569 2018 Gt350s for sale on Car Gurus

Abg123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3
This seems high for last years model..mostly regular 350’s and a few R’s..what’s going on with demand for this car? Seems like it’s fallen off a cliff!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Abg123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3
This seems high for last years model..mostly regular 350’s and a few R’s..what’s going on with demand for this car? Seems like it’s fallen off a cliff!!
Ps.. Not trolling.. just bought a “new” 2018 myself

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Think there's been a lot of oil consumption-related convos going on and it's scaring quite a few folks away from the car.

040d4745d4327739eaa5e7025148f698--jamberry-meme-happy-birthday.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
IMO Ford's price premium is outsized to say the least. Up to maybe 10 grand (probably more like 7) over the comparable regular model is where it should be. The 'R' can be a bit more, say another 5.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
IMO Ford's price premium is outsized to say the least. Up to maybe 10 grand (probably more like 7) over the comparable regular model is where it should be. The 'R' can be a bit more, say another 5.
Please explain. I didn't understand any of that.

Ford's price premium

Outsized

Comparable regular model

A bit more, say another 5

(As used in the context of your statement)

?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A Shelby 350 is very nearly identical to a GT+PP1 + 301A + Active Exhaust + MagneRide give or take the Ricaro Cloth seats and minor bits and bobs. The MSRP for the 350 is $60K, the aforementioned GP is $45K per the Ford build-it website. There isn't remotely 15K worth of difference between them. $3-5k tops and if you really want to inflate the 5.2 engine vs the 5.0 we could round it up to 8-10K and that's being exceedingly generous.

My point was that the Shelby is overpriced by no less than 5K and a lot closer to 10K vs it's sister model. Not to mention 60 large for "just a Mustang" is a pretty steep ask in of itself. A "similarly equipped" Camaro 2SS+1LE is priced right around the aforementioned GT+PP setup.

The OP asked why there were so many 350's still kicking around. One, there are no 2019 models to be had if I'm not mistaken, and two, Ford's outsized pricing.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A Shelby 350 is very nearly identical to a GT+PP1 + 301A + Active Exhaust + MagneRide give or take the Ricaro Cloth seats and minor bits and bobs. The MSRP for the 350 is $60K, the aforementioned GP is $45K per the Ford build-it website. There isn't remotely 15K worth of difference between them. $3-5k tops and if you really want to inflate the 5.2 engine vs the 5.0 we could round it up to 8-10K and that's being exceedingly generous.

My point was that the Shelby is overpriced by no less than 5K and a lot closer to 10K vs it's sister model. Not to mention 60 large for "just a Mustang" is a pretty steep ask in of itself. A "similarly equipped" Camaro 2SS+1LE is priced right around the aforementioned GT+PP setup.

The OP asked why there were so many 350's still kicking around. One, there are no 2019 models to be had if I'm not mistaken, and two, Ford's outsized pricing.
Really not trying to sound elitist here, but this is exactly what folks say when they justify NOT spending the extra $$$. To many of us, there’s a ton of difference between them.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

You're probably right. The difference between the Coyote and Voodoo has narrowed quite a bit. I'd rather not have direct injection - especially when it's new, but many other people probably don't see that as a reason not to buy a GT. Most people don't go to the track, so the transmission and rear diff coolers that come standard on the GT350 but are missing on the PP1 don't matter to them. I personally like the MT-82 transmission. I think the Tremec box is better, but that wouldn't be my main reason to consider a GT350. The buyers that don't track their cars also don't have a need for the 2 piece rotors and the improved brake calipers that the Shelby has.

A lot of people want a soft ride and don't care much about body control, so they might prefer the softer ride of the PP1 over the firm and controlled ride of the GT350.

Many people think the Shelby is better looking than the 2018+ Mustang GT, but that might not be a major factor.

I'm not as interested in a 2018 GT350 as I could be because I want a 2019 GT350. I think the 2019 wheels are much better looking. I absolutely love the rear spoiler/wing on the 2019. Not thrilled about the Cup 2 tires, but those can be changed. If I were looking for a GT350 right now I would buy a 2019 rather than a 2018. This could have a significant impact in 2018 GT350 sales in my opinion.

Some buyers are interested in the GT500 rather than the 350. That might cool some of the demand.

Probably part of the reason why some 2018 GT350s haven't sold is the dealers are still trying to get ADM and buyers aren't ready to pay it any more.

I can come up with lots of reasons to not buy a 2018 GT350.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

You can just drive your mommies mustang around and I’ll drive my award winning, track proven, attention getting, heritage, history making, one of a kind engine, high reving, best handling, every magazine-social media-car editor-news media’s choice award winner, that will keep its value far more better than your GT.
Not to mention, when’s the last time a Porsche owner sold his Porsche for a mustang gt? I’ll dare to say never.
The only reason why the 18 gt Performance pack is even around is because of the technology the gt350 brought to the table.
To say the gt is nearly identical?
You sir I laugh at.

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
It’s a 5 model year car! What do you expect?
This isn’t a 1979-1993 fox body.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So if there were say on average 5000 cars produced every year from 2016 - 2018 (it's been different every year from 6000 to about 4000), that's 15,000 cars. Or 3.8% are for sale. Umm.......

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So if there were say on average 5000 cars produced every year from 2016 - 2018 (it's been different every year from 6000 to about 4000), that's 15,000 cars. Or 3.8% are for sale. Umm.......
Not to mention any yahoo can get 18% off of a 2019 Mustang (any 'normal' trim) without any haggling, whereas the 350's are being advertised at 5-7% discount (in some cases zero) which is a definite outlier. I reckon as soon (if?) the '19s show up and it gets on toward late summer there'll be a 10 added to those markdowns.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

You can just drive your mommies mustang around and I’ll drive my award winning, track proven, attention getting, heritage, history making, one of a kind engine, high reving, best handling, every magazine-social media-car editor-news media’s choice award winner, that will keep its value far more better than your GT.
Not to mention, when’s the last time a Porsche owner sold his Porsche for a mustang gt? I’ll dare to say never.
The only reason why the 18 gt Performance pack is even around is because of the technology the gt350 brought to the table.
To say the gt is nearly identical?
You sir I laugh at.
Everybody knows a GT350 is just a mustang with minimal differences (especially the R). Ford's price premium (which is outsized) comparable to the regular model isn't justified despite the front end redesign from the A pillars forward, the exotic flat plane crank being unique to the car, and the carbon fiber wheels (which were in the 20K range per wheel* before Ford had them mass produced) and the carbon fiber wing (among many other things).

We all know that Ford's price premium, which is outsized, is not worth it. There really aren't many differences except pricing and badging.

Ford's price premium..... outsized..... compared to the regular model..... LOL :cwl:

*reference interview between Jay Leno and Jamal Hameedi

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Okay, you keep thinking that. The GT350 is more than the sum of its parts but the sum of all the tiny little details adds up to a big dividend.

And if we want to make the Camaro 1LE argument, a 458 has trouble pulling away from a 1LE at times at certain tracks and MSRP'ed for $300K. Totally not worth it...
Sponsored