2022 Order Questions

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Does anyone know when the tracker will start working for 2022 models? I received my vin in early December, but every time I check the Ford tracker it says invalid info.
Same. I’ve been waiting for that link to work for 2 months now 🙄
Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Here is a tidbit for anyone wanting to get the latest status on a custom order. This morning I went to this website:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

There I clicked the link for the Chat function. (I did this on a computer, not a phone). A little chat pop-up window appeared, where I typed in few basic things - My name, dealer name, etc. A few seconds after I clicked the button to start the chat, a Ford agent started typing at me, asking what I wanted. I replied I just wanted to check on the latest status of my custom Mustang order. I then gave them my Dealer Code and Order Code (both are listed on the DORA sheet - that sheet you get when you place the order with your dealer). A few moments later the Ford agent did the lookup in their systems, and gave me the latest status on my Mustang order.

Simple, fast, and just what I needed to know.

Hope this helps any of you who want to find out the latest on your custom order, especially if you don't have a VIN yet.

Edit: A few more things I should mention. My dealer took my order in early December, including my name, email address, and even printed a DORA sheet for me to take home (which had the Dealer Code and Order Code). Strangely, I did not get a confirmation email from Ford about the order. I took this as a sign that the dealer didn't do something right. Days later I went back to the dealer and asked them to lookup my order. Lo and behold, the dealer forgot to turn the order from a "Preview order" to a "Submitted order", so it had been sitting in their system unsubmitted all that time. <<insert eyeroll>> And they forgot to attach my email address. The dealer then attached my email address to the order as they should have done in the first place, and submitted it. Just a few minutes later while still at the dealership, I checked my phone for the email, and that email finally did arrive from Ford confirming the order. I'm glad I went back to the dealer to check on it, for who knows how long my order would have sat as an unsubmitted order.

Edit 2: PART 2: Here is a link to a follow-up on this:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/page-2#post-3451065

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here is a tidbit for anyone wanting to get the latest status on a custom order. This morning I went to this website:

There I clicked the link for the Chat function. (I did this on a computer, not a phone). A little chat pop-up window appeared, where I typed in few basic things - My name, dealer name, etc. A few seconds after I clicked the button to start the chat, a Ford agent started typing at me, asking what I wanted. I replied I just wanted to check on the latest status of my custom Mustang order. I then gave them my Dealer Code and Order Code (both are listed on the DORA sheet - that sheet you get when you place the order with your dealer). A few moments later the Ford agent did the lookup in their systems, and gave me the latest status on my Mustang order.

Hope this helps any of you who want to find out the latest on your custom order, especially if you don't have a VIN yet.
I just did exactly this, and looks like my order was moved from production week of 1/17 to week of 1/10.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A

Edit: A few more things I should mention. My dealer took my order in early December, including my name, email address, and even printed a DORA sheet for me to take home (which had the Dealer Code and Order Code). Strangely, I did not get a confirmation email from Ford about the order. I took this as a sign that the dealer didn't do something right. Days later I went back to the dealer and asked them to lookup my order. Lo and behold, the dealer forgot to turn the order from a "Preview order" to a "Submitted order", so it had been sitting in their system unsubmitted all that time. <<insert eyeroll>> And they forgot to attach my email address. The dealer then attached my email address to the order as they should have done in the first place, and submitted it. Just a few minutes later while still at the dealership, I checked my phone for the email, and that email finally did arrive from Ford confirming the order. I'm glad I went back to the dealer to check on it, for who knows how long my order would have sat as an unsubmitted order.

Same thing happened to me, I did not explore any further until I realized there was supposed to be a verification email.

Ordered mine Mid-October right when bank opened. Realized 6 weeks later I was supposed to have an email, my dealer returned my call after 2 messages, said it had been submitted when we ordered it in mid-October, but they did not provide my email address which is why I received no verification, and my email will show it.

Received the email 10 minutes later, there was no order date on the email. I did get my DORA sheet as well, think the general manager of the dealership may be getting a call tomorrow. My salesman is a decent guy, but is nothing but an order taker for me, and managed to !@#$ that up.

Sat on a $45,000 purchase without actually submitting it, unbelievable.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
ford performance did say (not 100% sure) but they do believe something is in the works for cancel/reordered mach 1s.

1641246974113.png

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the Ford agent via Ford Performance "Chat" gave my order status today, it was:

"In order processing, Unscheduled / Clean"

"Unscheduled" means it does not have a build date yet. "Clean" means it is a good "clean" order -- there are no production holds placed on the order. The order is in the order bank waiting for the factory to pick it up.

