Sponsored

350R on BAT with engine/ transmission warranty denied due to roll bar/ harness/ bald tires

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Poor guy had to pay for new engine and transmission out of pocket -

"The transmission housing bell cracked in half. While removing the transmission to be replaced, they found a hairline crack around an inch long on the engine mount. The engine ran perfect and was serviced more than required but with that hairline crack, the entire engine has to be replaced."

No Reserve: 2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R for sale on BaT Auctions - ending January 4 (Lot #132,356) | Bring a Trailer

So I guess if you ever need warranty work- remove your harness - take out your cage - put on your street tires - clean off rubber in wheel wells - I mean some people dont even track just add this stuff for show
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I saw that auction. 3 days at Sebring was all he had into it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
He's local to me so if anyone needs it checked out, LMK.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Pretty car. Kudo’s by the seller with brutal honesty on the car. The tires look pretty fresh on the carbons to. Judging by the facility in the back ground I highly doubt the seller isn’t a meticulous person.

Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I would buy that car in a hearbeat if I had the money and room!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Welding is not an option?
đź‘Ť
He indicated that once they removed the bell housing and saw the hairline crack, the engine had to be replaced. If Ford was paying for it, okay. Unfortunately, this was all on his dime and he said yeah sure? I’m kinda confused.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Curious if this was under a factory warranty or extended

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
This guy selling clearly didn't have the ability to fight it.
Low mile 350R with no lien and paid for a new engine and trans installed at a dealer? Sounds like he has the ability just not the want to deal with it.
For me that would have been the green light to install an FFRE short block with a T56XL conversion and prolly would have been less expensive than the stock components.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Low mile 350R with no lien and paid for a new engine and trans installed at a dealer? Sounds like he has the ability just not the want to deal with it.
For me that would have been the green light to install an FFRE short block with a T56XL conversion and prolly would have been less expensive than the stock components.
I think you are right that he had the money, but decided not to fight anyway. I remember taking my GT350 to the dealership for a minor issue and getting it back with a big ding in the driver's side door. I didn't fight the dealership over it, but I'm still pissed and it definitely factors into my decisions.

Aftermarket parts are cheaper but they also reduce the value of the vehicle if you are planning to sell. Possibly the original owner was ready to be done with the car after the issues he'd had. He might not want to drive around in it anymore.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
He certainly had the means. Just not the ability, whether limited by time, knowledge, or something else. Fighting stuff like this is massively time consuming and tedious to be done right.

It sucks, cool car for sure, sad that Ford does their customer this way.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
One generally doesn’t get means without ability and knowledge. Depending on how the car was/is held the financial cost for the repair could of been mitigated in another way. Regardless it’s a very nice car.

He certainly had the means. Just not the ability, whether limited by time, knowledge, or something else. Fighting stuff like this is massively time consuming and tedious to be done right.

It sucks, cool car for sure, sad that Ford does their customer this way.
Sponsored