Sponsored

350R Steering Wheel Cover

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Why in hell would you want to put a cover over your Alcantara steering wheel. Its not a leather and way more durable then leather. Easy to clean with a damp cloth and warm water, even use a little dish soap if needed. You can even buy cleaner made for it. Or as stated above just buy some driving gloves if your so concerned about it getting dirty. Geesh!

OP
OP

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Why in hell would you want to put a cover over your Alcantara steering wheel. Its not a leather and way more durable then leather. Easy to clean with a damp cloth and warm water, even use a little dish soap if needed. You can even buy cleaner made for it. Or as stated above just buy some driving gloves if your so concerned about it getting dirty. Geesh!
Get a grip Kansas, I'm sure you're more worried about cow shit on the floor mats.

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Gloves are the answer, I had an OMP Alcantara wheel in my clubman and bought a pair of black leather driving gloves with contrast piping in to match the car (cos I am vain) it never showed a mark. šŸ‘šŸ» That way you get to enjoy the look of the wheel and preserve it. If you put a cover on it then all you doing is just preserving it for the next guy to enjoy instead of enjoying it yourself.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Gloves are the answer, I had an OMP Alcantara wheel in my clubman and bought a pair of black leather driving gloves with contrast piping in to match the car (cos I am vain) it never showed a mark. šŸ‘šŸ» That way you get to enjoy the look of the wheel and preserve it. If you put a cover on it then all you doing is just preserving it for the next guy to enjoy instead of enjoying it yourself.
Naa, gotta feel it. wearing gloves is like always wearing protection...and letting the next guy raw dog it. ;)

Question for the glove wearers... When you are stopped, do you put your hands in your lap so that other drivers don't see them? :) :)

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
OP has an Ecoboost which costs 1/3 of an actual GT350R and he's worried about a steering wheel that didn't come on the car. I don't get it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP has an Ecoboost which costs 1/3 of an actual GT350R and he's worried about a steering wheel that didn't come on the car. I don't get it.
1626184443380.png

OP
OP

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Take off upon sale.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Only use the bottom leather portion to drive. Never ever touch the alcantara suede. LOL
I try to do this, but only when I'm cruising and not handling the car. You see enough of these wheels available on ebay or whatever that im not worried about it that much anyway.

Anyone with concern really should have a standing search on ebay and pick up an extra when one becomes available at your pricepoint.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Naa, gotta feel it. wearing gloves is like always wearing protection...and letting the next guy raw dog it. ;)

Question for the glove wearers... When you are stopped, do you put your hands in your lap so that other drivers don't see them? :) :)
I wear gloves. White ones with red Puma logos. I just donā€™t care what other drivers are thinking. Literally donā€™t care. I love the feeling of racing gloves while Iā€™m drivingā€”also helps to grab the car back if itā€™s tramlining hard. I have lots of friends who gloves whether theyā€™re driving a GT350R or a Ford GT. Guess my question back would be: Are you so concerned with what others are thinking while youā€™re driving your car? šŸ˜šŸ˜

Girls drive around with eyelashes over their headlights and people have fake big brake calipersā€”point is nobody cares and so what if they doā€”ā€œpeople, do youā€.
Sponsored