Sponsored

2022 Order Questions

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So, when the guy on your chat session said the factory has not received the order, it probably means the Factory has not pulled your order from the order bank yet, and assigned the order to Production.
not to mention his order will sit and rot till March anyhow.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
For your order, I am going to guess that when the guy on your chat session said still "processing" -- that probably means that Ford has your order in the system, meaning it is in the order bank. Perhaps sitting there in the order bank with a status of "Unscheduled".

What I believe is that there are a bunch of orders that sit in the order bank. The Ford Factory looks into the order bank every so often and decides what orders to pull into Production (i.e. scheduling for Production). That, I believe, is when the VIN is assigned to the order.

So, when the guy on your chat session said the factory has not received the order, it probably means the Factory has not pulled your order from the order bank yet, and assigned the order to Production.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
not to mention his order will sit and rot till March anyhow.
I don't like the term rot...:cwl: lets call it aging, like a fine whiskey.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Thanks for the detailed reply.
You are welcome.

I don't know all the inner details of what and how Ford does everything -- the cradle to grave processes of taking an order to Production, and ultimately getting it on a truck or train and then to a dealership. I work in a similar industry, where we take orders from customers, produce them, ship them, etc. I am one of those back-end IT/ERP guys who keeps the pulse on our information and production systems, that watch all the orders come in, see how they flow through the production line, get built-up, packaged, shipped and ultimately in the hands of the customer. I've been on teams where we design systems to keep customers informed and up-to-date (via email and status on our corporate website) to a certain level of information. Why did I say "certain level of information"? If you are wondering, then that is where things get interesting. I've told all our customer-facing business units (Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.) that we can design the systems to show and give the customer a lot more detail on order status and information. But we get a lot of push-back from those business units and managers. They often muzzle us from sharing too much information in our order/production systems with customers, because they are fearful of sharing that much information. Lots of reasons behind that, which I won't detail here. I'm sure if I had a talk with the Ford IT / ERP team(s), they might tell me of similar stories and woes.

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, that was fast. Or maybe someone from the Ford Factory is lurking in these forums and heard me and my gripes .... ;)

Very recently, I shared on this thread how my order was classified as "Unscheduled / Clean". My dealership originally took my order on 12/4. Then they sat on it until 12/14, when on that date I went back to bug them about it. Thus, the official order date according to Ford is 12/14. Only minutes ago, after my last post on this thread, I received the following (below) from Ford via email. So, looks like I have a 2/7 Production (week) and VIN assigned now. Sweet.

Capture.JPG

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The intentional lack of real time transparency is likely to avoid customer disatisfaction caused by unforseeable supply disruptions. It would be cool though.
What you say is very true. Spot on, and giving customers a lot information can cause issues, especially as schedules in the Factory shift and change on a daily basis.

I'm sure there are some customers (I count myself as one) who would love to see a richer level of detail and information as my car is being scheduled, assembled and shipped. And I could be understanding if dates and things changed through all those stages -- as long as that detail explained why things changed, if possible.

On the other hand, there are customers out there who might take such an abundance of information in the wrong way, causing possible confusion, anxiety and stress for such customers. As you say, and translating to dissatisfaction.

I think the other angle to this is the Factory and Dealer relationship. Imagine if customers could get much more information about their orders from the Factory. Dealers could be put into challenging situations with customers, if they are left to scramble and explain the plethora of details being spit out by the Factory.

So the system we have today is probably the result of a compromise, and as much of a mutual agreement between the Factory and Dealers: Give the customers some information about their orders, but don't give them too much.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Dave, I think your dealer was pulling your leg. Either that or you really found the dumbest dealer in the USA. With the addition of the available PP and MagneRide the 2022 CS should be the best one ever. And the most expensive.

Checkout some pics here……
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...performance-package-option-171071.html#agal_4
Nah, bet they just happen to have one in the dealership orders that just happens to be black without the p/p. and Thought he had it sold before it was produced.
Just a guess. Has any ford other than the model T only come in black?
They rather make a sale this month, than 2-6 down the road when Ford decides to produce it.

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
Nah, bet they just happen to have one in the dealership orders that just happens to be black without the p/p. and Thought he had it sold before it was produced.
Just a guess. Has any ford other than the model T only come in black?
They rather make a sale this month, than 2-6 down the road when Ford decides to produce it.
No. I think Bikeman is correct. The dealer sales person just did not know what he was doing. They had absolutely no 2021 convertibles in stock or in transit.

Sponsored

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Is it normal for an order to still be in processing? I ordered my M1 October 22, and had the confirmation email the next day. Is it due to it being an HP Mach, that it still shows processing ? The guy on the chat told me the factory has not received my order.
I placed an order in Oct and my status is "processing". Just contacted Ford today. I asked the question around late availability items like HP, which I have, and he said more than likely it is the reason

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I placed an order in Oct and my status is "processing". Just contacted Ford today. I asked the question around late availability items like HP, which I have, and he said more than likely it is the reason
We are in the same boat.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
No. I think Bikeman is correct. The dealer sales person just did not know what he was doing. They had absolutely no 2021 convertibles in stock or in transit.
Come on, Ford hasn't limited a vehicle color to just black since the model T.
They either have one that was coming, or they can trade for, or know they can get their hands on as a local dealer they work with, has one or has one in transit .
Even the most aloof salesman wouldn't say that a c/s can only be had in black. They have one somewhere or know of one they can get.

OP
OP
njlime

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
Come on, Ford hasn't limited a vehicle color to just black since the model T.
They either have one that was coming, or they can trade for, or know they can get their hands on as a local dealer they work with, has one or has one in transit .
Even the most aloof salesman wouldn't say that a c/s can only be had in black. They have one somewhere or know of one they can get.
I think you read this incorrectly.
1- I was ordering/have ordered a 2022 GT/CS Convertible.
2- To the best of my knowledge, there are no 2022 GT/CS models on order, except any that are custom orders assigned to customers.
3- I am now certain the dealer sales person did not know what he was doing.
4- For 2021, the CS is available in about (5) colors. Same for 2022 except some of the colors are different.
5- Using the 2021 configurator, if you spec a color that does not come in CS trim, the configurator defaults to "Black".
6-Although we do not yet have the 2022 configurator, it seems obvious that the Ford system used by the dealer to configure a 2022 model provides the same default.
7- As stated by Bikeman (I will be a bit more polite about it), the dealer just wasn't familiar with how the system worked, as confirmed by the next dealer who easily configured & processed my order.
8- The part that is hard to understand is that the dealer sales person has been at this dealership for about 5 years according to his bio. I guess Ford is so busy selling trucks that this guy just never configured a CS before.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
5- Using the 2021 configurator, if you spec a color that does not come in CS trim, the configurator defaults to "Black".
I never noticed this before. As black is the default color it makes sense if you pick a color that is not available. Of course, it’s a stretch to infer that black is the only color. :giggle:

C4052E16-062C-42C2-9AD6-DBAAAF332123.jpeg
Sponsored