Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
He is probably more than happy it blew up.
How does a YouTube content creator afford a gt500 in the first place? Clicks mean money.
Now he has his gt500 he needs to keep the clicks coming. Can’t leave it stock and do a review once a yr as that won’t pay for the fuel. No, he has to tune it so people keep clicking. Going bang in a cloud of smoke is going to get him loads more clicks than just doing yet another drag race against a Tesla. This car will be back up and running within a few weeks. There will be maybe 2 or 3 more videos of it before he trades it for something new. The next one needs to be non ford as he will have gained all the clicks he can from the ford crowd. Suspect a new corvette next. These guys don't go round buying obscure cars that people have no affinity to... They buy things like AMG, Porsche, Pony cars etc, review them, turn them, crash them, then move them on. This is a job for them. Don't pity this fool for his stupidity. If this iteration didn't go bang, he would have tuned it a little more until it went bang. Note the act of going bang was filmed right.. didn't happen accidentally.

As you may have guessed I hate YouTube and all it has become. Total dumbing down for the sake of a quick buck. When I grew up kids aspired to be astronauts/pilots/explorers etc. Now my 8yr old believes making YouTube videos about toys is a legitimate career choice.
My daughter and son want to do a You Tube blog about things they cook. They genuinely want to do it to share ideas. I was all for it once I saw how serious and organized they were. Not doing it for followers. Some YouTube stuff is really helpful. I have been able to repair things myself by using it.
Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Unfortunately since the "youtuber who shall not be mentioned" is more of a street racer bro rather than a car guy that understands the engineering that goes into cars we'll probably never get an understanding of the root cause.

That being said I'm always amused at when I see on this forum (entire forum, all the way from the ecoboost to the GT500 guys) who will say they got some e-mail aftermarket tune that "eliminated the nannies" that ford or a partner like roush has built into their ECM calibrations. Not only are countless hours poured into the development of their calibrations, but these protections are put in not to restrict the driver but rather to protect other systems in the car as well as reliability.

Can you make more power by overriding and shutting off some ECM safety features? Absolutely! Though you're likely on borrowed time depending on your driving style. Lastly I'm curious if a lot these tunes only focus on WOT and sacrifice partial throttle drive-ability. Either way enough dunking on the aftermarket.

To me what makes the GT500 so impressive is not so much the power it makes, but how it can do it so with factory reliability as well as the overall execution by Ford Performance.

For those that think its no more than a bolt on affair, you should check out the youtube series called "Sorted" essentially they take a bunch of highly modified cars and in one of the tests they try and complete 10 laps in each car. Needless to say, most don't make it and the procharged S550 GT on it had what appeared to be a catastrophic failure. For the east coast portion they used a Stock corvette ZR-1 as a benchmark (it did 10 laps without issue) and by the previews it looks like they'll be using a GT500 for a benchmark on the west coast.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Do you know what cams ?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I agree. Good chance the cams would've survived.
Assuming the engine was full of oil. I've spit rods at least a dozen times and always had a shit ton of oil dripping off the car. I didn't see much oil dripping in the original video

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Cams:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter and son want to do a You Tube blog about things they cook. They genuinely want to do it to share ideas. I was all for it once I saw how serious and organized they were. Not doing it for followers. Some YouTube stuff is really helpful. I have been able to repair things myself by using it.
I don’t disagree. I have also found several informative videos on YouTube that have enabled me to fix central heating and other simple things round the house more swiftly. My issue is with people who make a career out of you tube, not with those who have a profession and post information on a sharing platform.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Pedant. :giggle:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
LOOSE - means not tight
LOSE - means to not win
Had to. Seeing this way too much lately, ie, "he is such a looser." UGH...

Lead...led...

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
I Use LEDfoot. 1) because I own an LED store, 2) LED Zeppelin

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Assuming the engine was full of oil. I've spit rods at least a dozen times and always had a shit ton of oil dripping off the car. I didn't see much oil dripping in the original video
He at least 2 holes in the block the size of Texas. Probably had lost most of his oil before he got it pulled over. Just a thought.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I would expect a bunch to be dripping off the bottom of the car.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Stangmode is annoying as f... I stopped watching when he listed it on Ebay... Total clickbait scammer, but hey, good on him brining in $ on being annoying; I don't get paid for it.

I don't see the fascination with the GT350/500's. I mean seriously, I can hit 155 in my GT. So they can go a little faster and sprint a bit quicker, is that really worth the 40K premium? We all have the same plastic doors...
Let me take you for a drive in my GT350. If you don't see the point of the GT350 then I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason the press praises the upgrades. It's not about the sprint to 155, it's what happens when you turn the wheel and grab a gear. It's basically the same as a GT3 to a 911 Carrera GTS. Both can go fast in a straight line, but it's what happens between the straights that makes one more special and capable than the other.
Sponsored