bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry man but you are making fun of yourself here and being rude to others.
A 240HP FWD car, where the weight is all on the front and transversal engine can't even remotely match the dynamics of a sports car, that is what the Mustang is.
Owning a "hot hatch" myself I admit they can be quite fun and much more forgiving than a proper car, but they are toys. Fun toys, but toys made out of engineering compromises for cost, practicality and usability from the average Joe.

For the rest of the Forum: we can argue on what sports car really mean but it's no Challenger (muscle) and for sure no small hatchback like said VW.
By the looks of it Stock Golf GTI 8 makes the pass in 13.6 seconds. Our EU spec cars are not much better than that at least the pre face lift ones I think my best pass is at 13.0 or 13.2 but this is on non prepped surface. Overall looks like GTI 8 vs 2015-2017 Mustang will be a drivers race.
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
By the looks of it Stock Golf GTI 8 makes the pass in 13.6 seconds. Our EU spec cars are not much better than that at least the pre face lift ones I think my best pass is at 13.0 or 13.2 but this is on non prepped surface. Overall looks like GTI 8 vs 2015-2017 Mustang will be a drivers race.
If you are referring to the quarter mile the current GT does in 11. Probably the PP even less.
Then you can't compare the 2022 Golf GTI vs the 2015 six speed auto, you have to compare the current cars to a current car.

Anyway, its not only how fast it goes into a straight line, but how it handles in the corners. And the Mustang wins also here by a long shot vs an understeering FWD...

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If you are referring to the quarter mile the current GT does in 11. Probably the PP even less.
Then you can't compare the 2022 Golf GTI vs the 2015 six speed auto, you have to compare the current cars to a current car.

Anyway, its not only how fast it goes into a straight line, but how it handles in the corners. And the Mustang wins also here by a long shot vs an understeering FWD...
OP car is a 2015-2017 EU Spec our cars are less HP than US cars (420 hp) and I have a manual and as I said my best pass stock is 13.2 or so. And my Mustang is not slow by any means but an Auto Golf GTI on a 1/4 mile or a light will surely give it a run for it's money. On the road course I'm sure a stock GTI don't stand a chance against a modded track prepped Mustang like mine but on the 1/4 mile might be close very close.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man I love my mustang and I might get flamed for this, but ā€¦

Not on a euro ā€¦

Not for most ā€˜normalā€™ road drivers in most ā€˜normalā€™ road situations ā€¦

Most would be pulling the GT out of a hedge long before they got near what they (the same ā€˜normalā€™ driver) could do in the GTI.

WD :like:

OP
OP
Captain Greg

Captain Greg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Aston Martin N430 .Mustang GT .Mercedes Benz AMG,
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry man but you are making fun of yourself here and being rude to others.
A 240HP FWD car, where the weight is all on the front and transversal engine can't even remotely match the dynamics of a sports car, that is what the Mustang is.
Owning a "hot hatch" myself I admit they can be quite fun and much more forgiving than a proper car, but they are toys. Fun toys, but toys made out of engineering compromises for cost, practicality and usability from the average Joe.

For the rest of the Forum: we can argue on what sports car really mean but it's no Challenger (muscle) and for sure no small hatchback like said VW.
Hang onā€¦.šŸ¤£ did I read that correctly? A mustang is a sports car ā€¦youā€™re out of touch bud, mustang is a pony car itā€™s a muscle car ā€¦certainly not a sports car ..
I therefore discount your opinion the golf and Iā€™m no fan can do zero to 60in 5 seconds as standard car with average driver ability
anyway I donā€™t wish to argue with people I simply discounted the myth that removing a cat in stock has no benefit I did saw it on the dyno with cats in, then cats out and then a tune ..I posted the dyno runs for interest sake,

I will not argue with you on the merits of a muscle car that handles like shit is a sports carā€¦maybe one day when you own a sports car you can comment šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Itā€™s obvious you know very little about the new Golf GTI 8 ā€¦.it will kic a 5.0ā€™s assā€¦in acceleration, and corners ā€¦stock for stock im saying...
Please give us a link to the manufacturers site where we can see all the specs on Golf 8 GTI.

There are a few, so I need to know which one you're talking about.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
a......mustang is a pony car itā€™s a muscle car ā€¦certainly not a sports car ..
I therefore discount your opinion the golf and Iā€™m no fan can do zero to 60in 5 seconds as standard car with average driver ability...
It's a Pony car, which has nothing to do with a Muscle Car, those are two different things. Although I do think it's better to call an S550 GT a "Sports Coupe".

Yes, these Mustangs can handle very decently, if optioned properly. And I think all Euro cars got the PP1 package, so yours would handle at least as well as a Golf 8 GTI.

5 second 0-60? Your Mustang is faster than that. All day.

Not trying to pile on here, but I do think you need some skills driving if a 300BHP Golf out accelerates you.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
No, the manual GTs with PP1 are 12 second cars, not 11.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Man I love my mustang and I might get flamed for this, but ā€¦

Not on a euro ā€¦

Not for most ā€˜normalā€™ road drivers in most ā€˜normalā€™ road situations ā€¦

Most would be pulling the GT out of a hedge long before they got near what they (the same ā€˜normalā€™ driver) could do in the GTI.

