300A "drag" mode tune

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
18 w/ a10 is a whole different animal compared to 15 a6 in the first 3 gears.
True. That could be the differentiating factor. On my setup our power levels should be similar. If he's using drag radials maybe they're not sufficiently heated for street driving.

Also, there's a lot you can do to this car in terms of easy mods to make the car behave more predictably.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
True. That could be the differentiating factor. On my setup our power levels should be similar. If he's using drag radials maybe they're not sufficiently heated for street driving.

Also, there's a lot you can do to this car in terms of easy mods to make the car behave more predictably.
I had a bolt on cobra jet induction 14 GT with a6 and Lund 100 octane tuning. On 255 nero all seasons it would hook except for the brutal 1-2 shift. 9 times out of 10 you just drove through it. My 18 a10 E85 tuned can blow through the top of third spinning from a stop on 275 ps4’s. It does not kick the rear sideways like on the solid axle which helps. 18 also traps 5-6 mph faster through 1/4.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I had a bolt on cobra jet induction 14 GT with a6 and Lund 100 octane tuning. On 255 nero all seasons it would hook except for the brutal 1-2 shift. 9 times out of 10 you just drove through it. My 18 a10 E85 tuned can blow through the top of third spinning from a stop on 275 ps4’s. It does not kick the rear sideways like on the solid axle which helps. 18 also traps 5-6 mph faster through 1/4.
As long as you can pretty much stay in it and you're not out of control, i.e. behaving predictably. But my initial response to him - from what he described it sounded like he did not have much control.
That's crazy, The A10 plus what E85 does for the Gen3, I don't doubt you. Also, on the Lund tune the shifts are VIOLENT. Gotta be careful coming out of a corner which direction your car is pointing.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
18 w/ a10 is a whole different animal compared to 15 a6 in the first 3 gears.
Are you saying it's hard to control? Or its just a beast tearing through the gears with the a10?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Are you saying it's hard to control? Or its just a beast tearing through the gears with the a10?
You have to definitely pay attention and be alert. On the 18 I have to peddle it 1-3 gear street or track on the ps4’s. At the track it axle hopped bad last time out. A hellcat widebody broke his half shaft on our run. Mine has 3.55’s w/ pp1 setup too.

I normally only hit it above 40 mph (less drama) unless I just want to burn the tires off.

Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
With track mode just traction control off, the car stays straight and just pull strong with traction
But drag strip mode, traction control off and stability control off, forget about it im gonna roll it into a tree if i keep it pinned. Deadliest combo

If you have a 3.55 gear like me its worst, a 3.15 would hook better. But i got pp1 so it came like that

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
With track mode just traction control off, the car stays straight and just pull strong with traction
But drag strip mode, traction control off and stability control off, forget about it im gonna roll it into a tree if i keep it pinned. Deadliest combo

If you have a 3.55 gear like me its worst, a 3.15 would hook better. But i got pp1 so it came like that
Well nobody wants you to roll into a tree, of course. I might look into locking that rear end down man. BMR CB005 for starters. It's amazing how bad the movement of the subframe is, which is what your suspension is bolted to. Alignment and locking down the rear end might help considerably.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Drag mode, e85, all nannies off and I leave slight haze every shift. You need some suspension mods or need to wait until the road dries

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Well nobody wants you to roll into a tree, of course. I might look into locking that rear end down man. BMR CB005 for starters. It's amazing how bad the movement of the subframe is, which is what your suspension is bolted to. Alignment and locking down the rear end might help considerably.
CB005 is a good start. Cleared up wheel hop and helps traction. Good rubber needed too.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The michelin that came on my performance pack is not good ? Theyre new 800 km only
Nah they leave alot to be desired. Even on stock tune they barely held. As soon as adding any power though they need to go.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Nah they leave alot to be desired. Even on stock tune they barely held. As soon as adding any power though they need to go.
Track and drag modes bone stock blew them right off.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Track and drag modes bone stock blew them right off.
Are you talking Pirelli tires? Not sure if the 2018's had the Cup 2's on their performance package or not.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
18 pp1 came with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
Your the first to say MPS4S are not that great. They again, they are a street tire and not a track tire. What is better than the 4S on the street?
Sponsored