2022 GT500 order thread

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
No one was chastising anyone, they were informing people that a "Preview Order" is not a real order until an order has been submitted and verified by a VOC and DORA.

Just because you have a preview order does not mean the dealer submitted it to the order bank. When he submits the order he immediately receives a "Vehicle Order Confirmation" (VOC) confirming the order was received into the order bank. The next day he should receive a "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" (DORA), this acknowledges that the order was received.
I hear what you are saying, and don't disagree that it's not an allocated order until the VOC/DORA are received by the dealer, but it was the preview order that that Ford rep selected to give an allocation to. Based on what I've been told, if we didn't have the preview order in, it's likely the rep would have chosen a different dealer with a customer order to give the allocation to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
There are only a few guys in here that seem to know the real answers. Listen to those guys.
My dealer GM said they have a new RM and she is trying to be in his good graces (higher volume dealer) and heā€™s expecting my order (their only confirmed buyer with a deposit) to be pulled early. It also depends on options and supply chain for those options.
He still trying to get me to order a CFTP and now that you can do a HE CFTP itā€™s got me second guessing myself. I still think for that money Iā€™d rather take my base at MSRP and do the Shelby American KR package.
I will never complain that Iā€™m fortune enough to have to make a call on which Shelby to order :)
-J

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ā€˜22 Gt500 on order
surprised this thread is quiet right now. a few guys over at fordgt500 forum are saying they got their VINs and build weeks (4/4). my dealer expects mine over the weekend, we'll see, but things are starting to roll...
when did you place your order? Carry over for canceled 21?

Sponsored

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
late November. and yes dealer had his 21's canceled.
Awesome thanks. Just trying to get an Idea. I ordered mine November 26th hoping I hear something soon. Have been stressing!

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Well for giggles I checked with FP. They verified it would be a couple weeks so that week 10 thing still applies. I guess I should have assumed it would since the original press release said they wouldnā€™t start building until spring.
There are only a few guys in here that seem to know the real answers. Listen to those guys.
My dealer GM said they have a new RM and she is trying to be in his good graces (higher volume dealer) and heā€™s expecting my order (their only confirmed buyer with a deposit) to be pulled early. It also depends on options and supply chain for those options.
He still trying to get me to order a CFTP and now that you can do a HE CFTP itā€™s got me second guessing myself. I still think for that money Iā€™d rather take my base at MSRP and do the Shelby American KR package.
I will never complain that Iā€™m fortune enough to have to make a call on which Shelby to order :)
-J
Get the KR so we can see it!

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
-J
I'm on the wait list for a KR. I couldn't figure out if there is any warranty on it. I know it voids the Ford warranty, but does it come with a Shelby American powertrain warranty?

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
Man. Still waiting to hear back on a 22. No word yet on allocations. Nervous seeing some of these although a few are 21 rollover orders.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
right there with you!
Yep. GM said maybe by weeks end he will know more.
So the wait continues. I know Iā€™m getting one, well a confirmed order eventually that is, but although GM says a CFTP is no problem, until I see it confirmed, Iā€™m going to be anxious.

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
Man. Still waiting to hear back on a 22. No word yet on allocations. Nervous seeing some of these although a few are 21 rollover orders.
Neither me or dealer had a cancelled '21 and I'm told I'm selected and it will go to priority one and get VIN in a week or two.

Do you have a preview order in or just waiting for dealer to get allocation.

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
Neither me or dealer had a cancelled '21 and I'm told I'm selected and it will go to priority one and get VIN in a week or two.

Do you have a preview order in or just waiting for dealer to get allocation.
Waiting unfortunately.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Yep. GM said maybe by weeks end he will know more.
So the wait continues. I know Iā€™m getting one, well a confirmed order eventually that is, but although GM says a CFTP is no problem, until I see it confirmed, Iā€™m going to be anxious.
Same here, have non CFTP deal @MSRP but smaller dealer they said they get one per year and I got it but just worried it wonā€™t be built until fall. I order back in November.
They keep saying should heat something butā€¦..
Sponsored