I've had both cars (A 2017 GTI). The MK7 is a bit slower than the 8, but not by much really. They didn't increase the horsepower by that much in the newer ones.

Regardless if it's euro spec or hamburger spec, the GTI is getting slapped in a dig or a roll race if we're talking stock for stock. I actually had my GTI at the drag strip, and it was a DSG car too. The DA sucked that day but I ran a high 14 second pass at like 100mph. Best case scenario is a low 14. Even the weakest 5.0's are doing a full second faster than that. GTI's struggle hard to launch too, even with the DSG it just spins in the lower gears.

I will agree the GTI is easier to hoon in though. Funny enough, both cars are very understeer prone. The Mustang is set up to understeer to try and keep novices from crashing, almost to a fault.

Now the Golf R on the other hand is a more fair fight. I've driven an 18 with a tune, and especially at this elevation it feels closer to par with my car. The Mustang will still kill it in a 40 roll, but its overall much more comparable. Maybe that's what OP is mentioning?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both cars (A 2017 GTI). The MK7 is a bit slower than the 8, but not by much really. They didn't increase the horsepower by that much in the newer ones.

Regardless if it's euro spec or hamburger spec, the GTI is getting slapped in a dig or a roll race if we're talking stock for stock. I actually had my GTI at the drag strip, and it was a DSG car too. The DA sucked that day but I ran a high 14 second pass at like 100mph. Best case scenario is a low 14. Even the weakest 5.0's are doing a full second faster than that. GTI's struggle hard to launch too, even with the DSG it just spins in the lower gears.

I will agree the GTI is easier to hoon in though. Funny enough, both cars are very understeer prone. The Mustang is set up to understeer to try and keep novices from crashing, almost to a fault.

Now the Golf R on the other hand is a more fair fight. I've driven an 18 with a tune, and especially at this elevation it feels closer to par with my car. The Mustang will still kill it in a 40 roll, but its overall much more comparable. Maybe that's what OP is mentioning?
My first comment was in response to a euro being an 11 second or faster car.

My second comment was in response to handling.

I donā€™t doubt that a 5.0 will out drag a GTI, especially as road speed increases :like:

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
In my previous questions I asked about cat removal, the debate was divided with it having value and some saying no value .

So I decided to do a dyno run ā€¦my car is stock 50 with open rear boxes, boy was i disappointedā€¦.it pushed no where near what Ford claim 435 HpšŸ˜•
So the car with cats installed delivered a modest 280kw (375Hp)

So out came the cats, back on the dyno ā€¦instant improvement with not much more noise šŸ˜ā€¦however it went to 289kw ā€¦.then a tune where they played with the ignition timing and cam timing through the range.
It ended with a relatively stock 50l mustang from 280Kw to a respectable 300Kw 403Hpā€¦still not close to the claimed Ford spin doctors who said 435HpšŸ˜”

Rear wheel torque went from 496Nm to 552Nm ā€¦that was not bad ā€¦total bill for cat, removal & tune and a number of dyno runs was around 400USD.

The guys said if we used a better fuel we would see improved performance, our fuel locally is not great 95 octane.

IMG_7216.jpeg
Thank you for sharing the data. So for US conversion, 12rwhp gain just removing the cats on an otherwise stock euro-spec 2015-2017 GT with a cat back.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Itā€™s obvious you know very little about the new Golf GTI 8 ā€¦.it will kic a 5.0ā€™s assā€¦in acceleration
I may not know much, but I know that a high 13s FWD car has nothing on my low 12 second RWD car in terms of acceleration. Math must be hard for you if you canā€™t get that.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Why are we even mentioning flat brimmed hat douchebag, Monster stickered, man bunned, pot/vape smelling GTIā€™s again? Someone fill me inā€¦ā€¦.

Put a sticky DR on both vehicles mentioned, then even a stock 2.3 Ecoboost will drag that emissions and electrical nightmare fake German (Mexican) hatch 5 buses behind it.

Hellā€¦ A Fusion Sport would wipe its ass with a GTI.

JFC. I donā€™t want to live on this planet anymore.

OP
OP
Captain Greg

Captain Greg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Aston Martin N430 .Mustang GT .Mercedes Benz AMG,
Vehicle Showcase
I may not know much, but I know that a high 13s FWD car has nothing on my low 12 second RWD car in terms of acceleration. Math must be hard for you if you canā€™t get that.
Maybe we get different hot hatches here ? I know our bikes are different with USA getting restricted sports bikes ā€¦now
letā€™s consider the merc A45ā€¦it wipes the mustangs ass as well, I know cos I have one ā€¦
you guys are so hell bent in thinking the mustang is fast Wtf itā€™s not I know I have one ā€¦when you get on the loud pedal with the mustang only god knows where itā€™s going ā€¦in stock format itā€™s really not a great handling car unlike the GTI or A45 ā€¦then consider even the modest M2 from BMW flirts with the Mustang as well ā€¦instead of defending it read my opening post read it a few times ā€¦
this is not about hot hatches versus mustang itā€™s a thread pointing out that cat removal is a definite cheap power upgrade I posted with dyno numbers done in my presence and I wanted to dispel the myth that some are divided on
anyway Iā€™m TIBA on this subject at least now I understand why the Chevy guys think Ford owners are prics

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium