Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 did not have the tech package and I never wished I had ordered it. Not really a fan of all the extra tech. I’m not familiar with the priority code system.
Can you shed some light on the topic for me?
per @Snoopy49 ... "Have your dealer change the Priority to a 10. This is the highest priority a dealer can assign to a Retail (Customer) order."
Sponsored

2020iconic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F150 Roush
My 2020 did not have the tech package and I never wished I had ordered it. Not really a fan of all the extra tech. I’m not familiar with the priority code system.
Can you shed some light on the topic for me?
I agree with you. My ‘20 didnt have the tech package either. If i would have ordered my CFTP i would not have gotten the Tech package. But the ‘21 I found had it and everything else I wanted at a reasonable price

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
I'd like to confirm an option combination before placing the final order with my dealer. They haven't sold many GT500's, so I'm wanting to double check their guidance.

Can I combine the "all manual" Recaro's (no heat/ ventilation, no memory etc.) with the technology package? For reference, I'm getting the handling package and not CFTP.

Thanks!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to confirm an option combination before placing the final order with my dealer. They haven't sold many GT500's, so I'm wanting to double check their guidance.

Can I combine the "all manual" Recaro's (no heat/ ventilation, no memory etc.) with the technology package? For reference, I'm getting the handling package and not CFTP.

Thanks!
Yes you can, but there is not a handling package offered for 2022. They did away with it so you can only get a "base" or a CFTP

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that the handling package is still available, but the carbon fiber handling package was eliminated.

Perhaps I'm wrong?
So yes, you can get a handling package, but not a CFHP. My bad if I misunderstood you.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
So yes, you can get a handling package, but not a CFHP. My bad if I misunderstood you.
One step closer. GM said he will finalize it Monday and get my deposit.
CFTP with HE but notice the fine print on the bottom.
In the end I think I am one step closer.

GT500 2022.png
How were you able to place an order? My GM says the order window is not open yet--and can't order any 2022s. I am looking for a Heritage as well to go with my 2020 GT350R HEP. I guess I can start calling across the country. :(

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
How were you able to place an order? My GM says the order window is not open yet--and can't order any 2022s. I am looking for a Heritage as well to go with my 2020 GT350R HEP. I guess I can start calling across the country. :(
The only way I can explain it is it’s not an order through Ford corporate. It’s something the dealership can do??? I’m not exactly clear on it all myself. I won’t feel 100% comfortable until the order banks are open and a real order is placed. Maybe I’m wrong and it is a real order. I dunno.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
The only way I can explain it is it’s not an order through Ford corporate. It’s something the dealership can do??? I’m not exactly clear on it all myself. I won’t feel 100% comfortable until the order banks are open and a real order is placed. Maybe I’m wrong and it is a real order. I dunno.
Got it.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
My guy says the order banks aren’t really open yet. Anyone can create an order summary in the system and FP can see and read it back to you. The dealers will gladly take your deposit. But nothing happens until the Regional Managers create the allocations to each dealer early next year.
Happy Hunting!

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
Not sure about Ford, but the way GM works, and it sounds like this is likely similar, is that orders go into the system, but then sit there until a dealer has an allocation to apply to it.

It's a bit of semantics to argue about whether it is or isn't a real order, but what is true is it isn't going to get built or scheduled until allocations are released and applied.

Now, the real unknown, is whether when allocations go out, and start getting applied to orders, do those of us with orders in the system and timestamps when those orders go in, get scheduled ahead of people who's orders go in at the same time as the allocations are given out.

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
Two elaborate a bit. In talking to my local Jeep/GM dealer, he currently has 8 suburbans on order, the first six are on hold by GM, because as configured, GM isn't building them right now. Last week, the dealer got two allocations, and they were applied to orders 7 and 8 in his system, but would have been applied to the others first, if they weren't on hold.

So, do we say the order bank for Surbans aren't open if the particular build is on hold by GM, or the order doesn't have an allocation? No, of course not. That's why I say it's a bit semantics. If the Ford order system lets them place an order, it's clearly an order in the system, that Ford Performance can see, including priority, etc. However, it's an order without an allocation.

The allocation system isn't something unique or restricted to GT500's or even rare/limited build cars.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Two elaborate a bit. In talking to my local Jeep/GM dealer, he currently has 8 suburbans on order, the first six are on hold by GM, because as configured, GM isn't building them right now. Last week, the dealer got two allocations, and they were applied to orders 7 and 8 in his system, but would have been applied to the others first, if they weren't on hold.

So, do we say the order bank for Surbans aren't open if the particular build is on hold by GM, or the order doesn't have an allocation? No, of course not. That's why I say it's a bit semantics. If the Ford order system lets them place an order, it's clearly an order in the system, that Ford Performance can see, including priority, etc. However, it's an order without an allocation.

The allocation system isn't something unique or restricted to GT500's or even rare/limited build cars.
What you describe applies to F150s and the like. But GT500s and Ford GTs are handled one-on-one between the District Managers and the dealership GM. Ford Performance has absolutely nothing to do with the process.
“Orders” placed for specialty vehicles mean essentially nothing in the process. There are likely 2-3 times more orders than allocations will ever be available. The blogs are covered with people who were promised an order by a salesman/GM, betting on getting an allocation. Then they promise that order was rolled over to the next year, and the story continues.
I’ve been through this process many times over the past few decades: my dad owned a dealership and I have a brother and son still in the business (how I got my all of cars).
I hope everyone gets what they hope for and dream about. But make sure you are dealing with a sales person you know well and trust. It’s your cash at risk and until there are allocations given by District Managers, zero happens.

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
What you describe applies to F150s and the like. But GT500s and Ford GTs are handled one-on-one between the District Managers and the dealership GM. Ford Performance has absolutely nothing to do with the process.
“Orders” placed for specialty vehicles mean essentially nothing in the process. There are likely 2-3 times more orders than allocations will ever be available. The blogs are covered with people who were promised an order by a salesman/GM, betting on getting an allocation. Then they promise that order was rolled over to the next year, and the story continues.
I’ve been through this process many times over the past few decades: my dad owned a dealership and I have a brother and son still in the business (how I got my all of cars).
I hope everyone gets what they hope for and dream about. But make sure you are dealing with a sales person you know well and trust. It’s your cash at risk and until there are allocations given by District Managers, zero happens.
You didn't say anything different than what I did. The order is on hold until an allocation is given to the dealer and then assigned to the order that's on hold.

We all know that every dealer enrolled in the program gets at least one allocation, and additional allocations are given out based on previous years sales.
Sponsored