Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
So who is going to be the first to get a VIN???
Me for sure.

On a serious note:

How many of you all are getting the Extended Service Plan (ESP)?

Extended warranty?

@Houston Kid you already sold your 2020, right? I can't imagine having the ESP on that was worth it if you had one.

Also, do any of you plan to keep it outside or plan to not garage it regularly? Mine will probably be 50/50 garage and driveway. But I'll probably put an f150 parked behind it for extra protection. šŸ˜
Sponsored

Last edited:

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So who is going to be the first to get a VIN???
So when I was placing my order I saw something about a paint hold for CO until Feb 7th.

Also I saw "Shelby requirement hold override". There like a mid March date attached to that. Wondering if VIN's start getting issued mid-late March.

I still don't have a VIN and will def let yall know when I do. Checking everyday.

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Me for sure.

On a serious note:

Extended warranty?

@Houston Kid you already sold your 2020, right? I can't imagine having the ESP on that was worth it if you had one.

Also, do any of you plan to keep it outside or plan to not garage it regularly? Mine will probably be 50/50 garage and driveway. But I'll probably put an f150 parked behind it for extra protection. šŸ˜
Not planning on an ESP for mine but I think you have the entire 3/36k warranty period to make that decision.
Anyone to clarify?
On the garage kept question, I donā€™t get panic attacks but keeping this car outside overnight regularly would probably start them for me :)
I know everyoneā€™s situation is different but Iā€™d find any way possible to keep it inside. No offense but if you have a garage what would override a new 500 on the garage priority list?
I wonā€™t like parking outside my office regularly or at the golf course even. I know itā€™s just a car but itā€™s a tough call.
I daily drive a Charger Hellcat thru 3 winters and currently a Jeep Trackhawk so Iā€™m sure that others say the same for my choices.
-J

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Me for sure.

On a serious note:

Extended warranty?

I did sell it. I did not get an extended plan on the 2020. I am considering getting it for the 2022 though. It will be driven a lot to include track days, both road and drag stip. It will live in the garage though.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Me for sure.

On a serious note:

Extended warranty?

No ESPs for me. They sell you them based on irrationally fearful what-if scenarios. I would not buy the car if I expected to need it.

Regarding storage, itā€™s a modern car and I believe it can handle the weather. Garage is optimal of course but mine has been fine in a non-controlled environment. Iā€™ve driven it through winter even with snow around. Obviously not mashing the gas until Iā€™m clear of gravel and the tires are warm. UV is the bigger issue IMO. Physical security is another matter, not a concern at all where I live but others likely have very different scenarios.

Could always rent a small storage unit with climate if you do not have a garage.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Not planning on an ESP for mine but I think you have the entire 3/36k warranty period to make that decision.
Anyone to clarify?
On the garage kept question, I donā€™t get panic attacks but keeping this car outside overnight regularly would probably start them for me :)
I know everyoneā€™s situation is different but Iā€™d find any way possible to keep it inside. No offense but if you have a garage what would override a new 500 on the garage priority list?
I wonā€™t like parking outside my office regularly or at the golf course even. I know itā€™s just a car but itā€™s a tough call.
I daily drive a Charger Hellcat thru 3 winters and currently a Jeep Trackhawk so Iā€™m sure that others say the same for my choices.
-J
You're cool. I like how you think. Owning a nice car and the anxiety that comes with it is something I've tried to reconcile over the years. It's a lesson in emotional intelligence but not an easy one.

But to your point, I've got a live in girlfriend with our newborn daughter. So them being able to have the protection from the elements in winter and inclimate at times is a definite override priority. Other than that... sometimes just waiting for that door to open is annoying. šŸ˜

I have been REALLY enjoying my 18 GT the last couple years and a part of that enjoyment has been not worrying about birds shitting on it and the sun drying out the dashboard...along with theft. Just parking it wherever and going about my day is a huge boon.

I'd love to know how current and future GT500 owners mitigate this gigantic 1st world issue. Hats off to the car owners of even more expensive cars and how they deal with it. I guess a lot of it comes down to emotions rather than, "well, that's what I have insurance for" type of mentality.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
No ESPs for me. They sell you them based on irrationally fearful what-if scenarios. I would not buy the car if I expected to need it.

