Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Same here, but I hope the quarter panel scoops are for the differential cooler or not there at all.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Same here, but I hope the quarter panel scoops are for the differential cooler or not there at all.
Whilst I'd love a '69 style quarter scoop (as long as its functional) I really don't see them giving the Mach 1 a unique quarter panel.....it'd be just too expensive :(

Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Don't like the wheels, but I think a "ram-air" hood *properly ducted* to the airbox would be sweet. No need to do shaker.
And agreed on the scoops. I just don't want to see Ford go down the Supra or Type R path and have a bunch of fake scoops. It's embarrassing.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't like fake scoops either, but I think they're in that rendering because the originals had it, so it wouldn't be like they are following Supra or Toyota on that.
1518705538237.jpg

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Just because I haven't posted this in a few months......a '71-'73 hood works well on the S550 :like:
Mach 1.jpg
If the mach 1 looks anything close to this, I'd buy one, especially if they bring back the azure blue for it.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
If the mach 1 looks anything close to this, I'd buy one, especially if they bring back the azure blue for it.
race red for me. I'd like the hood blackout to match the 71 where the scoops are from as well, and maybe a blacked out roof.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I had been wondering if they'd sell it worldwide, like the Bullitt.
I talked with the european product manager for the mustang about two years ago where he revealed the european Bullitt. He clearly stated that they are very interested in bringing other special models to europe too. The Bullitt was a huge hit here that they cancelled their first idea to limit the production numbers for europe, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach 1 will come to europe too.

He also said that a huge problem are the wheels of special packages (like California) since they force Ford to invest a lot of money in getting them legal for europe. With the Mach 1 having PP2 wheels this could indicate that they could offer the PP2 for europe too then.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's good to know. I do hope it comes here.

As for the wheels.....I wouldn't be surprised if those PP2 wheels on the prototype are placeholders. I'd expect the sizes to remain the same for production, but not the design.

Looking forward to the next spy shots :bandit::camera:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I don't know for a fact, but I'd be willing to bet the PP2 isn't legal in EU isn't because of the wheels...it's because of the splitter.
EU has much worse pedestrian crash laws than US.

MRXC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2018 Expedition Max, 2017 F-150 4x4
Come on Marc, you could care less about the Mach 1. You just wanted to post a pic of your gorgeous new Shelby. :) Well I for you can't blame you. :like::rockon:
Guilty as charged!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I believe someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I forgot to reply at the time.......there's now a much larger "shark fin" on the roof as opposed to the current "nipple". I wonder if this is a requirement for Sync 4, which is due to roll out on '21MY cars.

Seems Sync 4 will still work on an 8" screen, so there may be no need to upgrade the current screen, but it'd be nice if the 12" screen was an option in the Mustang, making the 8" the base screen.........so long as it can still be incorporated into the dash, as it is currently, rather than stuck on the top like an afterthought.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

s550-mustangmach1-g08-kgp-jpg.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I believe someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I forgot to reply at the time.......there's now a much larger "shark fin" on the roof as opposed to the current "nipple". I wonder if this is a requirement for Sync 4, which is due to roll out on '21MY cars.

Seems Sync 4 will still work on an 8" screen, so there may be no need to upgrade the current screen, but it'd be nice if the 12" screen was an option in the Mustang, making the 8" the base screen.........so long as it can still be incorporated into the dash, as it is currently, rather than stuck on the top like an afterthought.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

s550-mustangmach1-g08-kgp-jpg.jpg
I tried looking closely at the front windshield pics to see if an iPad was sticking out of the top of the dashboard. Couldn’t see anything. IMHO I do not seeing Ford making any major changes to the interior for the 2021 refresh. That said if they do I believe the 12” would not fit in the current configuration. Anyone with Photoshop that could give us an idea what that would look like?
Sponsored