MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
First year of a brand new engine architecture from GM seems like a scary proposition, though at least the C8 chassis will have been out for 2 years.

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
First year of a brand new engine architecture from GM seems like a scary proposition, though at least the C8 chassis will have been out for 2 years.
Yea, I guess it is the same thing with the Voodoo engine. Sometimes the first is the worst, sometimes not.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yea, I guess it is the same thing with the Voodoo engine. Sometimes the first is the worst, sometimes not.
Kind of similar, GM does lots of OHC V6 and 4 cylinder engines. But the LS7 was similar to past engines.

There's no guarantee this engine will be as terrific as the Voodoo. The Voodoo is one in a million greatness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Kind of similar, GM does lots of OHC V6 and 4 cylinder engines. But the LS7 was similar to past engines.

There's no guarantee this engine will be as terrific as the Voodoo. The Voodoo is one in a million greatness.
True. I do love the sound of it when I get to 8250

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,.............I should keep the mileage low on my car and continue to save my pennys??
Gonna be a bad bitch. If the C8 Z51 is a performer, can you imagine how bad ass the C8 Z06 is going to be?? NASTY!

Probably closer to 700HP too, in my opinion. That's Over 600HP, right? :giggle: Just like the Hellcats were over 600HP before they came out. :crazy:

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So,.............I should keep the mileage low on my car and continue to save my pennys??
Gonna be a bad bitch. If the C8 Z51 is a performer, can you imagine how bad ass the C8 Z06 is going to be?? NASTY!

Probably closer to 700HP too, in my opinion. That's Over 600HP, right? :giggle: Just like the Hellcats were over 600HP before they came out. :crazy:
It definitely will be lighter then the Z51, which is normal for a Z06 variant.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It'll be lighter and way faster.
BEAST!
To me the spirit of the Z06 is dead without a manual transmission. But I believe that it will be fast. Probably not super light, but fast.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

700HP and a 5.5L NA would be ~127 HP/L, that seems kind of undoable. I mean, cars like the Aventador were ~106 HP/L, and close to 700 but also 6.5L, and __way__ more expensive. The Huracan was 115, that's getting up there. The Voodoo at 5.5 L, just using "dumb math" is ~556HP (as more of a lower-end type design target).

I predict if this really winds up being NA, it'll be in somewhere between 605 and 620HP.

I think it's killer (if true) they're going back to NA for the Z06 - maybe they're reserving a ZR1 for the same FPC motor but with TT :D

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
To me the spirit of the Z06 is dead without a manual transmission. But I believe that it will be fast. Probably not super light, but fast.
So, not really feeling the new GT500 either because of the 7 speed DCT?
The automatics are the "go to" transmission these days. I had a 2013 Roush Stage 3 with the M6, it was fun. :thumbsup: I understand where you're coming from though, but the automatics TRUMP the manuals these days. In both performance and personal preference aspects.

700HP and a 5.5L NA would be ~127 HP/L, that seems kind of undoable. I mean, cars like the Aventador were ~106 HP/L, and close to 700 but also 6.5L, and __way__ more expensive. The Huracan was 115, that's getting up there. The Voodoo at 5.5 L, just using "dumb math" is ~556HP (as more of a lower-end type design target).
I predict if this really winds up being NA, it'll be in somewhere between 605 and 620HP.
I think it's killer (if true) they're going back to NA for the Z06 - maybe they're reserving a ZR1 for the same FPC motor but with TT :D
Probably so.
I was thinking maybe 650+,...but maybe I was being a little "over anxious". lol :giggle:

OP
OP
lateinthegame

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So, not really feeling the new GT500 either because of the 7 speed DCT?
The automatics are the "go to" transmission these days. I had a 2013 Roush Stage 3 with the M6, it was fun. :thumbsup: I understand where you're coming from though, but the automatics TRUMP the manuals these days. In both performance and personal preference aspects.

Probably so.
I was thinking maybe 650+,...but maybe I was being a little "over anxious". lol :giggle:
Yea, I think your 700hp was a wish list, not reality list.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Probably so.
I think we're pretty peaked with regards to engine configuration vs. maximum efficiency, I guess a crazy RPM + DI + 32v V8 might get close to that[?]

Heck, the C8 is pretty stout as it sits with 495HP, the same chassis with some wider rubber, a few lighter weight components, and another ~130HP will be nuts.
Sponsored