2022 GT500 order thread

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Car is in a black hole. GM is trying to find out where it is. The rail car is no longer giving the old update. It’s back in Salem IL. The car I saw at the yard that I thought was mine is gone. So maybe on the trailer OTW to the dealership? It’s about a 2 hour drive from the yard to the dealership.
Same. The dealer said it would arrive between July 1-8. I called a few days ago to see what happened and they said now July 20-26. Makes me wonder if something happened to the car.

They attributed it to "shipping delays" and Ford using a new rail operator...
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Ford Performance gave an ETA of July 16-20 today which is more than what the GM was able to provide. The automated Union Pacific system last update was delivered July 8th with destination at Industry of July 11, then it went to the 14th, now the rail car is back in Salem.
I guess it's in the rail yard somewhere that I cannot see it or it's on a truck being driven around SE Texas. LOL.
Or it never got off the rail car and is in fact back in Salem. I doubt that but I would not be surprised.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ford Performance gave an ETA of July 16-20 today which is more than what the GM was able to provide. The automated Union Pacific system last update was delivered July 8th with destination at Industry of July 11, then it went to the 14th, now the rail car is back in Salem.
I guess it's in the rail yard somewhere that I cannot see it or it's on a truck being driven around SE Texas. LOL.
Or it never got off the rail car and is in fact back in Salem. I doubt that but I would not be surprised.
When the railcar arrives at industry it means that the railcar has reached its final destination and is waiting to be picked up and delivered to the dealer. Since the railcar is still in the Union Pacific system, you can still track the railcar. It is probably empty and is heading to another railyard where it can be reloaded with cars.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I’ll be doing a lot better once we found out the next round of scheduling 🤣🤣🤣🤣
when will we know lol, super curious if ill get scheduled

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Drove by the rail yard today and did not see the car I saw Saturday thinking it was mine. Hoping that means it's on a truck to South East TX!!!!!!
Did you see my car there? Been at the rail yard since 6/16 😭
675A0E3C-C153-4EDC-9BA6-C2BF10C33A05.jpeg

Sponsored

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Well I can confirm that they are still handing out allocations. Against all odds, my local small town dealer just got a CFTP package allocation so I'm getting another order in ASAP with a salesman who is a true enthusiast. It's been total crickets on my prior HE order so I may have to forgo getting that one. Im guessing the dealer really wants me to forget about it so they can sell it for some unearthly number.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Well I can confirm that they are still handing out allocations. Against all odds, my local small town dealer just got a CFTP package allocation so I'm getting another order in ASAP with a salesman who is a true enthusiast. It's been total crickets on my prior HE order so I may have to forgo getting that one. Im guessing the dealer really wants me to forget about it so they can sell it for some unearthly number.
Same dealership or two different dealerships?

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Same dealership or two different dealerships?
Very much different dealerships. One interesting note, my local dealer was very clear that they that they were not allowed to do a HE CFTP. CFTP yes, but not HE which I found interesting. It does appear it is artificially restricted in some way. Maybe it was simply first come first served up-until the magic number and then....no more.
Sponsored

Last edited: