NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you @traxiii that was me. glad to see youre back.
I would like to fit a strut tower over the whipple but the hood wont allow it. So no brace or new hood
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I would like to fit a strut tower over the whipple but the hood wont allow it. So no brace or new hood
You would like the GT500 hood, and so would your supercharger. :like: Planning on doing a resized and tweaked Mach1 decal for it. Stay tooned.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I thought it was mentioned it was possible to add spacers to clear the Whipple and the hood?

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was mentioned it was possible to add spacers to clear the Whipple and the hood?
Oh! I kinda remember that. Don't recall the details. I tried the aluminum foil trick and it was maybe not quite 2 inches clearance

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys seen the spacers Ford Performance give us as standard with RHD strut braces ?

1675292697627.jpeg

WD :like:

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys seen the spacers Ford Performance give us as standard with RHD strut braces ?

1675292697627.jpeg

No. Please do tell?

How is it that when someone is talking about a part there you are with it? :giggle:

"Torsen?" Yup WD gotta picture.
"Spacer for strut tower" check, another picture from the livingroom.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No. Please do tell?

How is it that when someone is talking about a part there you are with it? :giggle:

"Torsen?" Yup WD gotta picture.
"Spacer for strut tower" check, another picture from the livingroom.
Yeah, I take photos of everything ... :giggle:

RHD cars have a different shaped cowl brace which means the standard brace doesn't quite sit down flat (same problem for both the standard steel and the 350 alloy brace) :

1675322184066.jpeg

To fix the issue and avoid the need for a special RHD brace, FP decided to give us the dog bone spacers :

1675321807326.png

I don't know if FP have individual part numbers for those items ? They designed them to fit like this :

1675321871200.png

The FP info / details are attached :like:

I gifted my spacers to another RHD user who bought a second hand brace which came without the spacers, but before I did I measured them at just over 8mm thick including the coating :

1675322691695.jpeg

Note that using spacers that thick puts the nylock part of the nut very close to the top unthreaded part of the stud (or even makes it redundant) when fitted on the side of the car with the shorter studs.

I know its not relevant for you guys but I modified my brace so it didn't need the spacers :

1675322048232.jpeg

1675322067789.png

And then powder coated it black :

1675322811289.jpeg

1675322149874.jpeg

1675322827675.jpeg

Hope that helps ?

Attachments

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone gets a minute could you measure your splitter height on the stock HP springs? Just wondering how much of a drop I hae up front. I thought the BMR springs for the 350 said 1/2" up front and 1" rear but I cant find that anywhere.
I also wonder how much additional compression the springs might have with that massive S/C sitting up there
All my suspension is stock, non-HP wheels. I have 4 7/8" clearance...
DSC_2807.JPG

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
Jerry! You're not wrong but the honey do list kept me from doing anything else.
I have to get the rock blockers on soon to preserve my paint too
Hi Mike , not to get off topic on your amazing thread but could you post a picture of your rock blockers installed please ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove the car a little more yesterday since the weather turned nicer and sunny around 1PM and hit about 62 degrees.
The car itself is still amazing to me when compared to other Mustangs I have driven or rode in. The tightness yet smooth ride is non-mustang like in my opinion. I have been able to push it much and frankly I'm a little hesitant as I do not know this vehicle yet, but that will change soon.
I am still getting used to the power delivery of the Whipple. I did push the pedal a little harder during yesterdays drive. In 1st & 2nd I still kept the pedal to about half'ish winding up to about 5k RPM. I did do the same in third but did mash the go fast pedal all the way once or twice.
Again I am getting used to this set up but something that I noticed now a few times is a bit of hesitancy in the power application. When at half throttle I felt a quick half second where the power fell off but came right back. This happened many times and not just at half throttle, almost like I let off the pedal and came back into it but I didnt.
I did not notice it when I went full smash though.

The whipple tune is well overstated on its power numbers for sure. My old ride had 600 whp. My wife in the car yesterday said "it doesnt feel any different than the old one" - I said "yeah I think youre right". Now thats just the old butt dyno, but I know what 600 wheel feels like and so does she, this is absolutely not 700-750 whp - no way no how.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
The whipple tune is well overstated on its power numbers for sure. My old ride had 600 whp. My wife in the car yesterday said "it doesnt feel any different than the old one" - I said "yeah I think youre right". Now thats just the old butt dyno, but I know what 600 wheel feels like and so does she, this is absolutely not 700-750 whp - no way no how.
I read that the canned Whipple tune is not that good .... For the kind of investment you have there I would be headed to a good Dyno that can max out your power and
drivability concerns . Your issue sounds like a tuning - a/f mixture problem ...

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I read that the canned Whipple tune is not that good .... For the kind of investment you have there I would be headed to a good Dyno that can max out your power and
drivability concerns . Your issue sounds like a tuning - a/f mixture problem ...
Probably the case. I was hoping the canned tune would get me solid driveability and closer to 650-700. I still have to break this in some more as my mileage is about 200 and only 50 with the whipple. Will likely be going to JDM for tuning in the spring but will continue to use this tune for now. Hope for some more mild weather in the coming days too
Sponsored