2021 Mustang Refresh Spied!

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Surely - Its what underneath that counts.. What happens when you drive it, the engine, steering feel, the noise, handling etc.
Would be nice if we didn't have to spend several thousands of $$ getting the drivetrain, suspension, handling and tune right.

Unless you drive by store windows all day looking at yourself :)
Looks to me like a Euro spec car, NCAP rating pleaser.. Maybe its the 'BrexitStang'
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Defo a euro spec.

Clear front and rear.
Mirrors.
Orange reflector side markers.
Red rear fog.

Or maybe that’s just to throw us of the scent ...

WD :like:

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Yeah 100% Euro/Australian spec as mentioned. I haven't read through the thread in full sorry, but the front brakes look bigger but maybe i'm imagining things. Either way it'll look interesting with what looks to me like the raised indicators and the original style air-inlet below, but just bigger due to no indicator being there any more. Also be interesting to see how many of these changes filter down to other counties (rear spoiler etc) as Ford love to chop and change depending on the region.

Someone questioned why you would facelift it at this point - this is standard fare. Late-life updates usually hint at the changes you'll expect to see in the new generation, so it's not as much of a system-shock. So you can expect more sleek lighting at the front with bigger air-dams i would imagine.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Someone questioned why you would facelift it at this point - this is standard fare. Late-life updates usually hint at the changes you'll expect to see in the new generation, so it's not as much of a system-shock. So you can expect more sleek lighting at the front with bigger air-dams i would imagine.
Now this is what I'm talking about, because some automakers mention that the facelift model is used as the conceptual basis for designers developing the next gen vehicle. Or, they specifically develop a facelift to bridge the gap. When you look at some S550 design stuff from 2010, you can see where the 2013MY car came from.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
so I get way bored easy. Using clues in the pictures I located the street view of where that cars pictures were taken. They were right near ford's new vehicle development buildings. And form the angles they were taken from this random corner in the snow LOL. Sometimes I think these "leaks" aren't "leaks" . Yeah I had nothing else to add to the conversation LOL Just having fun. Can't Wait till new generation though
Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
so I get way bored easy. Using clues in the pictures I located the street view of where that cars pictures were taken. They were right near ford's new vehicle development buildings. And form the angles they were taken from this random corner in the snow LOL. Sometimes I think these "leaks" aren't "leaks" . Yeah I had nothing else to add to the conversation LOL Just having fun. Can't Wait till new generation though
Have in mind that spyphotographer don't drive around randomly, hoping for a prototype, but camp at the usual driveways where the prototypes have to drive through to get to the testing oder developemtn grounds :like:

Don't know if anybody already saw that, but the prototype has the same antenna as the Mach E - So I'm 100% sure that it will have SYNC4 :clap:
sharkfin.png

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting, I always thought they would save Sync 3.4/4 for the S650, but it does make sense for an iconic product like the Mustang to get it now.
I've made an assumption that all Fords will get Sync 4 for the '21MY...............Ford actually stated "The new SYNC 4 system will be available on select Ford vehicles starting in 2020"

That being said, if it's ready, I still think it makes sense to introduce it on this facelift.......especially as that shark fin is definitely different from whats currently used.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've made an assumption that all Fords will get Sync 4 for the '21MY...............Ford actually stated "The new SYNC 4 system will be available on select Ford vehicles starting in 2020"

That being said, if it's ready, I still think it makes sense to introduce it on this facelift.......especially as that shark fin is definitely different from whats currently used.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html
Yall know that just an xm antenna right? Really not an indicator of head unit. Its a styling choice.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that thinks the old antenna looks better ... ?

New one looks very euro / German.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Am I the only one that thinks the old antenna looks better ... ?

New one looks very euro / German.

Yeah i like tye low flat one better. This sticks up in air on a sleek car. Doesnt go with it.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
kinda interesting they used the euro spec car (but its LHD it seems) for a test mule

unless all 18+ euro cars are LHD...
Sponsored