Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
What is out there is just a mule for testing. What we get is most likely a parts bin car. The GT 350 and bullitt will probably be gone for 21. What I see happening is it will get the same front fascia as the 21 GT with possibly a different hood and /or some sort of hood scoop. The bullitt engine will be carried over with maybe a slight power bump, hopefully it will reach the magic 500 hp mark, but it will stay at 5.0L, the 5.2 will be a shelby exclusive. Trans will be the MT-82 or the 10R80, your choice. Suspension will be either a PP1 or PP2 (depends on where ford wants to market it) with mach 1 inspired wheels. And finally the gt 500 rear valance, exhaust tips with the wing that is pictured.

This is by no means anywhere near set in stone, just my predictions.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. thanks for the info. I'm kind of hoping for wider fenders, not a fan of the poke.
Me too. And if they widen the body work to cover the poke they will be able to sell it in foreign markets where laws currently prevent the pp2 being sold.... then I can buy one!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Me too. And if they widen the body work to cover the poke they will be able to sell it in foreign markets where laws currently prevent the pp2 being sold.... then I can buy one!
I had been wondering if they'd sell it worldwide, like the Bullitt. I'm guessing, if it were to have wider front fenders it would require (re) crash testing for, which might be cost prohibitive. That's getting ahead of ourselves though as this mule certainly doesn't appear to have wider fenders.......but if it's just a powertrain prototype, revised bodywork might come later (but I'm not holding my breath!)

:)

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's the Gen4 Coyote in testing! This time without the cylinder rattle!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I had been wondering if they'd sell it worldwide, like the Bullitt. I'm guessing, if it were to have wider front fenders it would require (re) crash testing for, which might be cost prohibitive. That's getting ahead of ourselves though as this mule certainly doesn't appear to have wider fenders.......but if it's just a powertrain prototype, revised bodywork might come later (but I'm not holding my breath!)

:)
If they use existing fenders from the gt350 do they still need to do crash testing?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
If they use existing fenders from the gt350 do they still need to do crash testing?
They can only do that if they use the S550.1-style front end, which they can't sell in Europe. Not to mention, they'll still have to do the crash testing because it's not a GT350. It's going to be a Mustang GT with some options.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, the GT350 has never been crash tested in Europe.....and, as stated, the Mach 1 appears like it's using the '18+ GT as a base. Any significant bodywork changes would (I believe) require a re-test.

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
What is out there is just a mule for testing. What we get is most likely a parts bin car. The GT 350 and bullitt will probably be gone for 21. What I see happening is it will get the same front fascia as the 21 GT with possibly a different hood and /or some sort of hood scoop. The bullitt engine will be carried over with maybe a slight power bump, hopefully it will reach the magic 500 hp mark, but it will stay at 5.0L, the 5.2 will be a shelby exclusive. Trans will be the MT-82 or the 10R80, your choice. Suspension will be either a PP1 or PP2 (depends on where ford wants to market it) with mach 1 inspired wheels. And finally the gt 500 rear valance, exhaust tips with the wing that is pictured.

This is by no means anywhere near set in stone, just my predictions.
Was about to say the same. Ford is well known for using the parts bin on these test mules just to keep people guessing and not reveal any design changes they may have in the works. It also saves them money as they will use parts that wouldnt necessarily be of quality for finish for public consumption.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I bet the guys and gals developing this car within Team Mustang are having a good chuckle at our guesses :giggle:

Whatever the specs of this car, I'm sure they'll do us proud :like:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I bet the guys and gals developing this car within Team Mustang are having a good chuckle at our guesses :giggle:

Whatever the specs of this car, I'm sure they'll do us proud :like:
I just hope they read feedback like this. Both as an insight into enthusiasts, and so they, as you said, can laugh at us.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ford Performance sells the same wheels in 9.5 and 10in so I wouldn't be amazed if they just used those wheels over seas to cover that problem. I think the 9.5/10 are listed as for the Ecoboost, but they could probably get away selling them for the GT also.