Sponsored

569 2018 Gt350s for sale on Car Gurus

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I was nice of her to decide for you

I assume you are being facetious. She has never said a thing about the other 50 or so vehicles and boats (boats that cost three times what a Shelby cost) I have purchased. So for her to go out on her own and surprise me was definitely not a thing I was against. She knew I loved that car and took it on her own to buy it for me.

To be fair, I wasn't going to purchase anything for some time so she surprised me. I am more than happy with the PP2 and it was what I was swaying towards anyways. We both work hard and provide in to our relationship, but I would never hide the fact my wife makes over double what I make so I am fine if she takes some liberty in our decisions. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I have also seen GT owners have a chip on their shoulder when you roll up in a Shelby thinking you think they drive a lessor Mustang. Problem is, I for one, love em all
Don't get me wrong, one of my friends bought GT350R because he likes Mustangs, likes to go to the track, doesn't like to mod/work on cars, and wanted something fast and track-ready out of the box, so it was perfect for him. I have nothing but good things to say about the GT350R (I'd lump non-R versions here as well) as they provide awesome value for the price range (unless you paid crazy amounts of ADM), and his car's been proven to be reliable after many track sessions. I also have a friend who's in high school and wanted a powerful car with a warranty that he can afford on a part-time job, so a base GT fitted his bill for less than $28K new (year-end closeout). I'm the opposite of my friend with the R as I don't go to the track, love modding and tinkering with cars and seeing the difference it makes in power, handling, and braking wise, and wanted something cheap with strong aftermarket support. So a GT350R wouldn't have made sense as there's not much you can or need to do to it and if I'm going to breaking something while modding, I'd feel better breaking a dime-a-dozen and cheaper GT, EB, or V6 rather than a GT350R. Ended up with an EB as I had three V8 Mustangs in the past and wanted to try something different, and unfortunately, aftermarket support related to the engine for V6's aren't as robust and Ford screwed it by limiting the trims for it and eventually cutting it.

So I, too, love them all as there's something for all levels. The issue I have is with comments like below (which 5.0-bro types used against EBs and V6's) that pops up when comparing trims or in "which one should I buy" threads. Are there really GT350/R owners who think that their cars are status symbols or are they just busting the nuts of 5.0-bro types? I typically see people leasing or getting loans for mid to high-end Mercedes or BMW types of cars rather than Mustangs when they try too hard to impress others.

"You can just drive your mommies mustang around and I’ll drive my award winning, track proven, attention getting, heritage, history making, one of a kind engine, high reving, best handling, every magazine-social media-car editor-news media’s choice award winner, that will keep its value far more better than your GT."

Between the GTPP2 and GT350 with the same type of tires on a track, I'd personally put my money on the GT350, but I really want to see them in a friendly race against each other (with a diff cooler added to GTPP2) to actually see the differences.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Don't get me wrong, one of my friends bought GT350R because he likes Mustangs, likes to go to the track, doesn't like to mod/work on cars, and wanted something fast and track-ready out of the box, so it was perfect for him. I have nothing but good things to say about the GT350R (I'd lump non-R versions here as well) as they provide awesome value for the price range (unless you paid crazy amounts of ADM), and his car's been proven to be reliable after many track sessions. I also have a friend who's in high school and wanted a powerful car with a warranty that he can afford on a part-time job, so a base GT fitted his bill for less than $28K new (year-end closeout). I'm the opposite of my friend with the R as I don't go to the track, love modding and tinkering with cars and seeing the difference it makes in power, handling, and braking wise, and wanted something cheap with strong aftermarket support. So a GT350R wouldn't have made sense as there's not much you can or need to do to it and if I'm going to breaking something while modding, I'd feel better breaking a dime-a-dozen and cheaper GT, EB, or V6 rather than a GT350R. Ended up with an EB as I had three V8 Mustangs in the past and wanted to try something different, and unfortunately, aftermarket support related to the engine for V6's aren't as robust and Ford screwed it by limiting the trims for it and eventually cutting it.

