Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
You didn't say anything different than what I did. The order is on hold until an allocation is given to the dealer and then assigned to the order that's on hold.

We all know that every dealer enrolled in the program gets at least one allocation, and additional allocations are given out based on previous years sales.
I was commenting to your example regarding Suburbans. There are several hundred thousand orders placed by dealers in the system for F-150s. Those orders have individual priorities assigned based upon what the dealers want for stock or customer orders. The plant shifts production all over the map to fill orders based upon part’s availability, colors and dealer desires, etc. That is pretty much a free-wheeling system that works on its own.
That process has nothing to do with specialty vehicles. Trying to equate them is pointless.
Just cautioning people to be careful who they are dealing with. A cold call to a dealer 500 miles away who promises an MSRP deal could be blind luck or a pipe dream to get your deposit money.
Honest dealers will tell you an order today means nothing. He should also tell you that you are #xx on his list. Long term relationships with honest dealers are generally the best bet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Well my 2021 order was one of the ones with a VIN that got axed by ford, so my allocation has been given back to the dealer for a 22. Order has been put in as the following

CFTP
Atlas Blue
White painted OTT
Technology Package
Blue Car cover

Ford is supposed to give these Allocations priority build once the Shelby line opens back up. We shall see.
I talked to my dealer and they were in the same boat. They had a ‘21 on order cancelled and the buyer moved on so he said they would be getting an extra ‘22 allocation and that their first order would get a priority from the district rep. He also mine will be there first order so he’s pushing for an early car. I really don’t care when I get it but it would be killer for my birthday late April.
-J

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I placed an order on a 22 Code Orange gt500 since I miss comp orange boss302.
That’s a good looking color to me. It reminds me of a cross between ‘04 Comp Orange and ‘93 Vibrant Red.
I like oranges that are closer to red personally.
-J

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Ordered my 2022 Heritage, very exciting !!

Sponsored

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 cobra 14 gt500
That’s a good looking color to me. It reminds me of a cross between ‘04 Comp Orange and ‘93 Vibrant Red.
I like oranges that are closer to red personally.
-J
I like the fact its not on the ecoboost and gt only on gt500 of the 3 models

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
Placed an "order" but waiting on dealer to confirm their allocation with Ford. A tad concerned it may not pan out seeing all these posts about receiving a confirmation that an order has been placed.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Allocations have not been released yet. They will get at least one so if a base car and you are number one, you are good. If a CFTP or if someone else has taken their one guaranteed allocation, then it's a crap shoot.

If they are a Ford Performance (I think that's what they are called) dealership, then they get several allocations and CFTP allocations. Your dealership should know if they are a Ford Performance dealership (whatever the official term is) or not.
Placed an "order" but waiting on dealer to confirm their allocation with Ford. A tad concerned it may not pan out seeing all these posts about receiving a confirmation that an order has been placed.

Last edited:

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I just placed a new order with another dealership here in the SF Bay Area. Most dealers here are taking orders and advising they don't know their allocations just yet, not until early 2022. It seems an order around here is just putting your name in the queue to order once they get their allocations set. I am #2 on the list at the dealer, the first is a CFTP and mine is the second, Non-CFTP.

I am also working with another dealer, and they don't want to take my order until they know their true allocations, it seems very trustworthy so I feel like giving them my business as well.

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I have an opportunity to get a 2022 GT500 Heritage Edition, Brittany Blue, painted stripes, all the extras, the dealer already ordered it. It can be mine. Does anybody know what dealers are asking over msrp?

Sponsored

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 cobra 14 gt500
I have an opportunity to get a 2022 GT500 Heritage Edition, Brittany Blue, painted stripes, all the extras, the dealer already ordered it. It can be mine. Does anybody know what dealers are asking over msrp?
They can change the order to whatever you like. It doesn’t matter if they ordered it you can change it your liking if they wanted too. Allocation has not been passed out.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
$5,000 to $30,000 ADM. Sometimes more.

Last edited:

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Ordered my 2022 Heritage, very exciting !!
$5,000 to $30,000 ADM. Sometimes more.
How is everyone ordering 2022's already? My two dealers--one that I ordered my GT350R Heritage from--the other my Raptor--said the order windows are not open yet. They even asked their District Reps when it will happen--no reply yet.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
How is everyone ordering 2022's already? My two dealers--one that I ordered my GT350R Heritage from--the other my Raptor--said the order windows are not open yet. They even asked their District Reps when it will happen--no reply yet.
orders can be submitted to the order Bank but since allocations are not yet known anywhere, all they're doing is sitting there and if the dealer doesn't get an allocation that submitted order does nothing. The talk of the town is that allocation should be known next month.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
orders can be submitted to the order Bank but since allocations are not yet known anywhere, all they're doing is sitting there and if the dealer doesn't get an allocation that submitted order does nothing. The talk of the town is that allocation should be known next month.
Okay--makes sense. Maybe I can have 10 dealers all order me one and see who hits! Merry Christmas.
Sponsored