Sponsored

2022 GT500 at MSRP

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
A few weeks ago, I did have an offer from a local dealer but it had to come with the CFTP. That's too much blood from this turnip. 80k is crazy enough but I couldn't imagine spending 100k+ for a MooStang. I'd rather buy an almost finished RestoMod and a double cheeseburger first. ..but that's just me.
LOL
What type of restomod? I LOVE the pro-touring cars but they are even way more than the CFTP cars. :crazy:
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL
What type of restomod? I LOVE the pro-touring cars but they are even way more than the CFTP cars. :crazy:
My first love is Novas so any variation of 66 to 72 in Protouring trim. A ā€˜57 Ford Custom 300 would also be acceptable. 67-70 Fastbacks are also on the top of the list. Iā€™ve had some version of all of them as a youngling but Iā€™d love to start again with the budgets Iā€™d have now.

the thing about restomods and protouring is that there isnā€™t one single $$ price tag associated with it so the wife canā€™t kill me when I say how much it would cost, lol.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My first love is Novas so any variation of 66 to 72 in Protouring trim. A ā€˜57 Ford Custom 300 would also be acceptable. 67-70 Fastbacks are also on the top of the list. Iā€™ve had some version of all of them as a youngling but Iā€™d love to start again with the budgets Iā€™d have now.

the thing about restomods and protouring is that there isnā€™t one single $$ price tag associated with it so the wife canā€™t kill me when I say how much it would cost, lol.
I hear that man. Nice.
I like the old school Novas. I would like to do a '70 Chevelle in pro-touring form. (Never gonna happen though. lol)

I'd have to have the best of the best like the DSE subframe and all those goodies. The Roadster Shop makes some killer chassis as well. But,...I can't afford that build. It would easily top 150k. Easily. lol

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I just placed an order for a 2021 GT500 last week and I am wondering if I should have waited for a 2022. But really, when would 2022 order banks open up for the GT500s? One dealer here told me more like December/January not October. I am not sure what to doā€¦

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dealers I know of that will sell at sticker already have a list of interested parties for '22 allocations. I've all but given up on buying one at this point but will make the final call in late winter when I'd want to order. I'm starting to feel like I've spent too much time screwing around trying to have one of these already, not to mention I'd never use it as is its intent.

While we're now on the topic of alternatives, I was two hours too late one day this week in scoring a bucket list car at the local collector car emporium. A well optioned 1970 Torino GT 429CJ (shaker car) in Calypso Coral. Ugh. By the time I got wind of it a deal was already in the works and it had only been on their floor a couple of days. I went to see it anyway, not concours (wouldn't want that anyway) but definitely show quality and the price was right. Dammit.

Sponsored

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
I want to order a 2022 GT500. Not in a hurry, would just want to know I can order one like I want.

Thanks,
D.

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
No disrespect to anyone, but itā€™s almost impossible to find an MSRP deal. I know many people who tried for months on end with no success. I paid over, everyone I personally know paid over. Only people Iā€™ve never actually met state they got MSRP. To be perfect lot honest, I donā€™t believe 99% of them.

Itā€™s a lot of work, donā€™t expect someone to do it for you.

Orā€¦ā€¦.perhaps crickets because 99% of the MSRP-ers didnā€™t pay MSRPā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
I agree I paid over too I called and the cars were all over list, I also wonder if they really got the car for list or are just lying about it due to the chip shortage and the fact these cars are really in short suppy Im glad I got the car I did whitin a week of buying mine all the cars in this area were sold,there were quite a few dealers with orders in but no cars availible!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Jmeo said:
. I paid over, everyone I personally know paid over. Only people Iā€™ve never actually met state they got MSRP. To be perfect lot honest, I donā€™t believe 99% of them.

Itā€™s a lot of work, donā€™t expect someone to do it for you.

Orā€¦ā€¦.perhaps crickets because 99% of the MSRP-ers didnā€™t pay MSRPā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
I knew a GT500 was coming. So when I sold my GT350 to a dealer in MO, I stated one caveat as part of the deal - that I would be promised the dealer's first GT500 allocation and that it would be for msrp. The dealer agreed after making it clear that no GT500 had been announced and that it may never happen.

This was in November of 2017.

When the car was announced they contacted me, saying the moment the order banks were opened they would get my order in. Everything worked out, including paying msrp, and the chassis number on my '20 is 251.

Glad I jumped on the train before there was a train.
Sponsored