris the track focused versions of the street cars trade leather for Alcantara, and plastic mats for carpet, etc.). And horses for courses--for example I have some tools that are expensive, but I also have stuff from Harbor Freight. In some case the quality/value proposition tips one way, and sometimes it tips the other. I've had some really expensive cars, yet one of my all time favorites was my VW GTI.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, apparently that guy is a troll
It seems its always the same old argument, if you don't want a GT350 don't buy one. I wanted one, so I looked hard and bought a great one at a decent price.

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
It seems its always the same old argument, if you don't want a GT350 don't buy one. I wanted one, so I looked hard and bought a great one at a decent price.
Or people who can't afford one trying to justify why it isn't worth the price. I get it.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I love it when GT owners give me the ”why not just get a GT and mod it like me” take.
"Because I don't want to be like you."

That I don't ever want to be like you.
I don't want to do the things you do.
I'm never gonna hear the words you say
Cause I don't ever wanna.
I don't ever want to be.
You don't want to be just like you
What I'm sayin' is this is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You. don't want to be you

Man, Good Charlotte was awful though lol.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
What is so sad is the GT350/Rs are probably some of the most fun cars I have ever driven and I have had my share of cars and working for a BMW dealership for over 30 years I have driven some very high end cars in all flavors plus have owned many. It truly is sad when these type of threads and engine failure threads get out of hand and diminish what Ford has accomplished. While I do agree there have been some engine issues I still believe many of the issues are from lazy owners trying to maintain a true sports car like a Lexus and never check anything until something bites them in the ass, look at how many have posted I heard a rattle from my engine and found it 4 qts low on oil that should never happen period unless there is a actual leak.

Ford made it very clear in the owners manual and supplement that oil level checks will need to be done. Also this car takes a long time to fully warm up and requires restraint of the right foot until oil temps get above 180 degrees and in winter this can take a good 10 miles on a freeway or longer in stop and go traffic. Those that beat on the cold engine are also probably the people complaining there engine uses oil and or blew up. Hell just watch any of your neighbors in the morning that have any kind of performance car they probably beat on it as soon as they pull out of the neighborhood. Yet these same people blame the car for there stupidity and have given these marvelous cars a black eye that will take years to recover from and until then resale values will be fair but wont really appreciate for many years.

As some of you know I have moved on from my R due to health reasons and purchased a 19 Raptor and while the Raptor is a pickup truck it also honestly has some of the same magic pixie dust in it that the Shelby's have. Hard to put into words but it also puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, Ford knows how to build what people want and are willing to pay for. And like others have said those that try to compare a lessor model as being a better value are clueless as to how different a factory built performance vehicle is with a full warranty that meets all emission requirements etc etc. Sure you can hop up anything and make it better in a few areas but not the overall package and if you do make the overall package better it will certainly cost a lot more than a vehicle you can buy off the showroom.
Sponsored