2021 Mach 1 Colors Thread

Bill Hamilton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1, 2014 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ecoboot Mustang Pony Package Convertible
Thanks, "Twin Turbo", figured there had to be a better explanation. Also in talking with some of the people involved with the new Mach 1 at Carlisle, I thought I heard that 40% of the Mach's were slated for export. It seems there is a higher profit margin for Ford as most of these cars are ordered max'ed out with options. I also got the impression Ford wanted to built a lot of these cars as it will replace the Bullitt and GT350 in the Mustang lineup, plus hold down the ADM from dealerships.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I understand why they have to be crushed, but I'd gladly sign a liability and warranty waiver to get one for cheap.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I understand why they have to be crushed, but I'd gladly sign a liability and warranty waiver to get one for cheap.
If Ford did that, only collectors would be buying them, and selling them 30 years later at TV auctions.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
So this interesting related to colors.....Jacked this from another thread on here.....according to this sheet the Mach 1 will only be available in 8 colors......

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/2021-ford-whats-new.pdf

Also...doesn't apply to Mach 1 unfortunately but they do not make mention of "Lucid Red" which is supposedly replacing "Rapid Red".......I personally love Rapid Red so it's a shame it won't be offered on the Mach 1...at least for the first year....

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Man, Ford confirming what I feared... I was REALLY hoping to get an antimatter blue Mach 1. I don’t know why they wouldn’t open up the palette for Mach 1
I'll never understand crap like this either.....I get not giving us Ford Performance Blue as it's reserved for the Shelby but there is no reason to not open up the whole pallet. I would love to have a Rapid Red Mach 1 but Velocity Blue also does it for me so that would be my choice as I used to own an 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. But if Velocity Blue was not a choice either I would simply not buy one. As much as I love what the car is I need to have it in a color I truly want or it's no dice. I might be in the minority on that but it's just one more thing to me that will disappoint a lot of people if their favorite color is not part of the 8 colors mentioned. Once again....WTF Ford?? Seriously.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I'll never understand crap like this either.....I get not giving us Ford Performance Blue as it's reserved for the Shelby but there is no reason to not open up the whole pallet. I would love to have a Rapid Red Mach 1 but Velocity Blue also does it for me so that would be my choice as I used to own an 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. But if Velocity Blue was not a choice either I would simply not buy one. As much as I love what the car is I need to have it in a color I truly want or it's no dice. I might be in the minority on that but it's just one more thing to me that will disappoint a lot of people if their favorite color is not part of the 8 colors mentioned. Once again....WTF Ford?? Seriously.
I am a one color buyer. Luckily, the Mustang has and will always be available in my one color.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
In talking with a Ford Executive at Carlisle two weeks ago, he told me an interesting story on the orange stripping and calipers. It's a tribute to the original X-1 flown by Chuck Yeager in 1947. It was originally painted orange. The "Jet Fighter Gray" color comes from late 50's/early 60's when most of the USAF fighter aircraft were repainted a shiny gray to protect the bare aluminum from corrosion.
Yes, give us a grey car in tribute to an Orange or White plane. I would much prefer orange or white. In the 50's & 60's they were bare metal (because corrosion isn't a significant issue with aluminum), white, or later the Vietnam camo. Jet Fighter Gray as the only color for the top package makes no sense to me. Grey has no history in Ford race or performance cars. One of my biggest frustrations shopping for a GT350 is ssooo many of them are boring Grey.

P.S. I love the $4000 GT350 Heritage package with $400 worth of white with blue stripes + an extra $20 worth of door stripes. But at least it isn't grey.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Yes, give us a grey car in tribute to an Orange or White plane. I would much prefer orange or white. In the 50's & 60's they were bare metal (because corrosion isn't a significant issue with aluminum), white, or later the Vietnam camo. Jet Fighter Gray as the only color for the top package makes no sense to me. Grey has no history in Ford race or performance cars. One of my biggest frustrations shopping for a GT350 is ssooo many of them are boring Grey.

P.S. I love the $4000 GT350 Heritage package with $400 worth of white with blue stripes + an extra $20 worth of door stripes. But at least it isn't grey.
everything these days is grey-scale. It appears that some 75%+ of new vehicles on the road are somewhere between very light grey (white) and very dark grey (black). no blues, reds, greens, oranges, no two-tone paints, bright yellows, nothing that pops, nothing that screams 'LOOK AT ME! I LOVE MY RIDE! I LIKE TO HAVE FUN!' I mean, I can go look out the window of the office to the off-ramp, and there is a decent chance that every car on the offramp will be white, black or grey. or maybe even 10 white cars all in a row, and I'm not talking about work trucks, but personal vehicles.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Jet Fighter Gray as the only color for the top package makes no sense to me. Grey has no history in Ford race or performance cars. One of my biggest frustrations shopping for a GT350 is ssooo many of them are boring Grey.
I swear Ford doesn't have an original thought in it's entire marketing department. A few years ago BMW offered a 'FJG' for their limited edition M4 that was only sold to US troops stationed in Germany. This strikes me as pure copy-cat.

I wish there was a way to beat the stupid out of Ford Marketing but I think it's genetic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jet Fighter Gray as the only color for the top package makes no sense to me.
Can we please stop with this misconception? FJG is available on both the HP and non-HP cars, and the HP car is available with any color in the Mach 1 palette. FJG is exclusive to the appearance package, which means it can only be had with orange stripes. That’s it

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update: twister orange with white stripe added

John Houseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar Convertible, 2000 F-250, 2013 F-150, 2020 F-150 PREVIOUSLY Owned 1982 Mustaang GT, 1986 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang V-6, 2005 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible, 2008 Shelby GT500,
I am new to the forum an looking for additional clarification. At the start, I believed, Handling Package Mach 1's got the Orange stripes with the Appearance Package. Am I wrong? I've only seen one Paint color on a Handling Package Mach 1 thus far, Fighter Jet Gray.

I will be getting one with Handling Package and think the Orange stripes will look great on other colors as well. I like the Fighter Jet Gray, but don't necessarily want the same car everyone else may have on the road. Whit, Black, Orange, and Yellow are my thoughts.
Sponsored