With regard to my order, I've learned a lot about the process, thanks to all of you, the information on this forum, and my journey thus far. If I could rewind one month and better consult myself, this is what I would have told myself:

1. Go to the dealership and start a custom order. Verify that the dealer is using the WBDO ordering system (if not using WBDO, ask them what they are using to convey the order to Ford -- smoke signals, carrier pigeon).

2. While still at the dealership, make sure they take your contact information and email address. Verify they get it all correctly. Ask the dealer to print for you a DORA sheet fully showing: A) The Dealer Code, B) The Order Code, C) The Priority Code, and D) Your Email Address. Check it all while at the dealership, for accuracy and completeness.

3. If possible and you have your smartphone with you and connected to your email, see if you get the Ford order confirmation email right away, after the dealer says they submitted the order. Be a little wary if they say they will place the order "later" or soon. That was my mistake, walking away and believing them on that. If they are in WBDO while you are at the dealership, and they printed you a DORA sheet while you are standing there, they should be able to submit the order to Ford at that very moment. If not, ask why. If you don't get the email order confirmation from Ford right away (or within a business day), then that is when you might go back and hound the dealer to check your order in their system. Make sure they got your information correct, your email address correct, and actually *submitted* the order to Ford. Alas, this is where I failed.

4. Going forward, I am primarily using the following for checking my order:

and when I get the VIN (via a Ford order status email), I will also start using this:

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

2022-01-22 UPDATE: I have been trying the vehicle order tracking link above every day since I originally posted this, but the link/website is giving me no useful information. I am always getting this message from it:

This vehicle is not yet available in order tracking at this time, please check back later.

Capture.JPG

Just making the comment, for anyone else trying to use that link.

2022-01-26 UPDATE: Today is the first day that this link:

has worked to give real information. I am now seeing the following:

Capture.JPG

2022-02-10 UPDATE: Today is the first day that my Window Sticker became visible online:

Capture2.JPG

The Window Sticker is also directly viewable using the link below (just replace the X's with your VIN):

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Also, for the past couple of weeks, it seems this link has not been working for anyone:

Not sure if/when Ford will fix that.

2022-02-16 UPDATE: Today is the Blend Date, and also the first time the "Modules" have been visible (see below). Based on that, I believe my car has been built today.

Here is a post I made on how to access Modules data:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ordered-car-modules-online.171678/post-3482690

20220216-BCE Modules first seen.PNG

2022-02-17 UPDATE 1: On ford.com, the SYNC status has been updated for my vehicle. See this link for the full story:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...e-on-ford-com-with-sync-system-updates.171909

2022-02-17 UPDATE 2: Just received email from Ford, saying my vehicle has been built, and scheduled for delivery to my dealer in the first part of March (see below):

Capture.PNG

Window Sticker now has updated footer date of 2/17/2022.

2022-02-21 UPDATE: Received email this morning from Ford, saying the car has Shipped:

Capture.PNG

2022-02-24 UPDATE: Ford Order Tracking Website has not worked for me since late January. See above.

2022-02-25 UPDATE: My car's Window Sticker has a new footer date of 2/25/2022, indicating activity (likely a shipping status or location update).

2022-02-28 UPDATE: Chatted with Ford Performance this morning, and they informed me that my car is in fact on a train, and 3 days ago (2/25 -- when the Window Sticker was last updated) that train was near Chicago, IL (suburb of Blue Island, IL). ETA delivery date to my dealer in Oregon is still estimated to be 3/6 to 3/12. See below.

Capture.PNG

2022-03-07 UPDATE: Today I discovered that my car completed its Chicago to Portland train ride, rolling into town in the past day. It was just unloaded and recorded at the Ford rail yard here in the Portland area. After searching each day for the past week, I finally saw my car's VIN appear in the past couple hours indicating as such (see screenshot below) at the unitedroadlogistics.com website. Now it is just a matter of a delivery semi-truck picking it up and piggybacking the car about 10 miles from the rail yard area to the dealership. Hopefully should happen in the next day or two.

20220307-AtPortlandRailyard-FIRSTSEEN.PNG

2022-03-10 UPDATE: My car was delivered early this morning by semi truck from the railyard to the dealership. Ford Order Tracking System noted that (see below). I went to the dealership, finalized the deal, and took home the car!

20220310-FordOrderTracking-FinalPrep.PNG

20220310-FirstPicture.jpg

2022-03-11 UPDATE: (Day 2 of ownership) Washed the car. More pictures of the car in an album at the link below.