So I, too, love them all as there's something for all levels. The issue I have is with comments like below (which 5.0-bro types used against EBs and V6's) that pops up when comparing trims or in "which one should I buy" threads. Are there really GT350/R owners who think that their cars are status symbols or are they just busting the nuts of 5.0-bro types? I typically see people leasing or getting loans for mid to high-end Mercedes or BMW types of cars rather than Mustangs when they try too hard to impress others.

"You can just drive your mommies mustang around and I’ll drive my award winning, track proven, attention getting, heritage, history making, one of a kind engine, high reving, best handling, every magazine-social media-car editor-news media’s choice award winner, that will keep its value far more better than your GT."

Between the GTPP2 and GT350 with the same type of tires on a track, I'd personally put my money on the GT350, but I really want to see them in a friendly race against each other (with a diff cooler added to GTPP2) to actually see the differences.
I tracked an EB Mustang and for one, would love to mod the crap out of it to see what could be done

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Should be interesting to see how the gt500 affects those numbers. I’d expect nation wide it will jump at least a hundred units or more. Will that be enough to affect resale value though? Who knows.
I think able buyers will want both. Regardless there will always be one or the other or both on the market.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Uh....your links area for mustangs not GT350 lol every single one lol

Edit. The first few cars are mustangs and then the rest are place holders

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350

i don't think you can filter out those featured items at the top of results....

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Just the top few are sponsored ads. It is for any radius of Grapevine. They are all GT350. Put your drink down and look again :-)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Just the top few are sponsored ads. It is for any radius of Grapevine. They are all GT350. Put your drink down and look again :-)
I did hence the edit.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I did hence the edit.
I do see that they are place holders with VIN's and those must be their allotments., I wish they would post their allotments for the GT500.

Leadfoot350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I
What is so sad is the GT350/Rs are probably some of the most fun cars I have ever driven and I have had my share of cars and working for a BMW dealership for over 30 years I have driven some very high end cars in all flavors plus have owned many. It truly is sad when these type of threads and engine failure threads get out of hand and diminish what Ford has accomplished. While I do agree there have been some engine issues I still believe many of the issues are from lazy owners trying to maintain a true sports car like a Lexus and never check anything until something bites them in the ass, look at how many have posted I heard a rattle from my engine and found it 4 qts low on oil that should never happen period unless there is a actual leak.

Ford made it very clear in the owners manual and supplement that oil level checks will need to be done. Also this car takes a long time to fully warm up and requires restraint of the right foot until oil temps get above 180 degrees and in winter this can take a good 10 miles on a freeway or longer in stop and go traffic. Those that beat on the cold engine are also probably the people complaining there engine uses oil and or blew up. Hell just watch any of your neighbors in the morning that have any kind of performance car they probably beat on it as soon as they pull out of the neighborhood. Yet these same people blame the car for there stupidity and have given these marvelous cars a black eye that will take years to recover from and until then resale values will be fair but wont really appreciate for many years.

As some of you know I have moved on from my R due to health reasons and purchased a 19 Raptor and while the Raptor is a pickup truck it also honestly has some of the same magic pixie dust in it that the Shelby's have. Hard to put into words but it also puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, Ford knows how to build what people want and are willing to pay for. And like others have said those that try to compare a lessor model as being a better value are clueless as to how different a factory built performance vehicle is with a full warranty that meets all emission requirements etc etc. Sure you can hop up anything and make it better in a few areas but not the overall package and if you do make the overall package better it will certainly cost a lot more than a vehicle you can buy off the showroom.
I went the opposite route and traded my 18 raptor in for my Shelby lol. Was the most impulsive thing I’ve ever done. Only had the truck 2 months, but i can’t say I’m not extremely happy with my decision. I haven’t driven anything that has made me as happy as this car, nothing on the road sounds like it. I too looked at 18 GT pp1s and after starting up the Shelby in the showroom it was game over lol.

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I love reading this thread from time to time - so much inventory, I can't wait to start my winter beater whipple GT350 build.
Sponsored