Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 vs. Tesla Model 3

TeslaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I was out at the local drag strip with my Tesla and I happened to race against a pre-production 2021 Mustang Mach 1 driven by Evan Smith (REVan Evan YouTube). I was seriously impressed with how quick the stock mustang was, I didn’t know they were in the 11’s from the factory. It was a very close race and most of all it was just a fun run. You guys may know of Evan better than I do, but he was a really cool guy.

I made this video of the race (my first YouTube video), but hope you enjoy. The outcome can be debated either way, but in the end, it was a great time had by all. I’m always happy to see more 11 second cars out there, simply amazing to think about attainable 11 second bone stock cars..

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Nice run for long range model

Also had the Acceleration upgrade. The Mach actually had a better ET and MPH. Evan lost only because of reaction time.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
No ty.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I had a Tesla Model 3 Performance. The 0-60 and acceleration anywhere between 0 up to about 50 was impressive. The handling was not too bad however, anything at 60mph onwards was very disappointing.

Essentially, the Teslas are all demons from a stop and at slower speeds however, anything up top and from a handling perspective will not compare to a GT PP1 and above.

Also, they are very inconsistent, as soon as the temperatures are below 50F the power drop is noticeable. I will say from a stop, they are very hard to beat, mine was consistent 0-60 at 3.2 seconds, I could not even get my Z06 to match that on the street, best I could get was 3.3 and my wife's Trackhawk also has a best of 3.3 seconds.

Overall, the Tesla was nice for commuting however, it eventually became a bit boring and I wanted something with better handling and some noise hence, I traded it in on a Mustang GT PP2 and from there went on into the Z06 (unexpected great deal). Of course, now I am back where I belong in a Shelby.

Moral of the story, don't mess with an EV below 60, on the highway or in turns, they have little to nothing on a PP1 or beyond.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TeslaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I had a Tesla Model 3 Performance. The 0-60 and acceleration anywhere between 0 up to about 50 was impressive. The handling was not too bad however, anything at 60mph onwards was very disappointing.

Essentially, the Teslas are all demons from a stop and at slower speeds however, anything up top and from a handling perspective will not compare to a GT PP1 and above.

Also, they are very inconsistent, as soon as the temperatures are below 50F the power drop is noticeable. I will say from a stop, they are very hard to beat, mine was consistent 0-60 at 3.2 seconds, I could not even get my Z06 to match that on the street, best I could get was 3.3 and my wife's Trackhawk also has a best of 3.3 seconds.

Overall, the Tesla was nice for commuting however, it eventually became a bit boring and I wanted something with better handling and some noise hence, I traded it in on a Mustang GT PP2 and from there went on into the Z06 (unexpected great deal). Of course, now I am back where I belong in a Shelby.

Moral of the story, don't mess with an EV below 60, on the highway or in turns, they have little to nothing on a PP1 or beyond.
Yeah, I agree, the highway acceleration is not where it should be given the 0-60 times. They are hard to beat for driving around town.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was out at the local drag strip with my Tesla and I happened to race against a pre-production 2021 Mustang Mach 1 driven by Evan Smith (REVan Evan YouTube). I was seriously impressed with how quick the stock mustang was, I didn’t know they were in the 11’s from the factory. It was a very close race and most of all it was just a fun run. You guys may know of Evan better than I do, but he was a really cool guy.

I made this video of the race (my first YouTube video), but hope you enjoy. The outcome can be debated either way, but in the end, it was a great time had by all. I’m always happy to see more 11 second cars out there, simply amazing to think about attainable 11 second bone stock cars..

If it was the Evan J. Smith, former editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords - and holds the Mustang journalism hat for many other publications and thousands of articles - yes, he is one of the friendliest and top notch guys in the Mustang Community. I know him from when he also used to peruse Corral.net during the original 5.0 Movement of the 80’s-90’s and he’s been to MANY tracks across the Country. He’s also a Ford Test Driver, and has had the pleasure of being behind the wheel of MANY Mustangs. IIRC, he still owns his 87 Fox Mustang.

He’s the founder of this site, which I’ve had bookmarked for quite some time:
http://revanmedia.com/media/

If anyone gets to meet him, he’s definitely genuine and down to earth. Evan if you’re reading - hats off to ya bud!

OP
OP

TeslaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
If it was the Evan J. Smith, former editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords - and holds the Mustang journalism hat for many other publications and thousands of articles - yes, he is one of the friendliest and top notch guys in the Mustang Community. I know him from when he also used to peruse Corral.net during the original 5.0 Movement of the 80’s-90’s and he’s been to MANY tracks across the Country. He’s also a Ford Test Driver, and has had the pleasure of being behind the wheel of MANY Mustangs. IIRC, he still owns his 87 Fox Mustang.

If anyone gets to meet him, he’s definitely genuine and down to earth. Evan if you’re reading - hats off to ya bud!

Yes, that was him. couldn't agree more!

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Explorer ST

I met Evan when the 2013 GT500's had their media events at Road Atlanta and Atlanta Dragway.
Nice guy for sure.
Sponsored