IMG_1040.jpg

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/media/albums/2022-mustang-gt-day-two.2885/

2022-03-15 UPDATE:
Granger Ford recently made Ford Protect Extended Service Plans available for purchase online, for Dealer Cost + $50. (See link just below for details) I followed up to Granger by email, and was immediately sent a quote by Brooke from the Granger Team. I was also able to apply all my new car purchase FordPass Rewards points (42,000 points total) toward the warranty, reducing the price by an additional $210. For the PremiumCare plan I chose (8-year/100K miles, with a $200 Deductible), the total price was $1095. I purchased it. It was the fastest, easiest and most inexpensive process -- Granger made it super easy.

Link to Granger Ford Protect Extended Service Plans Deal: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...nded-service-plan-50-over-dealer-cost.172989/

Last edited:

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Useless I insisted on a sales contract when placed my order in Sept soley because the chance of price inflation or dropped ball seemed to be high. It seems the dealer is on top of things though.....
My dealer did draw up a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, showing the itemization of the purchase and price. For my relatively simple GT Premium build, the price for my 2022 order was about $200 more than the same 2021 configuration.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well you should still get it for spring.

I asked the dealer to confirm order was accepted by Ford couple weeks after Oct '22 order book opened.

Then in late Nov I asked if it was priority 10 with VIN. At that time they told me being built week of Jan 10th....we'll see about that haha
Yup, I'm looking forward to a Spring delivery, be what it may. By then weather in the Pacific Northwest should be better for driving the GT.

On the topic of Priority Code, I have to share more. When I was at the dealership the second time, holding their feet to the fire to get my email address properly attached to the order, and the order actually submitted, I happened to be standing right in front of the guy known as the "Order Manager". He was on the WBDO system at the time. He looked at the WBDO screen and said my Priority Code was 19, then printed my DORA sheet showing it that way. Then, either as he hit the order submit button or just slightly after, his eyes opened up a bit more looking at the WBDO screen and said (almost in a way that surprised him):

"Guess what? Your Priority Code just changed from 19 to 10."

A few minutes later, I checked my phone and saw that I got the order confirmation email from Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
Thanks to everyone for the great info. I had a similar experience to several others. I placed my order on Dec 31 & did not receive confirmation. I stopped at the dealership yesterday AM & sales person said he forgot to attach my email. He had me resign a "Order Preview" form & said I should have a confirming email in a couple of hours but it never came. I contacted https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ & they were prompt & helpful. They confirmed my order is in the system ...clean & unscheduled. I called the dealer & they do not know what happened but are sending me the order number so I can follow status. Much appreciated!!!

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Same thing happened to me, I did not explore any further until I realized there was supposed to be a verification email.

Ordered mine Mid-October right when bank opened. Realized 6 weeks later I was supposed to have an email, my dealer returned my call after 2 messages, said it had been submitted when we ordered it in mid-October, but they did not provide my email address which is why I received no verification, and my email will show it.

Received the email 10 minutes later, there was no order date on the email. I did get my DORA sheet as well, think the general manager of the dealership may be getting a call tomorrow. My salesman is a decent guy, but is nothing but an order taker for me, and managed to !@#$ that up.

Sat on a $45,000 purchase without actually submitting it, unbelievable.

Update, thanks to the provided link, my order was confirmed as being placed on 10/19, still unscheduled. Thanks again!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I got my 21 M1 from Chapman, did everything by e mail and phone. The order was put in within hours and I received an e mail directly from Ford shortly after that confirming MY order with MY name. Then came the 5 month wait with lots of ups and downs. Hopefully we are past supply issue and all your 22 s will come thru faster.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Is it normal for an order to still be in processing? I ordered my M1 October 22, and had the confirmation email the next day. Is it due to it being an HP Mach, that it still shows processing ? The guy on the chat told me the factory has not received my order.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it normal for an order to still be in processing? I ordered my M1 October 22, and had the confirmation email the next day. Is it due to it being an HP Mach, that it still shows processing ? The guy on the chat told me the factory has not received my order.
For your order, I am going to guess that when the guy on your chat session said still "processing" -- that probably means that Ford has your order in the system, meaning it is in the order bank. Perhaps sitting there in the order bank with a status of "Unscheduled".

What I believe is that there are a bunch of orders that sit in the order bank. The Ford Factory looks into the order bank every so often and decides what orders to pull into Production (i.e. scheduling for Production). That, I believe, is when the VIN is assigned to the order.

So, when the guy on your chat session said the factory has not received the order, it probably means the Factory has not pulled your order from the order bank yet, and assigned the order to Production.
Sponsored