Regarding storage, itā€™s a modern car and I believe it can handle the weather. Garage is optimal of course but mine has been fine in a non-controlled environment. Iā€™ve driven it through winter even with snow around. Obviously not mashing the gas until Iā€™m clear of gravel and the tires are warm. UV is the bigger issue IMO. Physical security is another matter, not a concern at all where I live but others likely have very different scenarios.

Could always rent a small storage unit with climate if you do not have a garage.
Yea, the UV is the thing. I use a window reflector shield for the dash but the UV on all the plastics around the windows and doors and such. I guess I'm used to seeing old school car's trim get weathered and those parts are hard to replace. So I was curious how many of us are going to allow are cars to back and freeze. B

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're cool. I like how you think. Owning a nice car and the anxiety that comes with it is something I've tried to reconcile over the years. It's a lesson in emotional intelligence but not an easy one.

But to your point, I've got a live in girlfriend with our newborn daughter. So them being able to have the protection from the elements in winter and inclimate at times is a definite override priority. Other than that... sometimes just waiting for that door to open is annoying. šŸ˜

I have been REALLY enjoying my 18 GT the last couple years and a part of that enjoyment has been not worrying about birds shitting on it and the sun drying out the dashboard...along with theft. Just parking it wherever and going about my day is a huge boon.

I'd love to know how current and future GT500 owners mitigate this gigantic 1st world issue. Hats off to the car owners of even more expensive cars and how they deal with it. I guess a lot of it comes down to emotions rather than, "well, that's what I have insurance for" type of mentality.
I have a good friend with several nice higher end cars. He has the protective wrap put on first week whenever he buys a new one. He is always asking me why I donā€™t wrap mine. My response is itā€™s a car that I drive and track. If it gets a chip here or there, well itā€™s building itā€™s character.
Mine are not show pieces and meant to be driven. I do meticulous maintenance and keep them washed and cleaned but have zero concerns about chips in the paint. If it happens it happens.

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
surprised this thread is quiet right now. a few guys over at fordgt500 forum are saying they got their VINs and build weeks (4/4). my dealer expects mine over the weekend, we'll see, but things are starting to roll...
Best news Iā€™ve heard all week!!

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
so 3/21 is supposed to be the 1st build week, i know a guy with VIP status and a CFTP HE starting then. i havent seen anyone post 3/28 week, but now we have confirmed 4/4 week. i'm priority code 1 so i'm hoping to find out monday if i am 3/28 or 4/4 or somewhere thereabouts. not sure if ford even does once per week builds or every other (3/21, 4/4). but again this is all good news and we're starting to see movement and we should be hearing more guys getting VINs shortly.

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
surprised this thread is quiet right now. a few guys over at fordgt500 forum are saying they got their VINs and build weeks (4/4). my dealer expects mine over the weekend, we'll see, but things are starting to roll...
Yea, all the talk on here chastising people who talked about their preview orders and were told they weren't "real orders" and the like....

My preview order was picked up by Ford for allocation and is expected to have VIN assigned and manufacturing week assigned within the next week or so, according the Ford rep.

I hope people didn't hold off getting orders in based on the bad advice/lecturing some were doing. I had my order (preview) in when ordering bank was open on 11/15 or 11/16 or something like that. Looks like they are probably filling the oldest orders first for any given region.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Yea, all the talk on here chastising people who talked about their preview orders and were told they weren't "real orders" and the like....

My preview order was picked up by Ford for allocation and is expected to have VIN assigned and manufacturing week assigned within the next week or so, according the Ford rep.

I hope people didn't hold off getting orders in based on the bad advice/lecturing some were doing. I had my order (preview) in when ordering bank was open on 11/15 or 11/16 or something like that. Looks like they are probably filling the oldest orders first for any given region.
Orders are picked up by allocations assigned by the Regional Managers. When your order was placed has little/nothing to do with the process.
VINs and build dates are updated on Thursdays. Dealers can see these actions matched to their allocations late that day or Friday.
Good luck!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

No one was chastising anyone, they were informing people that a "Preview Order" is not a real order until an order has been submitted and verified by a VOC and DORA.

Just because you have a preview order does not mean the dealer submitted it to the order bank. When he submits the order he immediately receives a "Vehicle Order Confirmation" (VOC) confirming the order was received into the order bank. The next day he should receive a "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" (DORA), this acknowledges that the order was received.

VOC

2020 GT500 Updated and Clean VOC.jpg

DORA

DORA - 2020 GT500 Cln.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called my GM today. He was out sick all week. Said he should have an update by COB today.
Sponsored