550's are the best

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Guys, last night i went up to see if the dealer had a new ranger. While I was there I noticed tons of trucks and mustangs. So, i gave the new mustang a gander. The outside isn't as bad as I once thought but man the interior... I can't get beyond the ipads on the dash. its distracting as all hell to me.

I did see a black and bronze GT. that car looked REALLY nice. but again... if you gotta look at that dash all the time... no bueno.

I know there will be a flash in the pan with these cars, new model and all, but I really don't see them doing well long term. the interior apart from the dash is nice but sheesh... WTF was ford thinking?

anyhow, I really like the lack of chrome so I'm going to look into swapping the 5.0 and GT badges for the new satin silver versions.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guys, last night i went up to see if the dealer had a new ranger. While I was there I noticed tons of trucks and mustangs. So, i gave the new mustang a gander. The outside isn't as bad as I once thought but man the interior... I can't get beyond the ipads on the dash. its distracting as all hell to me.

I did see a black and bronze GT. that car looked REALLY nice. but again... if you gotta look at that dash all the time... no bueno.

I know there will be a flash in the pan with these cars, new model and all, but I really don't see them doing well long term. the interior apart from the dash is nice but sheesh... WTF was ford thinking?
As always to each their own but head over to M7G for a totally different take by owners of the S650. Some originally felt the way you did but changed their minds after getting behind the wheel.

As far as this being a passing fad, no such luck. Digital screens are here now and will be in the future. There is no going back.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
As always to each their own but head over to M7G for a totally different take by owners of the S650. Some originally felt the way you did but changed their minds after getting behind the wheel.

As far as this being a passing fad, no such luck. Digital screens are here now and will be in the future. There is no going back.
oh so guys who are on a forum for that car like it? no shit? I find that absolutely shocking LOL
also, i got behind the wheel. its garbage.

the beef isn't with digital screens, its with the ipads on the dash. its shitty/lazy packaging.

the S550 digital screen was dope as hell. the new rangers look great. slapping the square screens on a dash is just dumb.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
oh so guys who are on a forum for that car like it? no shit? I find that absolutely shocking LOL
also, i got behind the wheel. its garbage.

the beef isn't with digital screens, its with the ipads on the dash. its shitty/lazy packaging.

the S550 digital screen was dope as hell. the new rangers look great. slapping the square screens on a dash is just dumb.
Did you look at a base or premium? I’m with you, the base 2 screen iPad doesn’t look good and is a bit distracting. I drove a premium with the large single screen and it was surprisingly not very distracting when driving. I didn’t measure anything but it doesn’t seem to stick up as high as the double iPad does. I still think they can do better but it wasn’t horrible. If I didn’t have my S550 or if I didn’t love it to pieces, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a GT Premium S650. The bronze package is really nice, the wheels are sharp. I like that there’s more optionality with S650, even the brakes are a standalone upgrade option now (from 4 piston to 6 piston Brembo).

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
In reality in doesn't matter what people who wouldn't buy one think of them. As mentioned above digital screens are not going away. I've watched several Youtube reviews and the overwhelming opinion is the car is great. And it has been upgraded from the S550. I won't be buying one because at my age my current car will probably be my last car. But from all the positive reviews I wouldn't think twice about getting one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Did you look at a base or premium? I’m with you, the base 2 screen iPad doesn’t look good and is a bit distracting. I drove a premium with the large single screen and it was surprisingly not very distracting when driving. I didn’t measure anything but it doesn’t seem to stick up as high as the double iPad does. I still think they can do better but it wasn’t horrible. If I didn’t have my S550 or if I didn’t love it to pieces, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a GT Premium S650. The bronze package is really nice, the wheels are sharp. I like that there’s more optionality with S650, even the brakes are a standalone upgrade option now (from 4 piston to 6 piston Brembo).
both. if the digital stuff was actually in the dash instead of just on top i'd have no issues with it.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I'm with you...not very well thought out interior or options available. Seems absurd to not include a package that has features from other vehicles like a Heads' up Display. I could almost justify the ipad displays if they added some new features that weren't available in the S550. I'm also on the fence on the dual throttle bodies; seems to increase complexity and cost vs. the benefit from the extra air volume gained. HP seems lower then the Gen 3 engine.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm with you...not very well thought out interior or options available. Seems absurd to not include a package that has features from other vehicles like a Heads' up Display. I could almost justify the ipad displays if they added some new features that weren't available in the S550. I'm also on the fence on the dual throttle bodies; seems to increase complexity and cost vs. the benefit from the extra air volume gained. HP seems lower then the Gen 3 engine.
I agree with your heads up display proposal. It would be nice to be able to transfer some of the functions to that technology, reducing the size of the iPads.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

anyhow, I really like the lack of chrome so I'm going to look into swapping the 5.0 and GT badges for the new satin silver versions.
The dash is not a flash in a pan. Just look at all manufacturers going this route. I love my S550, but I would have no qualms getting into an S650.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The dash is not a flash in a pan. Just look at all manufacturers going this route. I love my S550, but I would have no qualms getting into an S650.
no they aren't. ford isn't even doing this with all their cars.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
no they aren't. ford isn't even doing this with all their cars.
Thats funny the only car they have is the Mustang.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You will get over it and own one. Mark my word!
Sponsored