2022 GT500 order thread

adaryanani

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2022 GT500HE
Plate attached. According to the spread sheet the chassis numbers aren't in order of vin as n0002 has a higher higher vin than n0007
Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:
Sponsored

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Just got an update from Tony:

Your GT500 is in production. ETA for assembly line completion is May-26-2022. ETA to dealer should be populated in the tracker soon after completion.

Exciting times!

I am in the Bay Area, CA. Approximately how long is the journey from MI to here? I got travel plans in June/July....

:headbang:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

Your GT500 is in production. ETA for assembly line completion is May-26-2022. ETA to dealer should be populated in the tracker soon after completion.

Exciting times!

I am in the Bay Area, CA. Approximately how long is the journey from MI to here? I got travel plans in June/July....

My car left the plant on May 20. My estimates are June 16-22. So it can take almost a monthā€”could arrive sooner or later.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP

Exciting times!

Your dealer will have a rail car number that you can use to track its progress.
Iā€™m not where I can look up the process for you. But search for rail car tracking and it should show up. Snoop may have it handy.
Review this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt500-questions.144403/#post-2957000

Last edited:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Window sticker popped up yesterday and the Blend date of 5/31 showing. Its finally happening. 13 months after original 2021 order was placed!

Sponsored

webspoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Code Orange
Window sticker popped up yesterday and the Blend date of 5/31 showing. Its finally happening. 13 months after original 2021 order was placed!
Same here, 6/2 blend. Hope it moves through the build delivery without too many delays.

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Nice! Tell me about it, my first order was back in August 2021.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Nice! Tell me about it, my first order was back in August 2021.
Did your 21 get a VIN and then scrapped come the end of the year? Thats what I was. I was august 21 then september and it got constantly pushed for material shortages

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Did your 21 get a VIN and then scrapped come the end of the year? Thats what I was. I was august 21 then september and it got constantly pushed for material shortages
It did not get a VIN, but after talking to various dealers and researching here, I came to the conclusion that this particular dealer was blowing smoke up my a**. They kept telling me to wait to re-order and etc. etc, so I just asked for my deposit back and they gladly did it.

I went to a different dealer in December, they took my order and it was accepted.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It did not get a VIN, but after talking to various dealers and researching here, I came to the conclusion that this particular dealer was blowing smoke up my a**. They kept telling me to wait to re-order and etc. etc, so I just asked for my deposit back and they gladly did it.

I went to a different dealer in December, they took my order and it was accepted.
People talk about ADM being a crime, I'd rather pay a reasonable ADM than be lied to. You really shouldn't have to do tons of research and learn dealer tactics to be able to take your money and buy the vehicle you want. Without deception and lying.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
People talk about ADM being a crime, I'd rather pay a reasonable ADM than be lied to. You really shouldn't have to do tons of research and learn dealer tactics to be able to take your money and buy the vehicle you want. Without deception and lying.
True but at the same time, customers should not be having to make all the concessions. If people are suddenly grateful just to be treated with basic respect and willing to pay for it, we are allowing dealers to lower the bar on basic morality.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
True but at the same time, customers should not be having to make all the concessions. If people are suddenly grateful just to be treated with basic respect and willing to pay for it, we are allowing dealers to lower the bar on basic morality.
Moral behavior and auto dealers ???????? Since when is purchasing a vehicle a moral decision ??? I think we expect to be treated fairly but "caveat emptor" to all buyers. It's a sellers market right now and any capitalist in their right mind would take advantage of that.. I paid a fair ADM on my 2020 500 and will pay a ADM on my 22 or 23 which ever I end up with, if any, we will see :like:

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Moral behavior and auto dealers ???????? Since when is purchasing a vehicle a moral decision ??? I think we expect to be treated fairly but "caveat emptor" to all buyers. It's a sellers market right now and any capitalist in their right mind would take advantage of that.. I paid a fair ADM on my 2020 500 and will pay a ADM on my 22 or 23 which ever I end up with, if any, we will see :like:

Well sure, purchasing a car isnā€™t. How people treat each other regardless of the situation is however. Capitalism has nothing to do with it. Sure, I can understand the viewpoint in a sellers market but just because I can understand or empathize with a viewpoint does not validate the truth of that viewpoint. I will also be paying ADM, and the dealer was upfront about it so I do appreciate that. My specific point related only to what I saw as an implied ā€œbeing ok with ADM just because the dealer has basic decencyā€. Itā€™s an admittedly subtle point.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
This. Dealers pay to be apart of the Shelby program, and most will only get one allocation, Ford sales arenā€™t like they were before. And at this price I imagine most of us are showing up with cash or a check from a friendly credit union so theyā€™re not making money on the rate. Iā€™m thankful to pay a reasonable ADM on the exact car I wanted knowing full well the dealer could just order what they want and stick a crazy ADM on it for someone who will pay it. Or worse, take a deposit and say MSRP and never fulfill the order.
Sponsored