Sponsored

2024 Mach 1 replacement

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
How can any Mach 1 be a base car? It has so many options already installed. Same with a DH. You can say a DH has or doesn’t have option a or b but calling either of those cars “base” in any configuration is disingenuous.
A base mustang must have an ecoboost engine or a V6.
Hes talking about a Base Mach1 and a Premium Mach1. Base just means 0 added options. This may surprise you, but you can also have a Base GT500.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Can you remind me what was wrong with the S550 Bluetooth, please? I don’t recall reading about it. Thanks.
I think you missed my point. There was nothing wrong with the S550 interior-it did not need a damn IPAD on the dash. IMHO, the interior complaint was a way overblown knock on the S550 for several years running. You could get leather, bluetooth, apple car play, heated/cooled seats and a great digital dash.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How can any Mach 1 be a base car? It has so many options already installed. Same with a DH. You can say a DH has or doesn’t have option a or b but calling either of those cars “base” in any configuration is disingenuous.
I am not talking about all Mustangs for which the Ecoboost is the "base" car. I'm talking about a version which in this case is a Mach 1. The one on the left is the "base" Mach 1.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 3.11.45 PM.png

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Is there a base dark horse? I thought a base car was a no option ecoboost.
I'm not sure, but he did said starting MSRP is close to 70k. So it's safe to assume that he meant the lowest possible optioned DH.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but that is your definition of base and I'm 99% sure most would agree with me here. There is a base ecoboost and premium ecoboost. There is a base GT and premium GT. They even do the same thing with the convertibles. With the Mach 1 it's still the same thing, the base 600A and Premium 700A. Ford wouldn't separate their cars on their website without a reason. With the premium, you get a bit more than the base. Base also doesn't mean that it's bad, or that it's lacking critical components. It just means that you won't be getting everything that is available, by everything I mean options which are locked behind the "premium" model. For example, with base cars you get a cloth interior, but with the premium you get leather.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This new dark horse.
500hp, tremec, all the M1 goodies it sounds like
(and fugly….interior as well)
thoughts on M1 being upped so soon? Even the new GT has more power which was expected I guess.
Mehhhhhh,........
It's no S550. Plus, locked PCM. (Possible auto start/stop from what I've seen. 🤢)

And it's not as good looking as the Mach 1 cars. Not even close.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Dark Horse is really untunable?
It's supposed to have an over the air updates style ECM similar to ones that are encrypted so any changes done to it ET phones home to Ford that you modified it if it can even be done.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's supposed to have an over the air updates style ECM similar to ones that are encrypted so any changes done to it ET phones home to Ford that you modified it if it can even be done.
If it is locked, and that it TBD, companies affiliated with Ford will be able to offer performance upgrades. Whipple has already announced a SC for the S650. The smaller shops will, unfortunately, be unable to offer their products.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If it is locked, and that it TBD, companies affiliated with Ford will be able to offer performance upgrades. Whipple has already announced a SC for the S650. The smaller shops will, unfortunately, be unable to offer their products.
Yeah, they already collaborated on things like the Super Snake and prior generations before. It will be a very limited tune to run with it. It will only impact those pushing the high HP numbers that break things.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That engine rev had to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while. Now dumbass Mustang drivers are going to kill more people with a drift hand brake.
If nothing else it will definitely change how they rate insurance. Salvage yards will be norm.

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
What a base/non premium interior looks like on a S650.

BaseInterior 1jpeg.jpeg

I just can't accept the new interior, whether premium or base. I tried to look at it in a positive way, but I just can't find anything good about it. The flat bottom steering wheel is nice, but that chunky center makes me retract my statement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't look that much better to me in C8. In the end you have to accept two big displays that look like tablets (or one very wide one). Wouldn't be a problem for me if they were properly integrated into the dash and not stick out. But I guess it's a matter of acquired taste. Pretty sure I'd forget about it after some time and just enjoy the driving, in the end exteriour and driving is much more important to me than interiour.

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't look that much better to me in C8. In the end you have to accept two big displays that look like tablets (or one very wide one). Wouldn't be a problem for me if they were properly integrated into the dash and not stick out. But I guess it's a matter of acquired taste. Pretty sure I'd forget about it after some time and just enjoy the driving, in the end exteriour and driving is much more important to me than interiour.
I think it looks slightly better on the C8 just because it's at least trying to house in the tablet and it gives you the sense of having an actual dash. On the S650, it's just there and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It makes you feel that you don't have a dash, and there's just a tablet hooked up. I guess you can say it looks unfinished in my opinion. That is what's giving me so much trouble accepting it, the lack of a dash.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
What a base/non premium interior looks like on a S650.

BaseInterior 1jpeg.jpeg

I just can't accept the new interior, whether premium or base. I tried to look at it in a positive way, but I just can't find anything good about it. The flat bottom steering wheel is nice, but that chunky center makes me retract my statement.
Well that is not the actual interior. It is one piece of glass not two like this picture. Just sayin.
Sponsored