2021 GT loose driver seat, any ideas?

dreamvillian_9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Anyone ever had their seat come loose on them? Causes the seat to shift if I brake hard.I checked and initially I thought something was wrong with the rail, but it seems like there’s a loose bolt somewhere? Idk it’s hard to see without taking the whole seat out, there isn’t a ton of room to work down there. Two videos attached below. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
dreamvillian_9

dreamvillian_9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Found the problem, was simply a loose torx bolt. Removed plastic trim covering the side and tightened it up.

Last edited:

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I get a little "clunk" and a shift of the seat when cornering hard... I always wondered if something might be loose under there. I don't get anywhere near the movement you did in yours, but it's worth looking at. Any tricks to getting the trim off?

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I can honestly say I’ve never seen a seat come loose like that. If that was from the factory and not from another owner messing around with it that’s pretty crazy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dreamvillian_9

dreamvillian_9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I get a little "clunk" and a shift of the seat when cornering hard... I always wondered if something might be loose under there. I don't get anywhere near the movement you did in yours, but it's worth looking at. Any tricks to getting the trim off?
The beginning of this video shows how to remove the cover.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That would be a major safety issue if it came like that from the factory. Surprised the PDI didn't catch it.

OP
OP
dreamvillian_9

dreamvillian_9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I can honestly say I’ve never seen a seat come loose like that. If that was from the factory and not from another owner messing around with it that’s pretty crazy.
It didn’t come from the factory like that. I’ve had the car almost 3 years and it just recently started doing that maybe a week ago or so.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Not necessarily that it was loose from the factory, but that it came loose. Just never seen that happen on an unmolested seat haha.
Sponsored